Evisu is still loved!

benzak

3 minutes ago, barty9 said:

thanks for the tip. I have a few friends stateside so will be having a chat! How do they size up?

Notoriously unreliably! A lot of people size down half a size on the mocs from what I can tell but I have one foot wider than the other so I either go TTS or size up half a size depending on what I'm looking at and what's been available. I often wear an insole in my left boot to compensate for the extra room on one side.

Best bet would be to ask about specific models in the boots thread on here - but for the Maine Guide Boots, you could down size a bit if your feet are normal width.

Triads have some good stuff in their sale at the moment amongst other sites - because of the price of them it's fairly easy to find older stock at reduced prices online.

I’ve stumbled upon a pair of Evisu heritage jeans. Painted red tab but otherwise unadorned back pockets. The seller didn’t know much more. Does anyone know what fit they are and if they have potential? I read somewhere that they’re supposed to be a Levi’s homage but they don’t seem to be stf. 

6755B4A1-5CFB-4C57-9D0D-C8097787FE91.jpeg

D3278E65-E423-41C8-9274-021E26AEFFDA.png

6EBB613D-3B1A-4EA6-B1EA-0437FC701EE4.png

6 minutes ago, Spiraltoy said:

I’ve stumbled upon a pair of Evisu heritage jeans. Painted red tab but otherwise unadorned back pockets. The seller didn’t know much more. Does anyone know what fit they are and if they have potential? I read somewhere that they’re supposed to be a Levi’s homage but they don’t seem to be stf. 

6755B4A1-5CFB-4C57-9D0D-C8097787FE91.jpeg

D3278E65-E423-41C8-9274-021E26AEFFDA.png

6EBB613D-3B1A-4EA6-B1EA-0437FC701EE4.png

0001 fit I think, and yeah they were a kind of nod to Levi's. Check the inseam length though because they have been hemmed. 

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

Thanks! Yeah i saw the inseam, its actually a perfect length for me. Just wish it was hemmed with a chainstitch.

Edited by Spiraltoy
gramar

• 2 weeks later...

Havent posted in here for quite some time, but i figured someone in here might be able to help

So Ive found these Evisu No 2 with the gold daicocks, I had the exact same jeans back in ‘10! But they Seem a bit supicious to me

https://imgur.com/gallery/9XEPZ

1. The leather tag seems “plastic” and the font seems too “boxy”?

2. The selvedge is “Rising sun” which AFAIK only was used on No 3 denim? The No 2’s have red selvedge?

3. He has No receipt or tags, he blames it on hus mom who had the jeans stores since 2011

He’s asking a price that would make one believe they are legit. And the pics I have Seen of fake “Rising Sun”-selvedge are far Worse than these. Actually seems like legit Rising Sun selvedge, just on the wrong No..

I have never dealt with fake raw denim before, so Can someone Tell me if this is just a weird EU version that I havent seen before? 

Thanks!

Edited by Superstar

On 17/03/2018 at 4:01 PM, Superstar said:

Havent posted in here for quite some time, but i figured someone in here might be able to help

So Ive found these Evisu No 2 with the gold daicocks, I had the exact same jeans back in ‘10! But they Seem a bit supicious to me

It'd be good to see the inner tags/buttons etc, but these look legit to me. When these were made, Evisu intl was just using No2 to mean all pre-shrunk denim, including this (D85/Rising Sun, woven in China) No3 was a later name for the same fabric, when No2 started being used for sanforized Japanese redline selvage. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...