Evisu is still loved!

benzak

These are the MiJ jeans I won on ebay a few months ago for £1. No patch on the back, but the original fit suggested 2001 but the dimensions were slightly off - like the proportions weren't quite matched up. 

I've got a pretty good local tailor and we took a reconstructive approach, slimming down the legs a bit, and bringing the seat of the jeans in whilst still keeping the daicock joined up when the work was finished. 

I'm pretty happy with the end product, see what you guys think. Excuse the changing room pics! 

20170417_192212.jpg

20170417_192103.jpg

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

Wearing my Evisu lot 2000 no. 1's out for the 4th time and I'm still getting used to them.  In some pics they look good, but in others just look sloppy (1st & 3rd pics look sloppy, 2nd pic looks fine).  I think I could have sized down one, but I'm not sure sizing down 1 would fix my worries.  For you guys with the fuller cuts, is that what they look like at odd angles or is the cut too big or not right for me?  

IMG_9007.JPG

IMG_9008.JPG

IMG_9009.JPG

^ I think that is how the 2000's are supposed to fit. If you are looking for a full straight cut, I would say it looks fine. According to the measurements on Denimio's website and also Evisu.jp, the 14.5oz are pretty baggy. The 17 oz 2000 seem a lot slimmer though...

You maybe could size down one, but that's sort of how my 2000s fit on me too. Despite feeling similarly lukewarm about them at first, I've grown to really like the fit. No.1 denim will continue to shrink for a couple more washes too, at least in my experience.

Edited by chicote

^^ Agreed, I think when you've been used to tight straight or tight tapered fits, the 2000s are going to feel loose but in reality they are like a regular/relaxed straight, with the 2001s being a true loose fit. You'll find they will shrink a little more and the more you break them in the better the denim settles. Enjoy the looser fits- I personally feel the tight straight/tight tapered has been done to death. Embrace the true repro cuts B)

4 hours ago, kevypf597 said:

@goodrain  I can't say I dig the back pocket decorations but this is the first time I've seen a jean cut off look good on someone. Usually it's a pair of super tapered jeans that end up way too tight at the knee and just don't look right. This fit looks perfect for you. Great job. 

To be honest, that's the mainstream fashion with denim shorts, tight fitting and length ending just above the knee.

But yea I agree, that jean cut off looks good. I think evisu back pocket decals suit shorts better than jeans

Finally got my god damn shorts! I was really worried that they wouldnt be fitted enough, but they are perfect. Can't wait to wear them in the summer. Plus they came with a neat bag.

I ordered direct from Evisu japan via a proxy.

IMG_20170426_192644.jpg
IMG_20170426_192654.jpg
IMG_20170426_193033.jpg
IMG_20170426_193042.jpg

23 hours ago, goodrain said:

Sweet looking shorts and bag! Fit pics?

IMG_20170427_192511.jpg
IMG_20170427_192547.jpg

Think I will single cuff them. Double cuffing until selvedge shows makes them bit short and doesn't look too good

Edited by Niro

On 13/04/2017 at 6:50 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

Can anyone help? I really want a pair of No. 1 specials in my life but am concerned about buying a pair that I am unable to try on, especially for a brand with so much shrinkage. Are the Denimio measurements generally accurate? The Evisu website says that the 17 oz denim shrinks 8cm in the waist and 10 cm in the inseam, that's over 3 inches! Is that really possible? I normally wear size 36 but it looks like I may have to get a size 40 to account for over 3 inches of shrinkage for this model?

Its a late reply but I don't come on here often.

Staff will tell you to size up 2 for those 17oz Tiger jeans, I tried to get the right size last year In both Tokyo and Osaka but the stock was low for those In the 3 stores that I visited. As already stated sizing up 2 then allowing for a little stretch should be fine. I ended up buying the Petero denim which I love but I'm going to look for the 17oz tiger again this year when I return.

2 sizes should be fine, 4 sizes would be way excessive In my opinion. Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, DenimMayCry said:

Its a late reply but I don't come on here often.

Staff will tell you to size up 2 for those 17oz Tiger jeans, I tried to get the right size last year In both Tokyo and Osaka but the stock was low for those In the 3 stores that I visited. As already stated sizing up 2 then allowing for a little stretch should be fine. I ended up buying the Petero denim which I love but I'm going to look for the 17oz tiger again this year when I return.

2 sizes should be fine, 4 sizes would be way excessive In my opinion. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Does anyone here have experience with the 17 oz denim? I tried the 14.5 oz denim and they were way too baggy. The measurements on the 17 oz suggest a much better fit.

12 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Thanks. Does anyone here have experience with the 17 oz denim? I tried the 14.5 oz denim and they were way too baggy. The measurements on the 17 oz suggest a much better fit.

From memory they are not too baggy, I actually prefer a slimmer fit on my jeans. I tried on a 31 and It was a decent fit on the thighs but the waist was a little too small, allowing for shrinkage I would have liked a 34 with stretch factored In. Normally I buy a 31 In most brands and factor In stretch but the waist on these appears to be smaller than tag on some sizes. That's Evisu though, I really wish they would offer a slimmer leg cut on certain models.

I understand why you are apprehensive, they are not exactly a cheap pair of jeans so you want them right. I won't be back there until a few months from now but I'm hoping to get some. At this price though I won't buy them unless I'm happy enough with the fit and the waist Is a concern, I don't think that these will stretch too much In the waistband so I probably won't risk a 33.

4 hours ago, DenimMayCry said:

17 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

I doubt the 17oz will be any slimmer than the 14.5oz. If you want a slimmer fitting/more modern cut evisu go for the 2005 or the 2000T

9 hours ago, bod said:

The measurements taken from the Evisu.jp online store suggests that the 17oz denim is slimmer than the standard 14.5 oz denim for the 2000 fit:

14.5oz:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/000000006292/004/004/X/page1/order/

17oz:

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/000000006228/004/004/X/page1/order/

It also says that the 17oz denim shrinks 8cm in the waist and 10cm in the inseam whereas the 14.5oz shrinks 5 cm on the waist and 9 cm on the inseam...

Scored a pair of No.1 2017 Private Stock jeans today in London, at the Evisu store. They were on sale for less than half price, and I had to have them. Evisu used the term "carrot" for this slim tapered cut, and it's warranted. These taper aggressively to the hem. I'll post photos after I have them hemmed tomorrow. Also, if anyone is local to the store they had at least one or two other pairs of No. 1 jeans on sale; including one slim straight with a cinch back.

So a couple weeks into wearing my 2000 no.1 and I'm loving the fit now.  So much so that all my slim straight/tapered jeans now feel like skinny jeans.  Now I'm researching fuller cuts for my next pair, but that will be a whiles off.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying the cut and especially the denim of these no.1 Evisus.  Took a picture that actually shows how hairy these guys are!

IMG_9148.JPG

I visited the Evisu shop in Ebisu when i was over there and that place was full of surprises, especially the denim. They sold a lot of strange stuff that surprised me golfing clothing/accessories, fishing lures, and fine suiting. I didn't really know too much about Evisu before but their denim was super nice I would've considered buying if i hadn't already bought a pair of Fullcounts.

1vdHxLh.jpg

rCRttCn.jpg

3Q6aGY1.jpg

is there an easy way to post imgur albums to be viewable on forum?