Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Some recent finds. Nice variety of tabs. The Evis jeans were a random £20 pick up from ebay and I only realised they were Evis when they arrived. 

The two Evisu 2001 jeans are No.1 and originally a 36 waist and the Evis 2504s are No.2 denim in a 34 waist. This might have been something that was obvious to anyone else on here, but I was surprised to find out that the measurements for the No.2 denim was the same for the shrunk No.1 denim - so a 34 in No.2 is the same size as what you would expect a 36 in No.2 to shrink to. 

Am I just being thick in only just noticing this? I've always assumed that any cut in No.2 would be a looser cut but it seems that it *should* size to the same dimensions as if you'd bought the correct size in No.1 and shrunk it. I've never compared them side by side like that so maybe that's why it's only just occurred to me. 

Anyway... The first pair is on ebay for sale, I'm getting the Evis pair tapered slightly and the pair with the white gulls will be held in reserve! 

20170701_143436.jpg

20170701_143444.jpg

20170701_143447.jpg

20170701_143450.jpg

20170701_143454.jpg

20170701_143500.jpg

20170701_134911.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1fookntitefd said:

That's a good fit. Is that the 14.5oz denim and how did you size?

Thank you! Yes, it's the 14.5 oz. I bought a one-wash pair in-store which simplified things...I'm a 32" waist and these are a size 36 (!).

Holy shit you had to size up 4!?

A pair of No. 1's have always been on my "must have list" of jeans. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make the sizing work because it's all over the place. I tried a pair of one wash 38's at the Tokyo Store but the 2000 was way too baggy for my taste. I was eyeing a pair of No.2 denim in the 2105 fit from Denimio or a No.1 in 17oz which looks slimmer though but am hesitant to pull the trigger ...

Haha, yeah, I'd heard you needed to go up a few sizes but it's still jarring to actually pull on something tagged that much bigger than you're used to. The 35 I tried on just wasn't quiiite right, even though it was buttonable...I felt pinched in the seat and didn't like how it looked on me in the mirror. With a couple weeks of wear that might have sorted itself out, but the 36 were nicer all around from the second I pulled them on and the lady at the store thought they were a better fit too. I wasn't gonna argue with the expert. :P

At this point they've stretched enough that they sag just a smidgen and I didn't have to go through break-in hell, so I think it worked okay!

• 2 weeks later...

shameless sale post 

Next is a pair of Evisu 2000 No.1 

20170729_190111_zpsvxcorntv.jpg

20170729_190141_zpsqxmpolaz.jpg

Tag size 31x32 , measurements are as follows 

Waist   15.5 
F rise   11
B rise   14
Thigh   11.75
Length   32 
Hem   7.5 

Price is $110 plus shipping

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share some Information, Hopefully It may help someone.

Evisu now have a slim cut In 15oz, the selvedge Is all white. I saw them In person at the Umeda store a week ago but did not try them on.

3 hours ago, bod said:

2000T perhaps, its been out a while and there is a version that has been dyed using Natural Indigo, maybe its that one as the others have the usual red/tiger selvage.

Could be. I was preoccupied with acquiring the 17oz but the guy showing me them did mention that they were a slim cut and I checked the selvedge myself out of Interest and noticed that It was white.

Edited by DenimMayCry

1 hour ago, DenimMayCry said:

Could be. I was preoccupied with acquiring the 17oz but the guy showing me them did mention that they were a slim cut and I checked the selvedge myself out of Interest and noticed that It was white.

Have you done a shrink test on the 17oz? If so, can you post pre and post soak measurements? The evisu.jp website says that this denim shrinks 3 inches on the waist and much more in the inseam so curious how accurate that is...

6 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Have you done a shrink test on the 17oz? If so, can you post pre and post soak measurements? The evisu.jp website says that this denim shrinks 3 inches on the waist and much more in the inseam so curious how accurate that is...

When I get chance I will post details, I can't do pre measurements because the jeans were laundered by the store In preparation for my custom painted Kamomes. I went for a tagged 34 and they have actually shrunk to around a 30!

Will do some acurate measurements soon and let you know.

1 hour ago, DenimMayCry said:

When I get chance I will post details, I can't do pre measurements because the jeans were laundered by the store In preparation for my custom painted Kamomes. I went for a tagged 34 and they have actually shrunk to around a 30!

Will do some acurate measurements soon and let you know.

Thanks. I've been eyeing the 17oz No.1 2000 for a while now because the measurements on Denimio suggests that it has a slimmer overall profile than the 14.5oz version. However, the sizing looks tricky...I'm usually a size 36, but based on the measurements on the Evisu.jp website and Denimio, I may need to get a size 40 to account for shrinkage (unless their measurements are wrong).

OK, I finally had time to measure my 17oz Lot 2000.

They are tagged 34x32. As previously stated the store washed them before painting so I have no Information about the pre-measurements. I was accurate with my measurements, I checked everything twice and the jeans are still unworn apart from trying them on. I also measured the thigh In 2 seperate locations to give a better Idea of the fit.

WAIST (measured flat along the back with natural dip at the front). 29.5"    YIKES!!!

FRONT RISE 10.5"

BACK RISE 13.5"

THIGH (measured directly below crotch seam) 12.75"

THIGH (measured 2" below crotch seam) 12"

KNEE (measured 13" down from crotch seam) 9.25"

HEM 7.75"

INSIDE LEG 31"

So there It Is, the waist shrank a lot. I've tried them on again and overall they fit well, the waist Is tight but once It stretches I will be happy. I'm probably going to wash them again then begin wearing them In around 2 weeks time. Give my current Petero a break.

Edited by DenimMayCry
Spelling mistake

7 minutes ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Wow, the denimio measurements show the waist at 33.5 raw and thigh at 12.2 inches. Either those measurements are way off or there is some serious sizing inconsistencies...Either way, this looks like a baggy fit...

It depends on where they measure the thigh, which Is why I took 2 measurements. They are not too baggy, I was able to try on a pair that were already washed so I had an Idea how to size. After washing and painting these were an expensive pair so I was not taking any chances.

Maybe consider the 15oz slim cut. Alternatively, If you want a good pair of 17oz denim then look at The Strike Gold. I have the SG3109 and Its one of my favourite pairs of jeans. They have quite a few different models In slim to very slim cuts. My advice, don't buy the Evisu If you are unsure, I buy nearly all of my jeans In Japan so I get to try them first. Don't make an expensive mistake.