Evisu is still loved!

benzak

On 9/27/2017 at 11:27 AM, jimworldchampion said:

IMG_0133.JPG

I kopped a pair of these from Blue in Green back in '10, with the plain back pocket. Sold them, sadly, before I could enjoy them. It's pretty nice denim.

• 2 weeks later...

Missed my old Lazy S jeans so went on a hunt for a pair. Ended up finding two pairs, one in the 0005 fit that they did for the European market and one in the 0200 fit that was sold in the States. 

The 0005 jeans were mine for the fine sum of one single American dollar! These are a 30 waist but the 0005 model is vanity sized. 

No pics yet of the 0200 model but they're large in the waist for me and a much looser cut overall. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. 

20171014_120726.jpg

20171014_203626.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice jeans, Devilva! 

Found my grail and they arrived this morning. Will need some alterations as slightly larger than what I would have gone for if these were still available. Brown box Wrangler repros in that beautiful green caste denim from a few years ago. 

Also some pics of the mizuhiki jeans in the same denim that I've had for years. These are on the verge of falling apart now. Patched with finest English tweed! 

20171026_091223.jpg

20171026_091233.jpg

20171026_091239.jpg

20171026_091246.jpg

20171026_091256.jpg

20171026_091300.jpg

20171026_091327.jpg

Cheers Edward, im breaking in a pair of No.1's with black gulls at the moment (Bought a few pairs when Evisu had the 30% off for I think the earthquake relief a few years ago).

CTB I remember those mizuhiki of your's. I always wanted another pair (pretty sure I bought my Evis Lot.00 Yamane Deluxe mizuhiki's off you?) Also didnt I buy a pair of size 29 Brown boxes off you? lol I swear 3 or 4 of my jeans are from you.

Just got back to Australia from a trip to Japan. Spent most of the time in Tokyo and took the bullet train to Osaka for a 5 day stay. Dropped in to a few denim places, didnt go too crazy. Bought a couple of Evisu jeans and a pair of Momotaro '66 cut and just some sweaters and things. Did the touristy stuff like Tokyo Disney and Universal Studios in Osaka, wife went crazy on cosmetic's. Everyone was super friendly and polite, very clean. Food was great and the alcohol was a lot cheaper than Australia. Most denim heads would love it, couldnt recommend it enough.

17 minutes ago, devilva said:

Cheers Edward, im breaking in a pair of No.1's with black gulls at the moment (Bought a few pairs when Evisu had the 30% off for I think the earthquake relief a few years ago).

CTB I remember those mizuhiki of your's. I always wanted another pair (pretty sure I bought my Evis Lot.00 Yamane Deluxe mizuhiki's off you?) Also didnt I buy a pair of size 29 Brown boxes off you? lol I swear 3 or 4 of my jeans are from you.

Just got back to Australia from a trip to Japan. Spent most of the time in Tokyo and took the bullet train to Osaka for a 5 day stay. Dropped in to a few denim places, didnt go too crazy. Bought a couple of Evisu jeans and a pair of Momotaro '66 cut and just some sweaters and things. Did the touristy stuff like Tokyo Disney and Universal Studios in Osaka, wife went crazy on cosmetic's. Everyone was super friendly and polite, very clean. Food was great and the alcohol was a lot cheaper than Australia. Most denim heads would love it, couldnt recommend it enough.

Yeah, mate, you got the Yamane Deluxe and brown box jeans from me a few years ago. The denim on the YDs was beautiful man, just way too slim fitting for me! I also sold a pair of 32 brown boxes around the same time and for the life of me can't remember why, because I've been craving a pair even since. I've gotta good local alterations tailor who I'll be using to reshape the ones I've just landed to have the top block of a 32" lot 0005 and the taper of a 30" 0005. Will get that done soon and these will be loved next year!

I'm thinking of a trip to East Asia next year myself - probably Hong Kong and mainland China though. I lived in north China for a bit back in the early 90s so would be a trip down memory lane for me. Would be mind blowing to combine it with a trip to Japan though...

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

Yeah the brown boxes and Lazy S's grew on me after their run had finished so it became harder and harder to find a pair. But thankfully I have both stored away, not sure when i'll break them in but definitely plan to.

Paulo arent you from the UK? You're now living/working in Shibuya? I was staying at the bottom of Ginza in Shinbashi. Spent a day or 2 in Shibuya, was pretty cool. Also as far as slim cuts I tried on the 2000T (tapered), not sure when that model was released but its pretty slim. Didnt try on the 2005's so couldnt compare. For me I dont want my Evisu's slim so I just stayed with the 2000's.

CTB it was a toss up between Shanghai and Tokyo. My wife is from Shanghai and it was going to be a 'meet the parents' trip but cant remember if I threw up Tokyo or she did but happy either way. Next year may have to nut up and go meet the new family.

Also I remember that photo of when you were a teenager doing that sort of karate stance in China. That would have been interesting times for you. Its good to experience different cultures.

Edited by devilva

15 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Yeah. I also have a box fresh pair of lazy s in the UK. I'll dig out when I am back maybe. 

50 minutes ago, devilva said:

Yeah the brown boxes and Lazy S's grew on me after their run had finished so it became harder and harder to find a pair. But thankfully I have both stored away, not sure when i'll break them in but definitely plan to.

Paulo arent you from the UK? You're now living/working in Shibuya? I was staying at the bottom of Ginza in Shinbashi. Spent a day or 2 in Shibuya, was pretty cool. Also as far as slim cuts I tried on the 2000T (tapered), not sure when that model was released but its pretty slim. Didnt try on the 2005's so couldnt compare. For me I dont want my Evisu's slim so I just stayed with the 2000's.

I think they are the two best pairs that Evisu International ever produced, to be honest. I'm very, very happy to have both in my life again haha. Think I'm gonna get the Lot 0200 Leepros altered to fit better too and then I'm all set for next year

45 minutes ago, devilva said:

CTB it was a toss up between Shanghai and Tokyo. My wife is from Shanghai and it was going to be a 'meet the parents' trip but cant remember if I threw up Tokyo or she did but happy either way. Next year may have to nut up and go meet the new family.

Also I remember that photo of when you were a teenager doing that sort of karate stance in China. That would have been interesting times for you. Its good to experience different cultures.

I've not been to Shanghai, although I would like to see it. I lived in Tianjin back in the day so close to Beijing too. And yeah that photo was at the Shaolin Monastery haha, it was starting to become a tourist trap back then and apparently it's a lot  worse now...

On 9/22/2017 at 9:45 AM, DenimMayCry said:

It depends on where they measure the thigh, which Is why I took 2 measurements. They are not too baggy, I was able to try on a pair that were already washed so I had an Idea how to size. After washing and painting these were an expensive pair so I was not taking any chances.

Maybe consider the 15oz slim cut. Alternatively, If you want a good pair of 17oz denim then look at The Strike Gold. I have the SG3109 and Its one of my favourite pairs of jeans. They have quite a few different models In slim to very slim cuts. My advice, don't buy the Evisu If you are unsure, I buy nearly all of my jeans In Japan so I get to try them first. Don't make an expensive mistake.

What size so you wear in the strike gold 3109? I have a size 36 3105... Do you have a fit pic of your 17oz evisu?

On 10/15/2017 at 3:32 AM, CrashTestBrummie said:

Missed my old Lazy S jeans so went on a hunt for a pair. Ended up finding two pairs, one in the 0005 fit that they did for the European market and one in the 0200 fit that was sold in the States. 

The 0005 jeans were mine for the fine sum of one single American dollar! These are a 30 waist but the 0005 model is vanity sized. 

No pics yet of the 0200 model but they're large in the waist for me and a much looser cut overall. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. 

20171014_120726.jpg

20171014_203626.jpg

damn i haven't posted on superfuture in years, but good to see you're still repping evisu hard CTB! those lee-pros look fantastic man! cheers!

On 28/10/2017 at 6:30 AM, 1fookntitefd said:

What size so you wear in the strike gold 3109? I have a size 36 3105... Do you have a fit pic of your 17oz evisu?

I really should check on here more often...Its just that I have other hobbies that distract me.

My SG are size 31 but Its best to be cautious with some of the models, I tried on a pair of the really slubby denim (can't remember the model no) In Jeans Street and they were tight as hell, I was In a rush so I left It but I would have maybe needed a 33. My 3109 fit great In 31, will try dig out a fit pick and take one of the 17oz when I get chance.

Also, I met the director of SG when I happened to be wearing my 3109 once, we took pictures together. He does not speak English but his assistant did, nice guy though, really genuine and friendly!

On 10/15/2017 at 3:32 AM, CrashTestBrummie said:

dont log in for almost a year and i missed a lot.

i didnt realize there were multiple lazy S models. size 30 is my size if you ever decide to sell the 0005. i have a pair of the 2101's but had no idea there were other cuts. what size are your 0200. cant wait for the pics

also one other question and the reason i logged in

are the no.2 denim running size wise like no.1 denim? i have a 32 in no.1 lot 2000 so would i need the same size for no.2 denim? dont know how the denim is different between the two

2 hours ago, chantheman said:

also one other question and the reason i logged in

are the no.2 denim running size wise like no.1 denim? i have a 32 in no.1 lot 2000 so would i need the same size for no.2 denim? dont know how the denim is different between the two

size 2 down on the #2 baby

On 11/16/2017 at 4:58 PM, devilva said:

I'm a 30 and always go for 32 in No.1 and 30 in No.2.

Chan I remember you bought a pair of 2101s off me a few years back but think you passed them on to someone else.

Yea I stupidly sold them off years ago. I did end up finding another pair that I own but they will take a while to break in