Evisu is still loved!

benzak

considering hemming my 2000 no1's and wasnt sure if evisu shrinks a lot after washes. whats the general consensus? i would have to get them hemmed and then have them shrink too much over time.

currently just the initial hot wash so far

the No.1 denim differs from season to seson but from the ones I heard they shrink a good amount. The last batch (red line selvage) shrank more than usual

thanks

sybaritical whats your take on the shrinkage of the inseam? i have the same pair bought off another member of the DD+1 that got them for participating

I wasn't so worried about the inseam. The waist was my main concern, as the pair I got sent was sized down one by mistake and they fitted me perfectly from raw. I remember both DDML and Cheep were astonished/ disappointed at the shrinkage they got when they washed and soaked the pairs they received from the same lot though.

Man I would love some of those brown box 0005's. Or any 0005's for that matter, they're slowly disappearing and I need to get my hands on a few pairs for later down the road.

I like how you can see the difference between the gulls on those 2 2504's, the slimmer one (on the right) is definitely my favorite.

I really like the brown box bit they're nowhere near my size. I'm much happier with the 2005 fit these days. Reminds me, I should pull my Hotei Fans off ice and put some more work on them.

I really like the brown box bit they're nowhere near my size. I'm much happier with the 2005 fit these days. Reminds me, I should pull my Hotei Fans off ice and put some more work on them.

jyoni is that pair greencast with fans on the back pockets or something like that?

Just noticed the back pockets on 2001's are quite larger than 2000 pockets :/

Think those green cast ones had ribbons on them?

Flash what kind of measurements do you want? Mine are size 33 but I don't have any presoak measurements, and thanks to some bad advice on the Evisu sales person I didn't size that well on them so I can't comment on whether I got maximal stretching. If you still want measurements let me know though.

For what it's worth I would advise sizing the same as you would on a pair of 2000 No.2's, as the top block is the same. It just tapers knee down to a ~19cm leg opening.

Finally gonna get a pair handpainted this summer, I asked before and they're ok with painting on Evisu international models. Really excited :D .

Edited by Warakia

I think I remember the pair hes talking about. Its not fans on the back pocket but a fan on the back patch. Cant remember whats on the back pockets... Just remember seeing them a couple of years ago and thought they were unique.

Yep, fan on the patch. Pockets are stamped black gull with a red horizontal stitch. Greencast broken twill. I'll get them out for some photos. They should have a bit more evo than the last round of pics.

Posted · Hidden by akka225, May 30, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by akka225, May 30, 2012 - No reason given

i've been keeping my eye out for a 2001 in 1 or 2 for a while without much luck...i'm a 31w...if anyone finds something give me a PM... thought someone might be interested in this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVISU-JEANS-Lot-2001-No-7-Made-In-Japan-30X35-Selvage-/261032089718?pt=Men_s_Clothing&hash=item3cc6b99876#ht_573wt_911

i would consider it, but no gulls :/

002-2.jpg

001-5.jpg

I didn't grab a fit pic but I will soon, both for these and the 2001/0001 No. 1 Special. For bigger guys the 0005 is much better as a slightly loose fit. They were snug when I bought them but I'm much happier with them just dropping off the hip now that my weight is down.

I wish I'd left another inch or two on the length. Last time I had them out I wore them with a folsom, which is why I wish I kept em longer, for a bit bigger cuff.

jyoni looks good mate. Are the gulls paint?

what is the best place to look to find a pair of evisu jeans?

Have a look at evisu.jp and then contact Sutocorp about buying a pair for you and shipping them outside of Japan.

Sutos link : http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/100051-sutocorp-super-low-proxy-fee-for-branded-item-from-japan-auction/

If you prefer Evisu International label then google their site and im pretty sure they'll post worldwide. Or go Ebay for some bargain hunting...

Not sure if it could be called paint. It's the rubbery paint from their production stamping, more like a super heavy screen print. Probably the same stuff on your 2008, unless they've changed the materials they used.

Not sure if it could be called paint. It's the rubbery paint from their production stamping, more like a super heavy screen print. Probably the same stuff on your 2008, unless they've changed the materials they used.

how to tell if an evisu has that kind of rubbery paint or the kind that will come off with wear?

how to tell if an evisu has that kind of rubbery paint or the kind that will come off with wear?

It will happen to both. For the handpainted acrylic, you would have to buy from Japan. I believe there have been special store appearances in other parts of the world in the past, where you could bring in your plain pockets for a legit handpainting.

* also, imo, the handpainted will wear off more beautifully.

Edited by jyoni