chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

Anyone else going to pitchfork?

Excited for AC, Ariel Pink, TVOTR, Deerhunter

was hoping for Neon Indian or Toro or Beach Fossils maybe but I suppose they might still be added

also +1 on overhyped female fronted bands

i wanna go to the festival badly, but i can't. just got into TVOTR literally 2 days ago (late pass) they're awesome obviously. kyp reminds me of a black version of some other guy that i can't think of right now. anyway, great musically, terrible with words if you've seen his interviews.

Anybody travelling down to Austin for SXSW?

Already have my schedule of bands I wish to see:

Thurs-Toro y Moi, Twin Shadow

Fri-Odd Future

Sat-Jamie XX

Just the main bands Im trying to work my way to see, all free shows.

Chip, yeah this will be the 3rd time Ive seen him! 1st time it was a solo acousic set. 2nd time waswith the actual band, it was badass. Im stoked to see him play new stuff though.

I think Im more excitied to see Jamie XX's DJ set.

Chip, yeah this will be the 3rd time Ive seen him! 1st time it was a solo acousic set. 2nd time waswith the actual band, it was badass. Im stoked to see him play new stuff though.

I think Im more excitied to see Jamie XX's DJ set.

I'd be excited for the Jamie XX dj set as well. That'll be fun. SO jealous you get to go to SXSW.

Chaz is playing in Columbia in April at a bowling alley for this indie grits festival. I'm pysched.

haha, I actually like Best Coast well enough. It's popular to h8 on her nowadays, but everything she made pre-album was pretty great.

i can actually get down with some pochaunted stuff, there's a lot i haven't gotten through. lol didn't know it was cool to hate on best coast, gonna have to get on some newer-buzzband-hate tip

There is no new music. 2011 is pretty boring so far imho.

good, i'm not out of the loop.....yet

i'll just listen to this in the meantime

59VBDATqfZ8

sorry for the late response, prag, but i'm not gonna be able to get the footage up.

@ chchchip, are you going to the hopscotch festival this year? the lineup is gonna be announced 4/20. last year looked pretty bad ass.

dWwKHoyLdJE

^ i may depending on the lineup. i tried to go last year but everything fell through.

i'm torn between going to twin shadow or explosions in the sky. twin shadow is the 2nd and eits is the 3rd. twin shadow being in chapel hill and eits in charlotte(which is a lot closer to me). You going to either of these?

^ i may depending on the lineup. i tried to go last year but everything fell through.

i'm torn between going to twin shadow or explosions in the sky. twin shadow is the 2nd and eits is the 3rd. twin shadow being in chapel hill and eits in charlotte(which is a lot closer to me). You going to either of these?

yeah, i'll be at the twin shadow show. you should come to the toro y moi show as well, it's on the 15th @ local 506.

^ washed out is aight live. i have mixed feelings. when he played with small black they were awesome but i saw em 2 months ago and they weren't that good.

what do you guys think of this? little R&B with a beach house sample

yI-zb_aP0So

gN9LtM2jNgQ

ive been listening to these guys for about a month now, but i've just decided to mention them

6_u0nrO9Ads

married couple going by the name "peaking lights" based in wisconsin. i officially ordered their 7" yesterday after playing the mp3's over and over again. smh, they just had to stop touring as soon as i found out about them. for good reasons though, apparently the chick has gotten pregnant.