Evisu is still loved!

benzak

true , hopefully they increase the inseam legnth ( its great for me , no need to hem :) but cant see the point in it being that short )

yeah, your pair fits you perfect

I am pleased denimio stock Evisu jp. As far as I know it's the only place that do with an English web site for overseas customers.

Big used to s few years ago I remember.

Those look really interesting. Sounds like they're fairly limited too. I personally also like the look of the 17oz no.1s they're doing too.

I think denimio is full of little mistakes, those Gata Gata No.1's are certainly raw and suppose to shrink a ton, Evisu JP quotes 9cm for waist and inseam.  Its a ball ache buying Evisu online as from experience the waist sizes are inconsistent. It would be fucking ace to be able to walk into one of their stores and try on a pair of that have been washed before buying a raw pair :)

haha, yes!

but it always works out fine to shout Peter @Denimio to measure the real waists for the sizes you care about.

that is what he did for me with Evisu and Denime right now!

Hogg - Evisu in London do not carry any made in Japan. Think I have possibly seen lot2000 in there before but as said not actually mij. If they did I swear I would fucking live there. That said they always acknowledge my Evisu mij when I visit.

Even if they did carry japan denims it would suck as I assume the red tab would come off. Red tab is everything imo.

Edited by dant87

Been rocking a pair of 2011 for a while. They were labeled as "tiger selvedge" on the evisu.jp site but comparing them to the pairs on denimio i think they might be gatagata denim. Very slubby and irregular, and also very soft after some wears and washes.

And another thing about this denim: it shrinks a lot and keeps shrinking for many washes! Stretches back nicely where needed (waist/thigh) though

Edited by blasterofair

Been rocking a pair of 2011 for a while. They were labeled as "tiger selvedge" on the evisu.jp site but comparing them to the pairs on denimio i think they might be gatagata denim. Very slubby and irregular, and also very soft after some wears and washes.

And another thing about this denim: it shrinks a lot and keeps shrinking for many washes! Stretches back nicely where needed (waist/thigh) though

I'd like to see a pic of these now, I sold these to you didn't I

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see a pic of these now, I sold these to you didn't I

Yes you did! I love the fit on them but the denim is almost too crazy for my taste haha. As a result they don't have that much wear yet. The denim gets really soft after a few wears so combs and sharp whiskers are not happening. 

In other evisu news I received a pair of 2001 I found on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131476616766?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

white/red selvage, no arcs no tabs, flat, quite thick purplish denim with a very beige weft. they fit very very roomy (which i like) but looked like they had never touched water so i put threw them in for a hot wash to get the shrinkage out. they seem to have shrunk a bit. didnt expect that since i thought this selvage meant cheaper fabric/sanforized.

ill try and post a group pic of my three pairs of evisu soonish, just need to get my hands on a legit camera. In addition to the 2011 and my new 2001 i have another pair of tiger selvage 2001s that i got for cheap on ebay a few years back. theyre pretty worn in now so theyre half retired.

i dont post here a lot but ive been on sufu for a long time. ive bought way too much japanese jeans over the years, and i realized that the only pairs i dont get sick of and give to friends or stuff in the back of my closet are evisu. sick denim, great quality/craftsmanship/durability, and what i think is most important, really good, modern fits. i feel no one does chilled out relaxed fits like evisu does/did. its either slim fits or super repro...thats why i keep my eyes on ebay.

shout out to cheep! his posts were really what put me on to this brand.

done with my rant, now back to my master's thesis. peace!