chillwave, glo-fi, lo-fi, gorillavsbearcore, hipsterwave, pitchforkcore etc

Macwich

yeah i like the new toro album a lot. i'm going to see his other band the hiest and the accomplice tonight. its nothing like toro.

tsxsre i think a couple pages back theres a link to all of memory tapes stuff if you still need it.

Awesome! Thanks Chip!

OrrXrS8w2Z0

by no means do i find washed out worth my time, but that toro remix is gold gold gold.

also, if anyone is apprehensive about toro,

check out this track: "thanks vision"

Dope!!!! I'm gonna be honest I have been following this thread but have yet to really get alot of stuff

is toros stuff mostly like this?

Dope!!!! I'm gonna be honest I have been following this thread but have yet to really get alot of stuff

i know i've heard just about everything mentioned in this topic, but i still really only give respect to toro & memory tapes, as in, those are the only two who actually have music in my collection.

^^its on pitchfork dude

http://downloads.pitchforkmedia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Small%20Black%20-%20Despicable%20Dogs%20(Washed%20Out%20Remix).mp3

is that the samething as the january to june 2009 sampler?

cause i have that. i think it's just s show of things to come with both sides of his music(lo-fi and chillwave). he would hand them out at shows that he went to.

yeah im sure its the same thing; thanks for clearing that up.

fantastic.jpg

(click)

Washed Out's new mix:

1. Arch M – “Bedrm Band at Caf NVA (edit)”

2. The Samps – “Magnetic Thys”

3. Samiyam – “Wrap Up”

4. Toro Y Moi – “Brubek”

5. Koushik – “Homage”

6. Osborne – “Afrika (Bullion Remix)”

7. Iasos – “Inter-Dimentional Music”

8. Jack Nitzsche – “Untitled (edit)”

9. The Khalsa String Band – “Song of Bliss”

oh my shit, he's practically playing next door to me!

but can't see confirmation of this let alone book tickets.

and the date is just when all of my work is due :(

but i need to go

you do need to go!

i'll let you be my facebook friend if you do & take a shitty quality cellphone video of him playing "green knight" & post it on my wall

toro wasn't much of anything live, as much as I wanted to dig it. Chaz pressed the buttons and sang and swayed around up there by himself. Um. I'm really stretching for something more to say here, but I'm kind of at a loss. It would've been a different story if the crowd was feeling it, but they weren't.

Neon Indian, on the other hand, was really good -- almost incomparably better than when I saw them during CMJ week at the Topman party.