Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Ha ha ! love it, now all you need is to get her into a pair and she may see the way ?

Maybe. Only after my trainer obsession has been accepted first though...

:)

Anyhow, post-soak pictures - soaked for just over an hour in warm water then worn for a walk in the rain to get that bloody belt (and if I get pneumonia then I will demand no sympathy):

dsc00710lp8.jpg

dsc00708zx5.jpg

Still a bit loose on the waist for me, I'll post measurements when totally dried.

Would be interesting to hear what some of the more experienced denimheads thought of these...

Is this $150 USD or pounds? I assume pounds...?

Incorrect assumption, my friend, USD all the way! That's why I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat - these (or ones very similar) were retailing in the UK for £500 at Oki-Ni...

And yeah Tekrah, I'm feeling them...will know in a bit about London so I'll PM you then matey :D

Holy shit, $150 USD? He's asking for $700 USD =O I've been eyeing those pairs DoM has for sale for a while now, but kept thinking he wasn't going to accept anything less than like $400.

He accepted my offer straight away, and they arrived yesterday - superfast shipping.

Came in at less than £100 inc. shipping - you'd pay £180 for No.2 Heritage here...

Edit: think they'll need to be soaked for longer, as they've barely shrunk. I really want to loose some waistage, but I love the legs as they are...

Is this $150 USD or pounds? I assume pounds...?

Indeed as my esteemed CTB explained, your assumption is indeed incorrect.

They were indeed $150 US Dollar$ that is to say approx £75 UK delivery was a meagre 35 dollars and super swift delivery too.

B-A-R-G-A-I-N

I'm now looking at getting the same pair as CTB the retail on that pair is $1250 -insane.:eek:

We should hav e a competition - "Who can bag the best bargain" :D

Me too!!! Probably the same one's as Tek, but I'd hate to be a bitter!

That made me chuckle - i haven't heard the term 'biter' in quite some years, reminds me of the golden days of hip hop in the mid 80's ! MC Shan, Shante, Steady B -great.

Any how I digress, you shoul cop a pair while they're still around, only thing is once you get them they'll be the benchmark you measure other denim by.

in my honest opinion they are that great. :cool:

'biter' is still in use here in the hood, and theres another phrase i coined: "dick-nibbler", taken from another phrase, "bitin of my dick''. in context:"this nigga straight dick-nibbled, and rocked his shits just like me" try it, you might like it.

Some thoughts on the wrangler denim: This is very comfortable, almost spongy fabric. Even sized down, there is enough give to avoid feeling squished in. The weave feels airy and loose, probably great for these summer months. Colorwise it is darker and "inkier" than it appears in pics, and the broken tweed texture really comes through.

Dunno if it's standard for the 0005 cut, but these ones run large, so definitely size down. Snug as they are, I can tell they are going to be a perfect fit once the generous stretch kicks in. You bigger guys who want to try "stacking" a bit would like this cut. It's a slimmer straight-leg but not outrageous ballerina steeze. The burr rivets are such a nice touch for jeans of this price. Looks like they are still on sale btw.

Pics to come once I stretch them out a bit.

Dunno if it's standard for the 0005 cut, but these ones run large, so definitely size down. Snug as they are, I can tell they are going to be a perfect fit once the generous stretch kicks in.

Matt told me some of the versions actually run 3 sizes larger.

Hey,

Tekrah love those Deluxe's you picked up. I'm pretty much the same waist size as you are and I'm really considering dropping down some cash and try and get a pair because of how great they look.

I'm currently working in a few pairs but I just picked up a pair of D67 Heritage with shield pockets/black paint brush gulls which I just put in for my first soak a few days ago. I'll post up pic soon.

Anyway, I've been viewing this post for awhile and just decided to apply so this would be my first post but I wanted to say nothing but positive things about everyone contributing which has helped me learn and appreciate Evisu.

Matt told me some of the versions actually run 3 sizes larger.

Makes perfect sense.

Give me a little time on the pics. I think I will soak them, and then wear them through next week.

Hey,

Tekrah love those Deluxe's you picked up. I'm pretty much the same waist size as you are and I'm really considering dropping down some cash and try and get a pair because of how great they look.

I'm currently working in a few pairs but I just picked up a pair of D67 Heritage with shield pockets/black paint brush gulls which I just put in for my first soak a few days ago. I'll post up pic soon.

Anyway, I've been viewing this post for awhile and just decided to apply so this would be my first post but I wanted to say nothing but positive things about everyone contributing which has helped me learn and appreciate Evisu.

Hey - welcome aboard StarkTower, if there's anything I can help with such as sizing etc feel free to ask I'm more than happy to help if I can.

If you are thinking of shelling out on a pair of the deluxe you really won't be disappointed they have gone to the top of my raw denim heirachy.

Oh definately, don't forget though that it'll hang better when it softens up too, at the moment it like being wrapped in tinplate !

Hehehe if they're anything like mine then you may need to soak them for longer than I did - these are going in the bath again today as they're still bulletproof, plus I think there's some more shrinkage to get out of the way.

Last thing I want is to wear these for a while, wash them and then find that they weren't shrunk properly...

My Evisu Vintage Heritage jeans order just arrived in the mail... But I didn't like them for a few reasons:

I didn't like the denim fabric itself that much because it felt a bit lightweight for something that toted great quality. Looking closely there was some slubbiness, but not much. I guess I wouldn't want too much slubbiness because I want jeans that I can wear with a t-shirt or a nice button-down shirt for a club.

I do remember the Evisu Lot 2001 No 2 that I tried on at Hinoya in Tokyo were basically the same wash as these except the jeans were remarkably harder... more starched. Maybe they were heavier denim, but I can't remember. I just remember that it wasn't so baggy as these and I don't remember the pockets being so damn huge. Whatever, I'm glad I didn't buy those because I don't like paint on the pocket.

The pockets are way too big, especially in length on these Heritages. They go past my butt cheeks making me look as if I were sagging the jeans and I hate that look. The guy who sounds effeminate at Evisu told me that all Heritage jeans will have the same-sized pocket.

The legs were too baggy for me and better resembles an urban, baggy fit.

I think size 32 for my waist was probably perfect as the jeans would probably end up shrinking a bit making the fit perfect.

The color was alright. I'd be satisfied with it.

My Lucky Brand Jeans all fit better and look better than these. I guess I just chose the wrong ones from Evisu. But I remember my friend having a pair of Nudies and I really liked the color so I think I'll try to buy my own pair. But DJPremium.com just sold out of their 32 waist in RRDS which I betted was the best fit for me, which is a bummer. I'll probably go to Denim Bar nearby to try on the different Nudies.

Though the return policy says that discounted items are final sales, the guy at Evisu processed a return for me and is even covering the return shipping cost. All of this was done without me having to pressure him into giving me a return or anything. Very pain-free, simple, great customer service. So even if I'm really dissatisfied with my purchase, the customer service would keep me coming back if they had some products that better fit my preferences.

Gave my daicocks their first rinse out tonight after 3 1/2 months wear.

The water was a greenish blue and it took several rinses before the majority of bleed stopped. They are on the line drying at the moment, it's 8:30 in the evening so I'll probably see how they fare when I return home from work at 7am tomorrow morning, hopefully it will not rain tonight but I really don't care, what will be will be.

Pics tomorrow sometime...

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but styles like Heritage and all the Evisu's sold on ebay and drjays are NOT the Evisu's that most of us are looking for.

Evisu JP and regular Evisu are basically two different companies operating under the same name. The super nice denim and fading potential of the 2000 #1's cannot be found in that hip hop style, Evisu crap that is so common everywhere you look.