Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Ive seen these jeans described as a ww2 model before . It would make sense given the doughnut buttons and pocket bags ,I know they have coin pocket rivets but so did many ww2 era levis

do they have a frayed (unfinished) crotch seam on the inside ?

Ive seen these jeans described as a ww2 model before . It would make sense given the doughnut buttons and pocket bags ,I know they have coin pocket rivets but so did many ww2 era levis

Ill have a look tonight, they don't have a green cast like the pictured knot jeans which is odd

appears to just be a standard crotch seam...this gets odder and odder

Had something in the post this morning for my growing collection.

1E7DF27F-5DE6-4759-855F-61C9B81A2D70-356

Anyone have any info on what the tab reads?

Hi long time lurker of this thread. Your label reads エビスヤデ = EBISU YA DE. It's Kansai (Osaka) dialect. Basically, Ebisu "it is". Very cool, I haven't seen any before.

Did anyone off here pick up the unpainted Lot 2000s that were on eBay last week?

I toyed with the idea at the last minute but went for a pair of Left Field chinos and a Barbour/Norton & Sons collab wax jacket instead...

I was watching them Crash but didn't pick them up for two reasons, first not my size and second shipping almost out weighed what they were gonna go for at $56 vs starting bid of $99 I think! Edited by dant87

33 really? Didn't see that in the description? Did you contact the seller? I think they may have stretched a little too far for me all the same even with that measurement tbh. Someone's got a bargain though!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry in advance for what is probably a silly question but I scrolled back about 7-8 pgs and couldn't find an answer.

When ordering from Evisu.jp, the "Inseam (length)" pulldown gives only measurements from 82cm to 60cm... is this an estimate for the post shrink inseam or is this the raw measurement? I assume this is raw measurement but 82cm seems a bit short for a maximum pre-shrink option.

Ah... so if you are ordering "no wash" then you have to select "without increasing length"...? As in, they will not hem an unsoaked pair...?

I suppose that is the safest route anyway, although I prefer to just hem before a soak because once I get wearing underway its usually agony to part with em even for a few days...

Thanks!

Ah... so if you are ordering "no wash" then you have to select "without increasing length"...? As in, they will not hem an unsoaked pair...?

I suppose that is the safest route anyway, although I prefer to just hem before a soak because once I get wearing underway its usually agony to part with em even for a few days...

Thanks!

They're only jeans, mate. Like all natural fibres they will really benefit from being rested in between days of wear, just the same as a wool suit or leather boots.

You are trying to order from evisu.jp? 

No overseas orders direct!

Yeah, I know that. I was going to use sutucorp. Thanks for looking out though!

They're only jeans, mate. Like all natural fibres they will really benefit from being rested in between days of wear, just the same as a wool suit or leather boots.

You'll be relieved to hear that I have half a dozen pairs in rotation and they are all well rested, often seeing a week or more off between wears.  ;)

It was just a bit of hyperbolae anyway, I don't actually agonize over sending my jeans off for alteration. All i meant was, it's exciting to get a new pair and I prefer them to be ready to go into action instead of having to soak em and turn em away for a hem job. Does that not seam reasonable?

I'm not the type to wear a double or triple cuff and since my actual inseam is 29" it means I usually can't wear an unaltered pair.