Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I am trying to buy a pair of the MIJ Evisu No.1 or No.2 jeans and came across this on Rakuten:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/frisbee/item/10001629/

Has anyone had experience with these guys and if so, are they reliable? I live in America and really want a pair of the MIJ denim but do not want to have to go to Japan to get them.

I got a pair of no1 2001s from them back in february. legit. probably the only store you can get them from on the net right now without a proxy.

Edited by lumberjack

I got a pair of no1 2001s from them back in february. legit. probably the only store you can get them from on the net right now without a proxy.

Thanks.

Thinking about ordering from Rakuten. Which cut is a straight cut and which one is a slim straight? Also any sizing advice on No. 1 and No. 2 denim? My true waist size is about a 35...

Use the size charts on evisu.jp to work out which size you would need in either cut. Roughly size up 2/3 sizes in no.1 depending on the cut and tts in No.2.

Lot 2005 is one of the slimmer cuts but there are some newer cuts like the #9000 and PMG105 maybe worth looking at too.

Thanks.

Thinking about ordering from Rakuten. Which cut is a straight cut and which one is a slim straight? Also any sizing advice on No. 1 and No. 2 denim? My true waist size is about a 35...

for no.1 size up two inches from whatever size jeans that fit you comfortably, and for no.2 go with the size jean you already wear. no.1 denim is unsanfordized and will shrink a significant amount when washed, and no.2 is sanfordized and will not shrink when washed. If you're buying your pair from that rakuten store I'd advise you to take their advice on sizing the jeans. I followed their advice (sizing up 2 inches) and my jeans fit perfect after one hot wash.

The thing is though, compared to the No.2's its only 3,000Yen difference. I have my cousin wanting some jeans and ive convinced him to go MiJ this time as he has a pair of brown box greencasts and No.3 Macau's. So for a nice solid pair of No.2's in 14.5oz at only $30 more than these new heirlooms sounds a better deal. I dont know if they are that light weight but pretty sure someone mentioned 12oz.

I mean I would be interested to see them and have a feel and get an idea of the fit etc, but for his first pair... i'd rather him go something tried and tru. Only problem is the website looks low on a lot of stock.

yeah, it sure is! but back then the market was almost overflown with fakes and the 'wrong' people wearing them for the 'wrong' reasons.

I'd love to have a pair of JP daicocks again, as I sold mine because of the above reason. are they still available? can't seem to find them, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places

• 2 weeks later...

is the evisu no. 1 the same as lot 01? I bought my first two pairs of evisu in 1999 and i think that these are from that collection,...not much worn because of the baggy cut that i didn't like.