Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I don't know of this is a dumb question or not, but I figured it was worth asking.

Are there any Evisu models out there without the gulls?

I flipped through a good chunk of this thread and saw a few examples, mainly special one-offs.

The denim and details on Evisu jeans look very nice, and I want to complete my Osaka 5 collection at some point down the road. I just don't know if I can get with the gulls!

You can indeed get them without gulls, even on the website (ex: second field just beneath the size choice, "ペイントãªã—": http://shop.evisu.jp/shopdetail/000000005862/004/X/page1/recommend/).

The only time I'd want gulls personally, would be if Yamane himself was signing them (which one day Ed will help me achieve ;) )

Edited by aho

Thanks for the tip aho, I was not aware that you could get any model without the gulls.

I honestly don't know much about Evisu but all the progress pictures look awesome.

And I agree on the gulls, that's the only way I would rock a pair with them as well!

Depends on the denim they use, my last pair with red selvage line shrank 3.5" in the waist and inseam but stretched back out about 1.5", mine are 3 years old and so soft and baggy that I could fit a size down now (I sized up 3).

The tiger selvage denim looks to me like the same used on the Lot 2011 I had which shrank 2" in the waist and inseam but I could be wrong.

You want to size up 2 in general.

Shrink from tagged, definitely go up one at least

so there is no chance it would stretch back to tagsize if I go TTS?

or would I ruin the cut with it?

thanks anyway!!

Edited by Blue Nemo

:D

what is the rule for the No. 2 Denim? TTS or size down one?

sanforized denim that still shrinks 5% is something else I can't get my head around, though it utterly fascinates me....

by the way, is the tateoti book worth the purchase?

Edited by Blue Nemo

Blue Nemo - the tateoti book is definetly worth it if you like looking at tons of pictures of all the work evis/u cuts etc. I have the book myself and look through it once in a while to check out the different cuts/examples in there.

I'd love to get my no.0s painted by Yamane some day, that would be legendary. Other than that I don't think I'd have them painted by any one else!

http://j-clothing.com/SHOP/EVISUPHOTO.html

that is where i found it after Tilmann pointed me in that direction for the Lot 2000s in No. 2 Denim...

honestly, i need a pair too, to see what all the fuzz was about, and maybe still is.

just by reading the first dozen pages of this thread i get a depression  <_<

the No. 2 denim is my plan b if i don't get the No. 1s from denimio, but they clad themself in silence and my patience is a sucker...

meh  :D

I've always been under the impression that auction sites are the best places to find no1 denim nowadays. A few days ago, a beautiful new pair of tiger selvedge no.1 2000s went through yahoo auctions jp.. it was a relatively quiet auction (think it had 10 or 12 bids) yet still managed to get past 30000+ yen at closing. The necessities for getting a pair nowadays, then, are patience and money. Lots of used evisus float around but very occasionally this opportunity comes up.

I've always been under the impression that auction sites are the best places to find no1 denim nowadays. A few days ago, a beautiful new pair of tiger selvedge no.1 2000s went through yahoo auctions jp.. it was a relatively quiet auction (think it had 10 or 12 bids) yet still managed to get past 30000+ yen at closing. The necessities for getting a pair nowadays, then, are patience and money. Lots of used evisus float around but very occasionally this opportunity comes up.

thanks for that, but that would be another new area for me and i am not too fond about that  :ph34r:  especialy when the denims differ from run to run...

I've always had a soft spot for this brand as some of you will know. Does denimio have measurements up yet for the Evisu stuff they've got in? Would be interested to know the inseam length ofcourse...

ya, that is another thing. i could handle a 30'' inseam, but less would only look stupid. or i gotta become a sneaker head too, wear my NBs all day and even cuff the 29''inseams to get this distinctive look, ya know....?  :mellow:  :mellow:

ya, that is another thing. i could handle a 30'' inseam, but less would only look stupid. or i gotta become a sneaker head too, wear my NBs all day and even cuff the 29''inseams to get this distinctive look, ya know....? :mellow::mellow:

Lol pinroll a 29 inseam so you're wearing evisu capri jeans?! Haha!

Picked up an old pair of 0005 Euro No.4 denim off eBay for a fiver and am getting them altered so they have a sharp taper but retain the leg room that I need. Pics to follow once I have them back.

If it works well, I'm gonna have my 2504xx natural specials reshaped as I can't be doing with the shape of them at the moment.

should double check and measure my two pairs for how much inseam i really need... though i doubt that i am too big while i barely even scratch the 180cm.

Lol pinroll a 29 inseam so you're wearing evisu capri jeans?! Haha!

Picked up an old pair of 0005 Euro No.4 denim off eBay for a fiver and am getting them altered so they have a sharp taper but retain the leg room that I need. Pics to follow once I have them back.

If it works well, I'm gonna have my 2504xx natural specials reshaped as I can't be doing with the shape of them at the moment.

sounds kinda crazy! hope it works!!

i am too tall.... never said that before in my life, sounds like a joke. 31 or 32'' inseam, that is what works.

any advice?

if not, i will say 'fuck you evisu' till they make longer inseams. well, well, there are still four left of the osaka 5  B)

Should be fine...I've asked her to do the taper without cutting any fabric, so that the selvage is broadened as a result, if that makes sense. Like the customised 66 501s LVC released fairly recently.

i saw a customer ones had it tapered the same way.

then some other day i saw another customer who got a custom taper too, though they cut from the inside of the leg, so the selvedge part was spared.

i am too tall.... never said that before in my life, sounds like a joke. 31 or 32'' inseam, that is what works.

any advice?

if not, i will say 'fuck you evisu' till they make longer inseams. well, well, there are still four left of the osaka 5  B)

I'm also just barely 180 and say "fuck you Evisu" for now. Owning SDA, Warehouse and Denime I can safely say you have lots of other good denim with longer inseams (well, not Warehouse except few of the models) to enjoy while we wait for longer inseams by Evisu.