Evisu is still loved!

benzak

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2018 at 5:09 AM, devilva said:

I tried on a pair of TTS 2000T at Evisu the Tokyo while is was there but just wasnt into the fit. Waist seemed ok but everything else was super tight. Anyone looking to get a pair, I'd also recommend sizing up.

Yeah I was gonna do a comparison of my size 35 No.1 2000s to the 33 2000Ts but then realised it was pointless as I wore the 2000s when soaking to keep them stretched and didn't soak the new pair at all. 

Still loving the fit though. And didn't realise how much my 2000s had faded until I put them side by side. Note the slanted coin pocket on the new pair. 

20180623_203830_resized.jpg

20180623_203122_resized.jpg

20180623_203153_resized.jpg

20180623_203131_resized.jpg

Yeah interesting coin pocket. The fit really suits you Ben, hopefully the upper area stretches out for comfort. Now im wishing I tried on a pair of the mizuhiki's a size up but still think I would have gone the 2000's.

Just washed my No1's again. Have a crotch blowout so at some point will take them and a few others in for repairs.

dkeQI4p.jpg?1

mXoMIwv.jpg?1

22 hours ago, devilva said:

Yeah interesting coin pocket. The fit really suits you Ben, hopefully the upper area stretches out for comfort. Now im wishing I tried on a pair of the mizuhiki's a size up but still think I would have gone the 2000's.

Just washed my No1's again. Have a crotch blowout so at some point will take them and a few others in for repairs.

Cheers bud, I'm enjoying wearing them. 

What else are you wearing these days? You still got much of your old collection?

Basically Ive been wearing these No.1's for the last 7-8 months and some slimmer cuts in other brands on weekends. Now that these need repairs not sure what my next pair will be. I started breaking in my Lazy S's but they're super loose and have been leaning towards slimmer cuts in the last couple of years. I might start giving those a good wear.

I posted this up awhile ago, its my current collection. Havent sold any. Now that Ive thought about it, will probably go the Lazy S's.

tNsEAVc.jpg

On 27/06/2018 at 8:45 AM, devilva said:

Basically Ive been wearing these No.1's for the last 7-8 months and some slimmer cuts in other brands on weekends. Now that these need repairs not sure what my next pair will be. I started breaking in my Lazy S's but they're super loose and have been leaning towards slimmer cuts in the last couple of years. I might start giving those a good wear.

I posted this up awhile ago, its my current collection. Havent sold any. Now that Ive thought about it, will probably go the Lazy S's.

tNsEAVc.jpg

Quaiity stuff mate. I need to get a pair of 2101s again one day. 

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_20180731_215622-01.thumb.jpeg.767e55a4e1c4f7f85ead004adc8f0a4b.jpeg

IMG_20180731_215839-01.thumb.jpeg.fd41b16477df3ff1df98de832064bfda.jpeg

Pulling the No1 out of the rotation.

Feels like I had been wearing this forever...

Been really happy with the current state of fades so it's a good time to stop & give other pair some more wear.

abit more closeup shots:

IMG_20180731_220155-01.thumb.jpeg.44eb3966f2eca861c79a4071a4d780bc.jpeg

IMG_20180731_215958-01.thumb.jpeg.67924f19e310dc5a1f9f329cedfbba37.jpeg

Edited by redragon
Upload pictures directly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello folks, I'm new to Evisu. Could someone please clue me in on this pair I found recently? It definitely looks recent and is probably nothing compared to the grail pairs that are being discussed here. But I was curious if anybody knew roughly when these were made and what sort of denim it uses, where it was made, sanforized versus unsanforized. It has a pink selvedge line. The coin pocket also features this selvedge line. Back pockets have hidden rivets, are half lined and have the black seagull motifs printed on each. I don't think they've been hemmed but interestingly enough they did not use the chainstitch that I thought were to be expected in these sorts of jeans.

They seem to fit pretty roomy with a long rise and a straight cut. Are they worth wearing or is this just for the brand? Thanks in advance.

Edited by cause4pause

They are the euro line, I think the fabric was d85? Not sure as maybe that was a red/white selvedge line.

They will fade up nice if you put the time in, pretty sure it's above tagged eg. 32 tag will measure 34 so not going to be a slim modern fit 

Just to let people know, the Ueno store Is closed, although Evisu JP still have It listed on the website! I was In Ueno last week so I can confirm this.

Its Daikanyama only now for Tokyo.

12 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

They are the euro line, I think the fabric was d85? Not sure as maybe that was a red/white selvedge line.

They will fade up nice if you put the time in, pretty sure it's above tagged eg. 32 tag will measure 34 so not going to be a slim modern fit 

Thanks for your reply. I’ve been trying to read up more about these but have come up pretty empty. The colour of the selvedge somehow resembles photos I’ve seen of the number 1 and 2 denim ranges, but I’m hesitant to believe they are the same.

There have also been posts about Evisu jeans that are made in China versus Macau. Are they for the same market?

Those jeans are indeed huge and look pretty dowdy on me, almost falling off my hips!

Yeah good point, these must be a good few years old! Get a fit picture up, if you wanted you could give them a real hot soak, wear them damp to set them up right and get any possible shrinking out. I found the kettle in the kitchen sink worked, just don't pour the water directly on the leather patch!

On 27/08/2018 at 4:58 AM, cause4pause said:

Hello folks, I'm new to Evisu. Could someone please clue me in on this pair I found recently? It definitely looks recent and is probably nothing compared to the grail pairs that are being discussed here. But I was curious if anybody knew roughly when these were made and what sort of denim it uses, where it was made, sanforized versus unsanforized. It has a pink selvedge line. The coin pocket also features this selvedge line. Back pockets have hidden rivets, are half lined and have the black seagull motifs printed on each. I don't think they've been hemmed but interestingly enough they did not use the chainstitch that I thought were to be expected in these sorts of jeans.

They seem to fit pretty roomy with a long rise and a straight cut. Are they worth wearing or is this just for the brand? Thanks in advance.

Further to Chambo's response, these are from Evisu Heritage (international, not European ed- it gets confusing). The fabric is Japanese green cast broken twill, the same as the brown box jeans that have been around this thread- it's lovely stuff. The denim is sanforized so you won't get a massive amount of shrinkage. They were made in Macau at a very good factory, same quality as other Evisu Heritage, but not the same as Evisu JP. I hope this helps! As Chambo says, they'll wear in very nicely if you put the time in.