Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Thanks Chambo, I'm happy with 'em, fit perfectly compared to the 34's. As I say tho, a couple more hot water washes needed to get rid of that last inch of length then i'll be rockin these for a looong time :)

Last pair lost a bit, still plenty dark though. Washed em 4 times and dried them with a hair dryer, looking back they were pretty much done by the 3rd wash. Think i'll hold off on this pair for now and just double cuff em. :)

no one else checkin out those evis on bay from here? if you are pm me and i will leave them alone, also i reckon these look wired im leaning towards fake..

What evis pm me link.

Anyways these are strange. Had they not had the NO.1 on them i would say they were real Evisu but early italian made. With the NO.1 i think it might be some kind of special edition or very early edition Italian made ones if they are real that is.

I wanted to actually buy them as i really like it but no way am i going to fit into 28s. (err just looking at the link again i swear these were listed earlier in the week with a £30 buy it now?)

Yeah we saw the Evis earlier its at least the second time around. Apparently its been very badly hemmed and its been boil washed a few times so no thanks.

Yeah, he relisted it after I asked him for more pics and pointed out the hemming etc, he reckons that he never noticed it the first time around - but I notice he's not put pics of the hemming up on the second listing...

hey guys. looking to pick up some evisu.

my question is...

im looking for a baggy fit relaxed fit. almost hoodrat status.

which evisu model would best fit that? thanks in advanced!

hey guys. looking to pick up some evisu.

my question is...

im looking for a baggy fit relaxed fit. almost hoodrat status.

which evisu model would best fit that? thanks in advanced!

If you're looking to buy from Japan, the either Lot 2001 or Lot 2004 (like 2001 but with a cinchback) could fit the bill....And if you bought them in sanforised No.2 denim then you'd get an even more relaxed fit...

http://shop.evisu.jp/shopbrand/004/004/X

posting from tokyo.

picked up a pair of no.1 in the 2000 cut. you guys were right, these are some amazing denim. i decided not to get the gulls painted and left the pockets plain, partially because they would have had to wash them for me, paint them, and have me pick them up a few days later (and that would have been my last day here, when i will be very busy and won't have time to go there.) the other reason is that my wife feels that in nyc the evisu gulls are only worn by thug hip-hop types, and she didn't want me to get them. one last reason was that i mostly wanted them because of the quality and the denim, rather than for the branding.

oh well, if i change my mind i can get them painted next year or if i go to paris in september.

the sales girl gave us a complicated washing routine, most of which i was going to do anyway (wash them twice with no detergent, then hot dry to get all the shrinkage out) but i was interested in what some of the experienced guys did with their leather patch. she said that i should make sure the patch is really wet before putting them in the dryer, and then take them out halfway through the drying process to re-wet the patch, and keep it from shrinking dramatically and cracking.

what about coating it with obenhauf's LP? what did you do CTB?

Beeswax, nothing more.

And I didn't bother waxing it before soaking, although I only soaked once and avoided the dryer for my 2000s. Good that they've given you such indepth advice, but I'd only use a dryer if I was concerned that the shrinkage wouldn't be enough without it.

Good to hear that you're happy with them :)

I oiled the patch with Red Wing boot oil.

I have to say the only thing on these jeans that isn't top-notch is the leather patch. It looks and feels cheap (at least to me). And if you oil it, it loses color.

thanks for the replies! i think i need to max out the shrinkage on these as i got a 34 on their advice. i'll follow their advice to the letter and post the results for the benefit of all.

they told us that the patch is sheep leather, which may be why it seems odd, but i do know what you mean about it seeming odd. i'll have to see how it ages.

will post up pics on monday when i get home and put these through the process.