Evisu is still loved!

benzak

On 11/18/2017 at 2:47 PM, IDIOT BITCH said:

Six months, two washes. Crease definition seems nicely set so I'm probably gonna start cleaning them every six weeks to two months~

7vVshBWl.jpg

hEADwnsl.jpg

wETjPyXl.jpg

action shot:

JYEWnERl.jpg

Do you have measurements for this pair? If so can you post?

So found these on ebay for under $20... they are odd. Beautiful, probably unsanforized denim. I saw one pair for sale on rakuten, but the pockets have chainstitch embroidery instead of the print on mine. Different denim too. I'll get some more pics when I get the time... details are all just a bit different than the Japanese evisu I've had and the heritage stuff. 

IMG_20171206_201604-01.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

The denim looks very nice indeed Cheap! Make sure to post any info you find. 

Man... I've searched all over the Internet and am coming up empty handed. 

Here's the selvedge line... all other pis of these have a more plain looking red selvedge.

IMG_20171207_140342.jpg

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:44 PM, cheapmuthafukr said:

Anyone have info on evisu paris?

They used to have a few pairs in the old Evisu HQ on Savile Row, mate. Saw them when I popped down there a couple or three times back in the day.

The denim felt different to me too, and they had totally different designs to the Evisu Heritage stuff at the time. Seem to remember that they used dragons on the jeans quite often too - seen a few pairs on eBay UK over the years and  they still crop up from time to time.

I couldn't tell you if the Evisu Paris was part of the standard Evisu International range or not, but as far as I know there was only one company licensed to use the name outside of Japan so they might have been France exclusives within that framework. The Evisu shop on Savile Row also carried a few MiJ pieces (at massively inflated prices) so I wouldn't assume that the Evisu Paris jeans' presence there was definite confirmation that they were part of the International set up.

In other news, I've had the deadstock Brown Box jeans and the almost deadstock Lazy S jeans altered to fit better. I'll try and get some pics over the weekend before I send them off to get hemmed.

On 06/12/2017 at 1:44 PM, cheapmuthafukr said:

Anyone have info on evisu paris?

As far as I know Yamane opened a shop in Paris as a side project separate to the deal that became Evisu international. I think the design was done by Evisu JP, and production for everything I've seen is Chinese, although I think there were some crossover dragon jeans that were standard MiJ No2s with Paris branding. The denim is nice- it's quite loose and has a lot of falling slubs, with quite a bright blue caste. I had a Paris jacket which my mum now wears ^_^. I think the concept was a bit more Western wear than the mainline- suede patch, skipping cow, etc. Some of the jeans had sort of strap between the back pockets (across the seat seam) with a red woven label- sort of like a cinch, but with no adjuster/buckle, and too low to be useful. Maybe a rodeo thing? or just branding. Paris also had its own (printed) seagull shape- deeper and with more even tops than other versions- more straight-up McDonalds. The shop itself was beautiful- similar feel to the JP stores/Savile Rod. My 2¢...

edit- just thought of another thing. The seagulls at least were discharge printed, not plastisol- basically the print design is bleached out of the denim and then coloured in over the top of the bleach with a second print. Evisu intl. printed seagulls (or hand paint) will eventually rub off leaving dark denim underneath, but Paris prints are actually bleached into the fabric. As well as lasting longer (for better or worse) this gives them a slightly ghostly blur/halo around the edge. It was the same on the JP Before Anyone Did Anything Evisu Did Everything jeans

Edited by rodeo bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...