Evisu is still loved!

benzak

6 hours ago, SUshiMOnster180 said:

Picked up my first pair of Evisu jeans from the Umeda store in Osaka, Japan. 

The store was awesome! So much beautiful denim.

Jean Info.

No. 1 Special (GATAGATA)

#2000T

A shot of the store and my first wear. Let me know what you think.

IMG_1905.JPG

IMG_2015.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

Looks too tight 

5 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The inseam ended at 32"?

I also think the fit looks very good especially the length is great. And you are still able to do a mini cuff.

It's about that - I'll check when I'm back home in a bit. I think it will drop a little lower than in the pics above once the starchiness has gone.

They're a much more comfortable fit than my previous pair, still tight across the lap though but not in a bad way. I should be getting my hands on that second-hand pair of 2001s bought from Rakuten later on today or tomorrow so will be no.1 heaven after so long without the stuff!

2 hours ago, CrashTestBrummie said:

It's about that - I'll check when I'm back home in a bit. I think it will drop a little lower than in the pics above once the starchiness has gone.

They're a much more comfortable fit than my previous pair, still tight across the lap though but not in a bad way. I should be getting my hands on that second-hand pair of 2001s bought from Rakuten later on today or tomorrow so will be no.1 heaven after so long without the stuff!

Looking forward to seeing some fit pics of the No.1 2001s Crash, as well as more of your new 2000s. I've started wearing some of my Evis 2001s recently as a 'comfy' pair as I pretty much wear Fullcounts all the time at mo, but the temptation to get some new No.1s is getting much stronger now. I wear them high water style anyway so inseam will probably naturally work for me!

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

The inseam ended at 32"?

I also think the fit looks very good especially the length is great. And you are still able to do a mini cuff.

The inseam is just over 32" by a fraction. That was after 20 mins sitting the bath at the warmest temperature I could be comfortable in.

13 minutes ago, EdwardBear said:

Looking forward to seeing some fit pics of the No.1 2001s Crash, as well as more of your new 2000s. I've started wearing some of my Evis 2001s recently as a 'comfy' pair as I pretty much wear Fullcounts all the time at mo, but the temptation to get some new No.1s is getting much stronger now. I wear them high water style anyway so inseam will probably naturally work for me!

2001 used to be my favourite cut but my preference is for slimmer these days which is why I went for a second-hand pair to save some cash if I didn't like the fit any more - plus I've got these 2000s and those Evis carpenter pants to wear from raw now anyway...

On 22/05/2005 at 2:39 PM, Jon said:

Over here in the Uk, Evisu has been killed for ages. The evisu gull is nearly on the same level as the Burberry Nova check, and its about as fashionable as wearing socks with sandles.

Yeah italian designed evisu are pony....PROPER japanese evisu no.2 deinim with a thin painted arc are top notch

26 minutes ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Tag 36 but size 32 waist? Wtf???

Evisu JP for ya and probably why you don't see many fit pics on here, shit gets bought, doesn't fit and gets flipped, usually back to the far east ;)

22 minutes ago, paulm said:

Yeah italian designed evisu are pony....PROPER japanese evisu no.2 deinim with a thin painted arc are top notch

Jeez thats an old post to dredge up and quote :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, bod said:

Evisu JP for ya and probably why you don't see many fit pics on here, shit gets bought, doesn't fit and gets flipped, usually back to the far east ;)

You're speaking from experience there, ent ya? I've been pretty lucky with the stuff that I've picked up over the years.

I'm going to let those 2001s go though, so if anyone is interested then get in touch as they are going on eBay tomorrow. 

On 3/17/2017 at 4:52 AM, CrashTestBrummie said:

Still 2000s but better pics now they've dried out lol. Very happy. 

20170317_114952.jpg

20170317_114916.jpg

This is the 2000 right? Do you happen to have pre and post soak measurements? How did you size relative to your other jeans?

7 minutes ago, 1fookntitefd said:

This is the 2000 right? Do you happen to have pre and post soak measurements? How did you size relative to your other jeans?

Yeah, 2000 and the pre soak measurements on denimio were accurate - I've linked them in a post above. Post soak you're looking at a 32 inseam and and actual (flat waist of 35 now it's stretched out a bit from regular wear.

But... don't put too much stock in these measurements because:

- I wore them during the soak so the waist remained pretty much the same as presoak

- I only soaked them for 20ish minutes so the inseam length is probably longer than it would be if you soak for longer.

Also worth bearing in mind that in my limited experience from breaking in two pairs of No.1s, the inseam length often doesn't reach its final length until after a few washes, hence my saying that these will only be cold washed from now on as the inseam is just perfect for my taste now.

Choosing the 35 presoak size was just an educated guess - I've not bought a brand new pair of jeans for ages. At least it's easy to return with Denimio. 

On 3/18/2017 at 9:47 AM, CrashTestBrummie said:

These are the 2001s that landed yesterday. Tagged 36, they are now a 32 waist and inseam is just under 34. Not sure yet if I'm keeping these as I have enough denim for now. Nice pair though.

20170318_093420.jpg

20170318_093446.jpg

20170318_093424.jpg

20170318_093502.jpg

20170318_093427.jpg

20170318_093446.jpg

20170318_093502.jpg

Those look nice Crash- are the gulls Osaka purple or Tokyo blue? If you don't want to keep them, keep me posted...

Pictures of my no3 2008 that I purchased back on 2012. I have not worn them that much. Nothing special about these made in China jeans that are purchased from Evisu international. I liked them back in the day, that if until I discovered self edge and bought my first pair of iron heart jeans. However, they actually fit me better than the no. 1 special that i tried in tokyo. Maybe I will get around to wearing them one day...

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG