Evisu is still loved!

benzak

been super swamped with work - but finally have some time. kwan's proper old school, his site been around for yonkers but haven't been updated in awhile. i've seen yamane 00s but the denim don't seem all that special to me?

on another note, i'm planning to let go a pair of used Evis Labor W33. giving you guys a heads up here first and will post pics on supermarket soon. offers are welcome ;)

I've always loved Evisu denim...I dont know why, some piece's can be a bit gaudy and the 'wannabe rude boys' almost killed the brand (a bit like the chavs almost killed burberry until Christopher Bailey turned things around) but there's nothing better then a weathered pair of evisu genes.

Just thought I'd post this article about the re-launch of the brand for the evisu lovers that are still out there

http://www.yatzer.com/1874_the_long_awaited_comeback_of_evisu_jeans

And you should totally know that Evisu is so last year and Mister Freedom is what is in. Now head over to that thread and join us on the beasting.

Not sure what I was thinking exactly, was really tired at the time I read that and somehow my thoughts went "Evisu being painted...Japan version available somehow, maybe?"

I now realize that this is thoroughly unlikely.

Sadly very unlikely.

I'd imagine it'll be the same as before, i.e. Lot 0001and Lot 0005, although they may showcase some of the new stuff...

I'll pop down and have a look anyway as the venue's only ten mins walk from my place...

take plent of pics and post 'em!

now that #0 is available again my greedy heart is piqued....pics of Evis Labor is up now in supermarket, click my signature to see pics ;)

Sadly very unlikely.

I'd imagine it'll be the same as before, i.e. Lot 0001and Lot 0005, although they may showcase some of the new stuff...

I'll pop down and have a look anyway as the venue's only ten mins walk from my place...

did old evisu that were made in japan allways have made in japan on the indide lable ? the reason im asking is that my friend owns a small denim shop in town and they stocked evisu years ago , he found an old pair of evisus in a box in the stock roon , there plain pocket plain leather patch and have diagonal bartack pockets they also have the cowboy button . i realy want to know if they were made in japan .

(couldnt get pics but any help would be great )

i went back to the shop and had a closer look they seem realy nice but it seems there made in china because there made of d86 denim

no crash they wernt the2101's but he dose have a pair deadstock at home along with a few 2501's ive tried to buy but he just wont sell (sad face)

just got my pair of lot2000 no2 from japan (handpainted white and pink gulls, yay!) and I have an unspeakably newbie question. Slap me now.

Do I need to soak the no2 denim? I've seen some places that say "sanforized" and others that say only some of the actual threads are sanforized and that there will be a fair bit of shrinkage... Thanks!

I'd soak it, too.

The Japanese website says that there'll be some, minimal shrinkage and probably best to try and get it out of the way at the start to avoid any surprises further along the line.

Pics are an essential part of the process, of course... :)

I've just started wearing my No.2 jacket again, now that winter's drawing in, and am loving the subtleties of the fading...

Good stuff :)

You gonna be giving these regular attention?

Probably not in the short term. My current project are the samurai S5000AI-10SP which are unbelievably slow to fade. I want those to at least look like 6 months worth of wear before I retire them to occasional use.