Evisu is still loved!

benzak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I recently bought a pair of 90's selvedge Evis jeans from ebay. The guy I bought then from said they came to him along with some other used designer clothes as his boss didn't wear them any more in the late 90's.

I've spent ages trying to trace the odd back pocket design but i'm having no luck...does anyone have any info on the model?

Any help would be great,

thanks

Dob

20140112_103035.jpg

20140112_103027.jpg

20140112_102832.jpg

20140112_103000.jpg

upside down and back to fron evis tab

20140112_102858.jpg

20140112_102934.jpg

doririn316-img450x600-1399541627spvnqf49

Sorry I'm a little late but they would be these. Though I've normally seen them without the guls.

http://evis.kwan-pjt.com/evis_uraevis_stetch.html

Edited by Paulo

• 5 weeks later...

Xposting from Warehouse thread:

Look what Santa left @the steps today__  patches oiled & just waiting waiting for them to dry from a double hot soak.

EW-0110:  Evisu X Warehouse X Yamane  ::  future-sized @W34

Yamane monster patch

WEYmonsterpatch.jpg

Collab double tabs

WEYx2tabs.jpg

Roundtacked coin pocket

WEYcp.jpg

Evisu loop patch

WEYloop2.jpg

WEYbpamppatches.jpg

warehouseXevisuXyamane.jpg

IMO dimensions are near repro w/ stronger taper from thigh vs knee-hem.

1001XX__ vs 0110 @post double hot soak :: both tagged W34 :: denim on WH is heavier vs ExWxY = @round 13.5oz__ cudve TTS @33, but looking for a more comfy fit on the EWYðŸ˜

W= 34__ 34.5

F/r= 12__ 11.75

B/r= 16__ 16

U/t= 12.75__ 13

Kne= 9.5__ 8.75

l/o= 9__ 8.25

Edit: will snap fit pix when I get a chance after work

Edited by BrownMetallic

• 2 weeks later...

'student' jeans were mentioned a while back I think. I've seen them in the JP stores, they're slightly more basic construction, printed gulls, lighter, non-selvage denim. Always assumed they were a Yamane invention, but I just came across these:

15950932009_f6f7c0baef_o.jpg 

15949706910_dfee0ccfa3_o.jpg

nothing special, but fills in a gap for me! here's the levi's listing if anyone's interested

doririn316-img450x600-1399541627spvnqf49

Sorry I'm a little late but they would be these. Though I've normally seen them without the guls.

http://evis.kwan-pjt.com/evis_uraevis_stetch.html

Yeah, I posted some pics of a deadstock pair a few years ago. Search for the shop 'Atoo' and it should be there. More than can be said for the shop, sadly, as they folder a couple or three months ago.

Xposting from Warehouse thread:

Look what Santa left @the steps today__  patches oiled & just waiting waiting for them to dry from a double hot soak.

EW-0110:  Evisu X Warehouse X Yamane  ::  future-sized @W34

They look fucking mint, mate, good work.

'student' jeans were mentioned a while back I think. I've seen them in the JP stores, they're slightly more basic construction, printed gulls, lighter, non-selvage denim. Always assumed they were a Yamane invention, but I just came across these:

nothing special, but fills in a gap for me! here's the levi's listing if anyone's interested

Yamane never used to miss a trick, did he?

Saw these in a local charity shop yesterday. 

16135377861_16de700cfb_c.jpg

Mate, pairs of those pop up very occasionally on eBay. Yamane did some kind of UK tour of Evisu retailers back in the day and painted some jeans and gulls as he went. The majority of pairs that pop up seem to be from the North East, so I'm assuming there musta been an early Evisu retailer in Newcastle or Sunderland or similar.

Kanji Kohanda, of the old Savile Row Evisu shop, used to sign the patch in a similar fashion if the owner wanted.

I got some old ass evisu jean jacket somewhere. It says Evisu Maniacs on the back with red, deep blue and super slim cut.

Are these worth anything anymore or should i toss it in the trash?

The embroidery on the back looks a bit like this:

Image11204.jpg

Any pics of the front of the jacket and the patch?

Hey M, nah - I tried them on but far too large! Might have measured as tagged or an inch over, and what I think I read as the 2001 cut at that. Looked like they'd only been worn a couple of times, and not touched water either. 

They had the typical Evisu MIJ tag - whether accurate or not - but no red tab so almost certainly European/International release. The Denim seemed really good - possibly old Heritage / D85 ? I wouldn't know.

MiJ without the tab, there was a spate of No.2 2001 jeans issued around that time, think made especially for the UK as I don't thnk the tab was removed, but was never actually there in the first place.

Worth about fifty quid on eBay on a fair day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got called out in the how do jeans fit thread for bumping it up without pics so i took new pics tonight. figured i would share them here too

all fits can be found here

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/7076-how-do-jeans-fit-description-and-pictures/page-127#entry3145858

lot2000 no.1 TTS size 30

evisu_zpsd82997fc.jpg

Edited by chantheman