chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it was sold out. They let the last person in RIGHT BEFORE ME. Siiiigh... i did hear part of their set from outside.

Anyway thanks to those who hooked up the Radio Dept. link... need to cop discography asap.

damn, that sucks. i was also about to go to this

What are your guys thoughts on Phantogram? I feel like quite a few of their tracks fall into the chillwave/dreamwave genres. I got Eyelid Movies a little bit ago and overall I really like the album.

http://www.myspace.com/phantogram

hey, bros. i wrote a song. it's on myspace. liink in sig

rate it on the pitchfork scale in true hipster fashion

i let my friend listen to this song and didn't tell her who it was or anything that sort and she said she was diggin' it. My opinion is biased but I do like the song and i thinks it the best thing you've done yet. But it could use a little something else to spark it up a bit. overall, i give it a 7.4. ( and fuck pitchfork for giving toro a 7.6)

Lo-fi yeah?

http://www.myspace.com/nicefacetheband

The new Nice Face album is really sick. Think older (somewhere from the On Two Sides - The Fields era) Blank Dogs, a bit of Gary War, and add more punk and you get Nice Face. Really good, although the album is a bit uneven. Seems more like a compilation of various EPs and singles than a singular work.

Those descriptors (hipstercore/pitchforkcore) are dumb, for real.

Sure, the band is well-liked by a hipster contingent, but listen to Antidotes, they're easier to just simply classify as just a mathy/math-influenced indie rock band. I just don't see them as similar at all to the type of music covered in this thread (Memory Tapes, Neon Indian, etc.). Pitchfork doesn't even cover them much and gave the first record a mediocre review (5.9).

Especially "Spanish Sahara". Lots of post-rock influence with tinges of In Rainbows Radiohead and a bit of TOTBL-era Interpol, to me.

i agree the descriptors are dumb and they aren't similar to the others types of music covered in this thread. but i think we're just trying to expand this thread ya know? is there another thread that would better suit stuff like that? cause i'd be happy to post in there.

Lo-fi yeah?

http://www.myspace.com/nicefacetheband

The new Nice Face album is really sick. Think older (somewhere from the On Two Sides - The Fields era) Blank Dogs, a bit of Gary War, and add more punk and you get Nice Face. Really good, although the album is a bit uneven. Seems more like a compilation of various EPs and singles than a singular work.

i need to get this! didn't even know they had a new album. i loved the "can i fuck it?" cs and their track on the "wild about jenkem" comp

been listening to a lot of nothing people, nerve city, the super vacations and hobocop lately

washed out w/small black kills it live. chip, nice to meet you man.

nice to meet you too caleb. washed out w/ small black > washed out w/ no small black. the show was fucking awesome except for that god damn light that was behind washed out shit was way to bright. and i'm pretty bumbed i missed millionyoung.

the god damn light to which chip has referred. for my money, it struck the right mood especially after I got used to it. being up a little closer helped, too -- i can imagine it'd be tough to see much of anything but the light from middle distance.

Oh god I cant wait. I have my tickets for there show here in Dallas w/ Beach House.

P0F5l_VoWpw

the god damn light to which chip has referred. for my money, it struck the right mood especially after I got used to it. being up a little closer helped, too -- i can imagine it'd be tough to see much of anything but the light from middle distance.

i was in that middle distance so, i could see nothing. i just tried to use the dudes head infront of me to block it out but that didn't really work. nevertheless it was still awesome.

anyone got any links to some small black stuff?