chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

I saw Toro + Braids last night in Philly. I had no clue who Braids were until they started playing and I realized they were super hyped a few months ago for being like a female Animal Collective. Pretty good.

I saw Toro open for caribou last year. He seems way more confident on stage now. Pretty short set, and I'm not as big a fan of the new stuff but still pretty good.

Finally get to see Neon Indian...

North Coast Fest!

Chances are I'll once again go for free as well and enjoy complimentary drinks and stage front picture access on behalf of UIC Radio

Here's my photos from last year in case anyone is interested:

Lupe, Mayer Hawthorne, Flying Lotus

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46696205@N02/sets/72157624770624107/

Jay Electronica

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46696205@N02/sets/72157624880840494/

4958422017_7e22c1b7aa.jpg

hopscotch fest lineup in 5 days for all the southerners that post and/or lurk

toro y moi + braids tonight, i might possibly take video. i'll probably be to busy dancing my ass off, though.

btw, does anyone know someone that has gotten lucky enough to get a see through tomboy vinyl?

toro y moi footage from last night's show

0qZvUBeNwoE

first time going to a show that had high energy, and didn't involve moshing. only disappointment was after the last song, the crowd waited for about 10mins shouting "more, more!" and he wouldn't deliver. plus side is: jordan (one of the members) heard me scream at him about chaz's whereabouts, and he completely ignored me, but then he came back up later and apologized and said it was cool to chill with them in the back.

i'm still waiting for my friend to upload that footage (although, it's just a short 12-15sec clip).

edit: sorry, lied.. it's only 10 secs

3BAtO0tD7es

If you're willing to make the drive he's playing in Columbia Saturday in a bowling alley. Should be pretty awesome. Tickets are $15. A band from Atlanta called Mermaids is also playing with Toro and they're pretty awesome.

just saw the tweet about that on his twitter. first time hearing of indie grits.

^it's pretty cool man. they usually get a few good local bands to play every year and sometimes they have decent films.

Did you meet Andy and Patrick as well? and James!?(the merch guy/driver) They're all really nice dudes.

Can't wait for the hopscotch fest lineup.

Also, been getting into some garage rock lately. My roommate got me into The Oh See's and Ty Segull.

tVVkdqxg0Fw&feature

2rnxRmDouF0

met james when i purchased the toro y moi tee, but didn't really converse with him. and, i met both Andy and Pat as well when i went back, it's funny b/c the entire time everyone kept screaming "yeah, chaz!" and i would always yell "go, patrick!". he told me he appreciated it ha

and i also met a couple of the kids from Braids, who are extremely down to earth. the lead, Raphaelle(sp?), she did their intro partly in japanese so that was cool.

but yeah, no more shows for me until hopscotch.

haha. that's awesome man. the toro show was pretty awesome. everyone was going ape shit for them especially since it was their homecoming show. they got off to a rough start and had to stop halfway through the first song to fix some shit with Andy's computer. After that though it was all smooth sailing. went to the hotel after party which was fun for a bit until it got busted from the 70 year old lady that was trying to sleep next door.

can't wait to see them again. really hoping to get on the guest list for pitchfork fest.

also diggin' this song:

http://www.gorillavsbear.net/2011/04/15/john-talabot-x-glasser-families/

^ what're your thoughts on the lineup for Hopscotch??

I'll go just so i can see Beach Fossils. Wanted to see them so badly for so long. Others I'd like to see:

Twin Shadow

Toro

Guided By Voices

Flaming Lips

Braids

Dodos

Black Lips

Lower Dens

Japandroids

Cold Cave

Mount Eerie

You gonna go?

i was disappointed, only 2/20 of the people on my wishlist made the lineup. imo, last years lineup was better.

as for people i want to see:

beach fossils

black lips

braids

cold cave

the foreign exchange

the love language

toro y moi

j mascis

twin shadow

i was certain i was going, but now i'm unsure. i'm more focused on putting as much money aside as i can for coachella next year (determined not to miss it for the 4th time in a row). who knows, if it doesn't sell out, i might buy an all club pass for $65 at the last minute. how about you?

last years lineup was definitely better. I'm okay with this one especially for the price. I'd like to go. I've never been to Raleigh before and I'd like to go and make a weekend out of it. It depends on where I am with jobs and shit since I'm graduating in 2 weeks. Not sure what my funds will be like.

Such a good past 2 days and weekend:

Saw Arcade Fire/ The National twice, got my CD signed and my friend got his vinyl signed as well

5656594882_c5fe181002.jpg

Interviewed Will Butler:

5644293719_b21ba15555.jpg

Life iz gud

Such a good past 2 days and weekend:

Saw Arcade Fire/ The National twice, got my CD signed and my friend got his vinyl signed as well

how the hell did you manage to get an interview? bahhhhhh signed cd fuuuuuuu

im forever envious of you (at least until i meet Win & Regine).

anyway, you get +rep and all that

Just did some intensive google searching in order to find the right people to contact :)

We were surprised they even gave us the time of day, it shows that they are great people as well as musicians

I saw Washed Out with Madlib last Saturday in Asheville NC. They're not as good live. Its was very percussion-driven, not so much dreamy synthy sound like in Life of Leisure. I enjoyed it though. and Madlib was dope too

^haven't heard him talk about playing that.

I saw Washed Out with Madlib last Saturday in Asheville NC. They're not as good live. Its was very percussion-driven, not so much dreamy synthy sound like in Life of Leisure. I enjoyed it though. and Madlib was dope too

I agree. It's a lot different than they're recorded stuff. But the show would be a lot worse if Ernest was playing by himself same with Toro.