Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I just came across an old pair of no.1 2001 in my closet and damn! I miss the quality of those jeans. It's a shame they are too large for me. I would like to order a pair of no.1 2000 but they have an inseam of 34-35 inches before washing and I need at least 34 after washing. Evisu if you are reading this stop discriminating against tall folk!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a pair of Evisu jeans this year, just not sure on what pair yet.

I can manage the shorter inseam since my legs are fairly short for how tall I am.

Thinking 2000 or 2001, no. 1 denim and either either tiger or red selvedge.

^After wash they shrink down to around 32-32.5 and after a couple of days they stretch to 33.5 (size 34). They have had 4 washes in 7 months of daily wear.

Quite some stretch! didn't you say they went to 31.2" when you first washed them to shrink.  Hows the inseam and leg opening, any smaller?

Faded white gulls look so damn good.

I'm going to Tokyo/Osaka in April and am now thinking of swinging about either store and grabbing a pair and getting the gulls painted. Anyone know the general turn around time?

Also, it kind of sucks but the 2000 fit is scaled weirdly in bigger sizes. Like a sz 36 to 38 has the same rise (and even 40 is hardly bigger at all) but everything else is so much bigger. Can't figure out what size to get. Does the denim still shrink a lot even if cold washed and hang dried? 

^^ they can usually paint the gulls in an hour unless there's a big rush on the shop

Tokyo might be busy, Osaka less so but is still well-trafficked

Sapporo is nice and leisurely

Look for the door near the back that says Yamane in Japanese; that's where he sleeps when he goes to visit his stores.

^^ they can usually paint the gulls in an hour unless there's a big rush on the shop

Tokyo might be busy, Osaka less so but is still well-trafficked

Sapporo is nice and leisurely

Look for the door near the back that says Yamane in Japanese; that's where he sleeps when he goes to visit his stores.

Thanks! I'll probably swing by the Osaka store and keep it simple and get white gulls. Now to figure out the sizing...

Keep in mind that the sizing differs between the runs. I think Planetarium recently wrote about how the current 2001 was sized.

Yeah, I was reading a bit back in the thread and saw a bit of the differences in runs. Thanks for the heads up!

^^ I did and it's totally wacky. Next time I'm gonna hit Evisu the Tokyo for the best chance at a good fit.

After comparing them in person I will say that if you can't get No. 1 denim, don't bother. The No. 2 isn't bad denim, but it's just not interesting by comparison.

Yeah, I am definitely aiming for no.1 denim. Nothing less! 

• 2 weeks later...

What the fuck? Does anyone know why? Especially considering that they had approximately five million Evisu models added over the last couple of months.

EDIT: I can still access the products over different tabs, it's just not listed under the brands anymore.

Edited by Frost

So weird. The didn't get Strike Gold, then there were rumors of Full Count leaving (which hasn't happened), I also heard that they considered stopping carrying TFH but then decided not to, and now Evisu gone. Would really love a look behind the scenes to know what's going on.

Strange development, I did send them an email awhile back asking if I could order a pair with no arcs and they said they couldn't.

I'm still planning on getting a pair of Evisu jeans at some point, I'll just proxy a pair.

Thinking No. 1 denim, tiger selvedge and undecided between the 2000/2001.  :ph34r:

Yeah I noticed this a few weeks ago, changing the site language to japaneses unblocks them from the brand menu.

Don't Denimio prices track exchange rates? so prices are changing on the fly like cultizm for example

Don't Denimio prices track exchange rates? so prices are changing on the fly like cultizm for example

Yeah they do, I noticed a while ago because while I thought about getting the Samurai x Denimio 710 the price kept increasing by 2€ per day while I thought about pulling the trigger :D

Usually we always annoucne when Denimio starts to offer a new brand.

I thought this time let's do it the other way around and annoucne when they stop carrying a brand :D

They stopped carrying Evisu (thanks to flash for pointing that out to me)

What the fuck? Does anyone know why? Especially considering that they had approximately five million Evisu models added over the last couple of months.

EDIT: I can still access the products over different tabs, it's just not listed under the brands anymore.

I ordered a pair of 2000 No 1 recently without issue.  If you go to the search box and look for Evisu, all the products are still there.