chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

been listening to so much panda bear, reading rainbow, best coast and real estate lately. good bands, worst genre name.

oh and everyone should check out De Rol Le', super awesome. only a few tracks now but they all rule. look out for a full length soon.

http://www.myspace.com/pidgeot

check out "beach cassette jam" and feel like you are at the beach

best coast rocks.

I dig that lo-fi indie pop a lot more than most of the bands you guys have been posting in this thread (in regards to "chill" music)

i understand though. chillwave is different, and this thread is for chillwave.

im really into that stuff as well

im thinkin of renamin this to the Musical Trends Thread or The Hipster Music Thread so we can just talk about whats good at the moment. It changes so much that you would need a new thread every week otherwise.

anybody got any problems with this? it would be interesting to see the thread evolve

EDIT: then again without rules this thread would just turn into the What Are You Listening to Right Now thread.. fuck it.

EDIT2: I'm adding Lo-Fi to the thread title though

alright im an insomniac so i redid the first post to give kind of an introduction to the thread as it is now.

yes i linked to wavves' myspace. the guy is lo-fi alright

on another note, now that i have somewhere to post this: I have listened to Warrior by The Bitters probably over 100 times. It's just so damn catchy..

edit: also chillwave has a wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chillwave (i didn't make it)

^ couldn't really get into that, but i see the appeal. i'm kind of upset with music right now so i've been listening to a lot of japanese beatboxing and french hip-hop.

tumblr_kxdj4vaEUG1qb0fx9o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1267066031&Signature=1F59AWKbn7bv7oFbQHSigwztPDc%3D

sounder isn’t exactly sure what dubstep is, but is still complaining about the lack of it at pitchfork fest this year

^haha. i want to get into dubstep. i like zomby a lot. and pitchfork fest needs to update their lineup so i can decide whether im going or not before the damn thing sells out.

and ALL i want to listen to is some ORiGINAL FRENCH GANGSTA but the assholes won't put up any new songs. (hint hint)