Evisu is still loved!

benzak

just when i thought evisu was getting it halfway right, i hear the name 'morrison'. if this is the dude scott morrison from paper denim & earnest sewn, i'll just sit back in my fullcounts and smoke to evisu's memory, wiping the tear from my eye...R.I.P stylecraft.

just when i thought evisu was getting it halfway right, i hear the name 'morrison'. if this is the dude scott morrison from paper denim & earnest sewn, i'll just sit back in my fullcounts and smoke to evisu's memory, wiping the tear from my eye...R.I.P stylecraft.

At least the deadstock jeans will have years left in them...but I know what you mean...

It's the same Scott Morrison who did Paper Denim and Earnest Sewn. Honestly the guy seems to know his stuff and has a pretty good knowledge base about Japanese and raw denim and the history of jeans so I wouldn't necessarily think that the hire is a sign that Evisu is going to head in a prewash direction or anything, given that Earnest Sewn does make raws as well...

all of these denim execs know their stuff, but what will they put in the stores? evisu is falling off /going to shit slowly but surely. its a damn shame, really. tom cruise's favorite jeansmaker will do nothing to help evisu's reputation among it's former core market, but he probably will sell a lot more jeans, which is i guess a sucess. its already at the point where rocking a pair of evisu doesn't mean the same thing as it used to...

i'm going to Japan in 2 weeks and I would like to pick up a pair of Evisu's..

i'm looking for a more tapered fit, any pointers? which ones are Japan only, I am mostly interested in those.

Another question, do Evisu's shrink after initial soak? if so, how much?

Thanks

cham- is that you in the evisu? they look good on you,man.

ah_long - don't all denim shrink? even sanforized shrink too, not alot, but they still do. based on my own experience, if you want the no.1 denim, look at BiG site's and the shrinkage are as follows. a tapered fit? the evisu 2000 is a pretty tapered fit, but im not sure if youre looking for a skinny cut. if so, then the 2000 will not work.

OK their website is back but it doesn't seem to have anything significantly new?

I can't even access the site from the main page. I have to go through the international site first. But, yeah, nothing really new. Aside from the picture on the main page of the guy (apparently) wearing their upcoming denim that is.

its already at the point where rocking a pair of evisu doesn't mean the same thing as it used to...
The Japanese side hasn't really changed all that much, and the international side has improved considerably. It had its garish period, but that seems to have changed. I reckon folks taste change over time also.

I'll definitely have to anxiously wait and see what Morrison does

It had its garish period, but that seems to have changed. I reckon folks taste change over time also.

I'll definitely have to anxiously wait and see what Morrison does

I agree with this sentiment. As far as the international side of Evisu goes, there was a point where there's no real way they could've gotten worse.. Evisu needed an image change and I wouldn't be too surprised if Morrison moves the brand closer to its original roots. All of this is of course conjecture, though...

cham- is that you in the evisu? they look good on you,man.

ah_long - don't all denim shrink? even sanforized shrink too, not alot, but they still do. based on my own experience, if you want the no.1 denim, look at BiG site's and the shrinkage are as follows. a tapered fit? the evisu 2000 is a pretty tapered fit, but im not sure if youre looking for a skinny cut. if so, then the 2000 will not work.

thanks for your reply..

straight leg(66) fit is fine.. I am not looking for a skinny fit..

are Evisu denim sanforized or not?