chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

I wish I had the cash for vinyl. Its so expensive, I might as well buy CDs, but then again, thats why I download "illegally".

Have the Toro leaked album, its soooo good. I love it. It does tone down the synth a bit, but you can definitely tell its a Toro track.

^ i've been on that toro and beach fossils as well."how I know" on the new toro album is my jam. Hopefully pitchfork gives his album BNM since it was one of their own that leaked the album. those assholes.

also just started listening to OFWGKTA. diggin' it.

^ i've been on that toro and beach fossils as well."how I know" on the new toro album is my jam. Hopefully pitchfork gives his album BNM since it was one of their own that leaked the album. those assholes.

also just started listening to OFWGKTA. diggin' it.

Wish I could rep on "How I know" really like when he does this sort of thing. Reminds me of the studio version of "you hid"; kind of some late Beatles

OF is some good shit, but I get bored of the monotonous delivery those dudes seem to specialize in. Really loved Rolling Papers tho

I've been listening to the Blackbird Blackbird LP so much lately, every song is rather short but I think it's better that way

it's awesome and I totally recommend y'all pick it up

holy fuck i was reading your post while listening to toro y moi's cover of human nature and it was the part where he says "why does he do me that way" while i was reading "i think its better that way"

not exactly right but close enough.

holy fuck i was reading your post while listening to toro y moi's cover of human nature and it was the part where he says "why does he do me that way" while i was reading "i think its better that way"

not exactly right but close enough.

mind blowing moment swag

gonna have some footage & pics from the TENNIS/La Sera show monday. hoping to upload asap. gonna try and get that signed setlist while i'm at it.

ughhh, i h8 tennis so hard. offensively dulllll. la sera's alright.

VRylIufQuE0

this has been on repeat for the past two weeks. feel like im pretty late to this party though.

"tennis is offensively dull"

i won't argue against that b/c i can kind of see your point, but i really like their cd so i'm going to give them a chance in person. the thing that scares me is alaina switches up her vocals every show it seems. sometimes she's on point, other times she's completely off key. and i'm hoping those short bursts of upbeat tempo in most of the songs get the crowd going (ie "Marathon").

tbh, i've only heard a random smattering of their songs here and there, but my opinion mostly comes from seeing them live last august right after they started getting pretty hyped. And they blew, so i haven't bothered to give them much of a chance since it's not like their songs really grabbed me either.

speaking of other boring female fronted hype-ish bands, widowspeak sucks. I can't believe captured tracks is pushing them.

on another note:

damn, i've been watching some live marnie stern and was wondering who this dark-haired, female bassist is the whole time b/c she is fucking hot. then it hit me, it's malia james from "dirty laundry".

had no idea she was touring.

damn haven't checked this thread for a minute

I got to see lower dens and ducktails last week. ducktails was aight but they were drunk so it was funny; lower dens almost put me to sleep so i left early. Their recordings are light years ahead of their live performance imo.

still trying to get into new toro, and i couldn't listen to more than four tracks on the yuck album without getting bored/wanting to listen to pavement instead.

also not a tennis fan either, but this is coming from someone who never liked best coast so i guess that invalidates my opinion.

HELP CHILLWAVE THREAD I NEED NEW MUSIC

ok, went to the tennis/la sera show tonight. alaina of tennis apparently ended up getting sick before the show, so they had to last minute cancel. i was bummed out, was convinced the night would go downhill from there. it turned out alright, though. the holiday shores dudes were pretty piff, and la sera was great. bitch ass kids stole the setlist from me, but i ended getting the drummer's setlist anyway. katy (la sera) signed it for me and i got to chat her up. bought their vinyl.

tumblr_lhq7890CPW1qa3os8o1_500.png

tumblr_lhq7eo1uqY1qa3os8o1_500.png

Anyone else going to pitchfork?

Excited for AC, Ariel Pink, TVOTR, Deerhunter

was hoping for Neon Indian or Toro or Beach Fossils maybe but I suppose they might still be added

also +1 on overhyped female fronted bands

also not a tennis fan either, but this is coming from someone who never liked best coast so i guess that invalidates my opinion.

HELP CHILLWAVE THREAD I NEED NEW MUSIC

haha, I actually like Best Coast well enough. It's popular to h8 on her nowadays, but everything she made pre-album was pretty great.

There is no new music. 2011 is pretty boring so far imho.

Been listening a lot to this recently though:

http://diejungen.bandcamp.com/track/the-way-down