Evisu is still loved!

benzak

I was just watching him sell some fake denim dunks on ebay and look at the selvedges on the pairs that he is selling now vs the ones on the website u were looking (raikuten?)... they arent the same. I dont know for sure, these may possibly be samples however.

AIM: tdubb96

Email: [email protected]

I would like to ask a few questions regarding Evisu which has not been addressed yet on this thread. I have 3 pairs of Evisu, all bought in the Netherlands from the authorized dealers.

1) How can you tell where the jeans are made? I've seen the French Evisu tag, and the standard, but that is it. I've heard of the Italian Evisu.. how can you tell? The tag inside does not give the country of manufacture.

2) What does the stamped No. 2 mean?

3) What does the lot number mean... I've heard that it could refer to the year of manufacture, etc.

My 3 Evisu's all have No. 2 stamped on the back leather tag. Two of the cotton ones (a RHT and LHT) are regular fit, and they are both "Lot 0331", The hemp/cotton is a looser fit and is a "Lot: 0001". What the heck does this mean???

Edit: I forgot to add that all three Evisus are selvedge denim..

Edited by T4phage on May 31, 2005 at 03:09 AM

check page 1 of this thread:

Quote: 0331 is the slim fit cut.
Quote: here it is...

2001 - evisu basic cut, button fly, hidden rivet, gull back pocket

2002 - same as 2001, but with zipper fly

2000 - a little more straight silhouette compared to 2001

2000Z - 2000 cut with zipper fly

2004 - buckleback, slightly looser than 2001

2005 - slim straight, even slimmer than 2000, zipper fly

2017 - boot-cut, zipper fly

2101 - lee styled back pocket, but with white paint mark. left hand twill (!)

yamane deluxe - wrangler styled back pocket, very slubby denim with lots of neps.

the paris line

epc1459 - the reversible one

epc1468 - snake and gull back pockets

es04ew - low rise, white gull back pocket, buckle

epc1535 - 3 or 4 kinds of denim materials in one pair of jeans

epc1458 - the so-called spiral cut

epc1544 - the classic pants

epc1461 - large daikoku (daicock?) paint at the back, side pockets on both knees

epc1460 - patched daikoku at the back

epc1457 - the 21 pockets (yucks)

epc1447 - plain back pockets, slight flared bootcut

epc1463 - crane and gull back pockets

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Thank you for reposting that. I did read it before posting, but it has NOT answered my questions:

1) what does the stamped No. 2 mean? (it can't be the 'fit' since one of my "No. 2" is a loose fit)

2) what does the lot numbers mean, specifically lot 0001 and lot 0331.

edit: oops.. 0331 has been answered! Thanks

Thanks

Edited by T4phage on May 31, 2005 at 04:20 AM

Edited by T4phage on May 31, 2005 at 04:22 AM

I believe the No:2 stamp is stand for the grade of the jeans...I think they've got 1,2 n 3. not 100% sure though...

as far as I know all of Japanese Evisu are selvage, where as the EU one isn't. confirmation anyone?

BTW,the 0331 I think is baggy cut

I wAnT tO wAkE iN tHe CiTy ThAt NeVeRsLePp

Edited by bapesta on May 31, 2005 at 06:09 AM

the no. stamps are for the weight of the denim per m2, I'm not sure what the exact numbers are but my guess would be no. 1 14.5 oz. and no. 2 12 oz., although I think it changes every season since I've seen no. 2 jeans with clearly less weight than others. I've seen no. 3 jeans only on pics, so I don't know anything about the weight. The only thing I can tell you that these are Japanese non-selvage jeans.

this means japanese are not always selvage. also, in the past almost all made in Italy jeans where selvage, but there making a completely different style for 2 years with EU on the leather patch. as far as I know those aren't selvage, but there are still 'normal' evisu jeans made in Italy, with the regular leather patch including selvage.

i don't know much about the lot #, it differs per collection: japanese, french, italy. and i also think it differs per season...

The ones I have are:

No. 2, lot 0331 Right hand twill selvedge denim, with the 'normal' patch, regular (i.e 501 like) fit)

No. 2, lot 0331 Left hand twill selvedge denim, with the normal patch, regular fit, and instead of a painted gull, it has the embroidered gull on both pockets in silver thread.

No. 2, lot 0001 right hand twill hemp/cotton selvedge, normal patch, loose fit. painted gull on one pocket, Evisu Genes Osaka on the other.

It seems as if the lot numbers are notations of fit since the stamped No. 2 is the same.

How can I tell if they are made in Italy or Japan if there is no country of manufacture listed?

maybe those new EU are made in china... if the tag doesn't say anything, they can be made anywhere although you're right about the fact that all evisu without 'made in..' were made in Italy..

but i don't think that's true, could be just a rumour about the chinese made evisu's

not necessarily. the evisus which were made couple years ago didint have the made in japan print. i have 7-8 pairs and the older ones dont read made in japan (although they are japanese selvage line) , but couple of the newer ones do read made in japan on the inner side of the pocket.

true, also, for the italian evisu it's the opposite.. i have a couple of old evisu's with a different tag than nowadays which do say 'made in italy'

and does somebody think the crappy new EU evisu's without any made in specifications could be those made in china brought up by darknworn? it could be possible although the chances are slim...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3977810705&rd=1&rd=1 are these genuine??? they are on rakuten.. but look at the selvage on the rakuten ones..http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119788/288256/ the selvage, is different and the lot on the rakuten jeans are 2001 where as the ebay are 2004 (meaning they should be buckle backs which they are not) so they must be fakes, damm!!! i wanted those! can anyone clarify this??

ice cold vintage

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3977810705&rd=1&rd=1 are these genuine??? they are on rakuten.. but look at the selvage on the rakuten ones..http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119788/288256/ the selvage, is different and the lot on the rakuten jeans are 2001 where as the ebay are 2004 (meaning they should be buckle backs which they are not) so they must be fakes, damm!!! i wanted those! can anyone clarify this??

btw. i jus got a pair of edwin nashvilles, and they are so much better than evisu!

ice cold vintage