Evisu is still loved!

benzak

yeah seen a couple or three pairs like that recently tbh. not good.

fit pic of the 2513s - had the hem taken in by an inch today. might get an inch taken off the length too but don't think they look too bad with a heavy cuff tbf

20160815_175950_zpsehyrswai.jpg

the only evis(u) i've worn for ages are the green cast mizuhikii jeans that are now on the verge of falling apart. gonna start giving these and the natural indigo 2504XXs some wear now when i'm feeling a looser fit i think...

I wonder what's the point of taking out the yoke in that design? Perhaps to make the pouch sit up a bit higher, but I feel like it's sewn in low enough that you'd sit on it in either scenario... Elliot, I know they are fakes, but could you post some pictures anyway when you get them?

looks like they're a copy of a Yamane copy of USMC monkey pants. Here's an original:

c122307.jpg

1362808487559_imgBig.png

military pants like these are usually cut pretty straight, and any shape taken out by a yoke would be messed up by the pocket, so I'd guess that's why the originals don't have a yoke (plus they're not jeans, so generally wouldn't have one anyway). I assume the (fake) Evis ones are a mashup anyway, but putting the pocket on a yoke would be trickier with an (unnecessary) yoke.

Elliot, seconded, I'd love to see photos!

----

edit, now I've started looking around... here's a Cabourn version:

28763079910_2d61ec647d_c.jpg

Edited by rodeo bill

Ah, thanks William! I hadn't realized the exact usefulness/historical significance of a yoke, thought it was just to make room in the seat.

In regards to the monkey pants, TCB's made a copy, as well, though they've called them "crawling pants":

20141219-DSC_2992.jpg

It's always good to see William still watching and contributing to this thread with his previous Evisu knowledge and history (and some lovely original Evis/Evisu pics).

Only this week I decided to take a break from my Fullcount obsession and bust out a pair of deadstock very early Evisu (little e on the red tab) 2004 cinchback which I'm sure William has an old pair or two of!

Thanks, yeah the denim is great. I'm really pleased to rediscover them. Going to start wearing them again.

nice one for the pics...you know a fit pic is the next request, don't ya!

really feeling mine already, there's something about the older No 2 denim. the paint is flaking on the daicock already. gonna get a red tab put on there very soon...

Nice find CTB you always find the mega deals on ebay! 

erm...what about these, for the princely sum of ninety-nine pennies sterling?

seem to have daicocks flying at me from all directions. there's no patch (nor sign of a patch, weirdly) but, if it wasn't for the broad silhouette, i would swear these were actually no.1 denim from the feel.

gonna get them slimmed down a bit by a local tailor and probably rock these too, fuck it. a 9" hem is a little too much for my taste - plus the legs kinda swamp mine, and I'm far from skinny

i'll get the fit pic of the jacket up at the same time as i manage to get one of these

DSC_0014_zpsq7w8gwf6.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsx5mi0ece.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsfbxcda9n.jpgDSC_0016_zps3tgelsxz.jpg

DSC_0017_zpsuovygz7e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm heading to Tokyo next month and making it my mission to pick up a pair of Evisu No.1 specials. Can someone give me a run down on the various fits and how I should be sizing? I am looking for a slim straight or slim tapered cut - something similar to ironheart 666 or flathead 3002...

I really love the 2000 fit which I think is a 60s cut. They shrink from tag, my pair is a size 34 and after the first wash the waist measured 31.5. They stretched out really quick to around pre soak. Not much help maybe but I really love my pair!

DSC_0419_zpswdfys5sd.jpg old picture on the fit

Just picked these up at a thrift store. Wondering if anyone has any info on these. I haven't seen many Evisu with the seagull upside down. Thanks

IMG_7981.jpg

nice! I don't think many of those were made at all- they might even be a sample, actually. They were a nod to Wrangler jackets. Hence the embroidered rivets (which were really difficult to produce through all the thicknesses of denim) and upside down (W...) seagull. They were pretty nice denim, too- they should fade in well. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just pulled my 2000s out of the dryer after not wearing them much for a couple of months...

image.jpg

got damn!!

YES! I'm gonna bring out my 2001's as a salute.

Edit: Quoting the pic so it doesn't get lost on an old page.

Edited by Bobbo