Lofgren of Japan (Speedway)

RRLselvageDenim

Which vest is that?

I recently patterned a vest after the Lofgren vest and am in the process of putting one together made of Cone denim.

That's the indigo one huh? How's the fabric? Does it bleed?

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing

Edited by rnrswitch
Deleted photi

what jeans are those? nice one

RoyXCone.....

The scalloped shirt in black chambray. It is really starchy and stiff when new, but a good solid hot wash and dry softens it up and shrinks it a bit.

Edited by rnrswitch

• 2 months later...
Read on John's FB page that his store and office were hit by the earthquake...serious devastation. We should help get him back on his feet when things get back to normal...place an order with Speedway!

That really sucks that this has happened to him, John is such a great and helpfull guy!

Just today i received the Neal Cassady white pepper chambray and a Buddy Lee cap from him, i did shoot him an email but connections may be down.

Yeah...the quake was centered on Sendai where he's located...pretty scary stuff. Glad to hear he is physically ok at least.

You can order from him by emailing: [email protected]

His shop's website:

http://www.speedway-shop.com/

They also sell via ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Speedway-shop

He's a good guy and provides a great service.

from the horses mouth

From: "Speedway Shop" <[email protected]>View contact details

To: s########[email protected]

We're cleaning up after the earthquake right now. We're in Sendai, the city that got hit hard. Please don't reply to this, too many emails! THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! If I believed in a god I'd ask you to pray, but since I don't, fuck it! Haha...

John

www.speedway-shop.com

Speedway on Rakuten

Speedway on eBay

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:50:03 -0800

Subject: hope all is well

To: [email protected]

hey Rockin Johny Speedway

Hope you and the Lofgrens are all safe

From your Aussie fans

S

I just heard from John this morning and they are ready to ship, so please order as you normally would! If there is something that's not in stock, they will contact you back as soon as possible. Things are moving quickly over there, but they could really use the cash coming in. Speaking from experience, insurance companies move slowly (going through a claim on a burst drain pipe in my kitchen).

Got this bulk note from John this morning:

Hi,

We're cleaning up after the earthquake right now. We're in Sendai, the city that got hit hardest. My store, office and home all sustained a lot of damage. Our office should be up and running normally a few days only. We know everyone is worried and we appreciate it very much. For now we need to get the mess cleaned up so we can get back to work and our lives back on track. If you can afford it, donating a few dollars o the Red Cross wouldn't hurt.

The post office in Japan is fully operational too, so shipping is not a problem. Even though our shop was wrecked, over 90% of our stock made it just fine. Main damage was to fixtures & displays, not actual merchandise, so if you'd like to do a little shopping with us, we are fully capable of taking orders (and we could really use the support).

Read an interview I did with a California newspaper here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2011/03/14/2309767/sendai-survivor-qa-with-kingsburg.html

Thanks a lot, and a special thank you to all of those who emailed as soon as they found out about the quake and emailed to see if we were ok.

John Lofgren

980-0811 Sendai

Aoba-ku, Ichibancho 1-11-20

Oumi Bld. 4F

Japan

www.speedway-shop.com

Speedway on Rakuten

Speedway on eBay

• 2 weeks later...