Evisu is still loved!

benzak

shameless sale bump 

( since when did sufu start charging a % fee to sell an item ?? )

20170403_204737_zpsr6xrgisc.jpg

evisu 2000 no.1 ( plain pocket ) size 31 

tagged 31 
waist 15.5
thigh 11.75
f rise 10.5 
b rise just over 14
inseam 32.25

£75 plus shipping ( send me a pm if your interested 

Ed did you end up getting those size 38 2000 or 2001s? Can't remember which model you were after. Measurements would be nice. Need a pair of Evisu for the collection at some point down the road.

Edited by Broark

@Frost worn them at the weekendweekendsr about 5 months ( so not all that much actual wear time ) . They were hot washed twice at the start and soaked a while back bit this measurement is after some wear and would shrink back to about 31/30.5 and stretch back to these measurements 

13 hours ago, Broark said:

Ed did you end up getting those size 38 2000 or 2001s? Can't remember which model you were after. Measurements would be nice. Need a pair of Evisu for the collection at some point down the road.

Got a 38 2001 no1. And a 36 2001 no2 when they arrive ill update here thX!

Finally have time to post some pictures of my new Evisu 2000, no. 1 redline.

I'm usually a fan of slim straight or slim tapered cuts, but Evisu 2000's have been on my wishlist for a while (1st pair into trying to complete the Osaka 5).  So when a great deal came up on a new pair (thanks @HAZARDkid!!!), I quickly grabbed them.

When I first received them, they were huge on me, but I know how famous the redline no.1 denim shrinks, so I was optimistic that they would shrink up to the right size.

Pre-soak pics:

EVISU_pre_zpsngloidgm.jpg

I did a soak in the hottest water my tub put out, hung dried until damp, then put them in the washer for a hot wash (no spin cycle), then tossed them in the dryer.  After they were dry, I got them wet again and tossed them in the dryer one more time just to ensure all shrinkage was done.  I'm pretty sure they won't shrink any more (correct me if I'm wrong).  But here's the post-shrinkage fit:

EVISU_post_zpsod8oaaiz.jpg

The waist/hip area is snug (not tight), and I feel like they'll stretch to the perfect size.  Like I said, I'm used to wearing slim straight and slim tapered cuts, so the extra room in the thigh is weird right now (look at the rear picture and all the extra denim causing the fold at the back of my thighs).  They're super comfortable and the denim is amazing, and I know that it's good to have different cuts in your rotation.  Let me hear your guys' opinion on the post-soak fit.   

Thanks everyone!

These are a tagged size 36w.  I usually take 33w jeans and stretch them to a 34w true waist. So I sized up 2 from my true waist.  These were also hemmed to 32.5" by the original owner.

here are measurements I took in inches (BIG style):

Pre-soak:

Waist - 17.75
FR - 11.5
RR - 14.75
Thigh - 13.5
Knee - 10.375
Inseam - 32.5
Hem - 8.875

Post-soak

Waist - 16.5
FR - 10.375
RR - 13.75
Thigh - 13
Knee - 9.5
Inseam - 29
Hem - 8.25

^I'd be a bit suspicious- the rivet backs don't all match, and on the back pockets they're branded Levi's, the red tab quality doesn't look quite right (and wouldn't there be a gap where the Levi's L would have been?), the leather patch quality is a bit thick for this era, the inside tag sizing should be a stamp not printed, the waistband chainstitch should run all the way to the ends, the cinch buckle doesn't look right to me (I think Evis would always have had a pin buckle not a slide?). And more minor, but I don't recognise the fly bartack arrangement. 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

Anyone have experience with the 17oz no.1's?

https://www.denimio.com/evisu-2000-no-1-17ozstraight-fit-denim-egd2000n1017.html

denimio's measurements show that this is slimmer than the standard 14.5oz no.1s...

Can anyone help? I really want a pair of No. 1 specials in my life but am concerned about buying a pair that I am unable to try on, especially for a brand with so much shrinkage. Are the Denimio measurements generally accurate? The Evisu website says that the 17 oz denim shrinks 8cm in the waist and 10 cm in the inseam, that's over 3 inches! Is that really possible? I normally wear size 36 but it looks like I may have to get a size 40 to account for over 3 inches of shrinkage for this model?

3 hours ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Can anyone help? I really want a pair of No. 1 specials in my life but am concerned about buying a pair that I am unable to try on, especially for a brand with so much shrinkage. Are the Denimio measurements generally accurate? The Evisu website says that the 17 oz denim shrinks 8cm in the waist and 10 cm in the inseam, that's over 3 inches! Is that really possible? I normally wear size 36 but it looks like I may have to get a size 40 to account for over 3 inches of shrinkage for this model?

General rule for No.1 is size up 2 so if you're a 36 then go for a 38 tag and they will shrink to a 36, maybe a 35 but will stretch back out. The only size inconsistency I had was with No.2 denim which was a 30 inch waist on a tagged 32. 

12 hours ago, Niro said:

Never trust Denimio measurements on their site

They were very fast in getting back to me with confirmation when I asked. They rely on the manufacturer's measurements as far as I can tell, the 2000s I bought were sent straight from Evisu themselves so Denimio acted more like a broker or proxy. Don't know if that's their business model per se as I've only used them once. 

The measurements for my 2000s were accurate anyway. And they have a good returns policy.