Just won these Prps on ebay

Luca5446

i agee w/ wild whiskey

people need to think about the consueqences of buying fakes

and also the piece of mind u lose, knowing ur wearing fakes

it just flies in everything SF stands for as well, in terms of knowledge, quality, supporting indepedent designers & boutiques

^

some ppl really dont care about wearing fakes.....................thats why theres a market for fakes.

and ppl that wear fakes couldnt careless what you think, that is why they are wearing them. you can say they are concious about brands thats why they are rocking fake stuff trying to think theyre real..............but how many of SF-er do you see on the streets going to look into EVERY detail like ppl on SF do? very few.

o well as long as your happy with what u get, thats all it matters.

its just like ppl buying fake bape stuff.

So, I got the jeans the other day, and will post pics alittle bit later, but I've done extensive research online trying to find and look at as many pics as possible to caompare the jeans, they look pretty close, there are a few things that you guys-experts with these jeans- will be able to notice, I do admit I jumped the gun on these and should have done more research, but maybe this will help someone else

Those are fake too. Sorry. Biggest thing I've found wrong with all of the bootleg prps....the graphics on the "leather" tag are wrong. Current PRPS tags have PRPS in purple script and their chrub with a crutch graphic....no japanese characters, no african dude on one leg......

Fuck....more shit to buy

Then perhaps you could care to explain these to us?

http://www.cmonwealth.com/products/prps/nonselvedge/nonselvedge.php

And also not to mention the fact that I had just gone to the beverly center in los angeles where I saw "up against the wall", "blooingdales", and two other high-end jean boutiques with PRPS' that had the rising sun tag w/ the african dude.

You might be thinking that the purple script tag is the only one that exists, however I have asked around and seen for myself that only the last collection had all their products with the new tags. Then again, even the chino's and cargos from PRPS have the smaller rising sun tags for spring '06 too.

hmmmm.....have to admit that I didn't see those exact pictures. I will check all of the prps that we have in stock tomorrow when i go to work.

I do know that PRPS has made changes to their basic jeans designs and to the tag over the years. A few years ago, the leather tag even had a little akdmks logo hidden on it.......

Not trying to claim that I know everything....just trying to be helpful

Fuck....more shit to buy

I bought a pair of the charcoal version of these back in November last year from Union in Soho when I was visiting NY. I paid about $240 for them which was reasonable enough compared to prices in England! Assuming mine are legit (they better be!), I spotted a couple of differences......the main one being the leather patch on mine looks more battered and mine just has a purple "PRPS" with a picture of the cherub (both of which are very faded). Also the waist adjusting press studs are bugging me, anyone who has bought these....are there 3 press studs to tighten the waist with or just 2? I will check mine but Im sure there are only 2!

www.benchart.co.uk

The patches on the non-selvedege differ with the finish. The 'aged' wash has a plainer logo and no graphics at all, like the selvedge. The one wash has the label with the african fellow, the PRPS logo in Purple and a red rising sun. I have no idea what the shredded version is rocking.

I seriously think that the " fakes" are cosmetic seconds that didn't make the grade and got chucked out but where spirited away before they could be destroyed. The washes are obviously not up to scratch when you look at the beautiful pairs on at full retail, but the details are too precise! Mean, who would have gone to the trouble of sourcing the right camo material for the pocket bags just so they can make $40?

IMO If you want to be sure about what you're getting when you buy PRPS, simply go to a reputable dealer

and buy them there.

You'd be surprised how good the fakes are getting. I posted a couple of weeks ago about Levi's fakes that were on sale at Urban Outfitters. THey came from a reputable source who'd previously delivered good shit, and they fooled the Urban Outfitters' buyer.

it's also a Catch 22 situation. Levi's don't want to tell too many people how to spot the fakes, because the fakers will then change the offending details, and fool even more people.

Quote:

I reckon if you've got the charcoal with the purple patch then you should have two adjustment tabs.

http://newton-store.com/?pid=621239

See if that link helps you out.

--- Original message by jaberz on Mar 10, 2006 03:38 AM

Cheer, they're the exact same pair I have. The charcoal ones I have seen on ebay have a different patch and 3 press studs!

www.benchart.co.uk

well I wasn't sure how to post pics so I started a new thread, so incase someone that was interested here is the link with the pics

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=9566

you know you maybe right that these maybe are ones that were f'ed up and someone snatched them up and is selling them, because alot of the detail is on the money, and the denim is thick and heavy

Then those should be looking like these: http://www.cmonwealth.com/products/prps/prps-charcoal/prps-charcoal.php

As mentioned earlier. The purple simple tags like you have on your pair of PRPS are aged-wash. Rising sun on the other hand is one-wash.

However, unfortunately I think that most, if not all charcoal PRPS w/ rising sun tags on ebay currently are fake. They all suffer from what I call "paper tag" syndrome, and also a dead giveaway is in high-res pics where they show the looming in just one direction, not both ways (criss-cross pattern on the fade).

They cost abt $95 just to make, so just look at the prices, if they are selling below $100 there is no way PRPS or the reseller can stay in business (unless they are stolen and counterfeit). These jeans sell between $200-$400. But, you should know this already cause you bought a super nice pair.

Gents

Unless you've tried a pair on before you buy online - they might aswell be fake!!!

I've two pairs of PRPS - two very different fits and differing lengths - how can you honestly believe your getting a bargain!!!

Don't just buy for the label - ensure they FIT, the DETAILING is what you want and the CUT is there and the DENIM is lush ....