Lofgren of Japan (Speedway)

RRLselvageDenim

• 3 weeks later...

I was getting way too much wear out of my persimmon dyed hunting vest and the indigo from my shirts had started to bleed ("fall" for you hardcore sufu heads) onto it, so I figured I needed another vest to "switch" it up. I picked up the pin dot vest.

I really like this fabric. It is hard to describe. It is kinda like denim in that when it is new and unwashed it is smooth and even, but after a wash it is real coarse and the yarns have tightened making the weave much more dense. Also, I can't quite get how this was woven. The pattern is a bit too complex for me to get my mind around it.

022small.jpg

019smallq.jpg

020small.jpg

A little fit shots:

This is it paired with the LofgrenXCushman salt n pepper work pants.Paired with my AB Elfelts and my other recent procurement: the Lofgren brown salt n pepper conductor shirt.

waywtd20101012frontlofg.jpg

waywtd20101012rearlofgr.png

I am not positive, but i think these can still be purchased through the speedway ebay shop.

Edited by rnrswitch

The salt n pepper conductor shirt. I think it has been mentioned in the workshirts thread a few times.

I can post some close ups of the shirt if anyone wants. I think John has some posted on his ebay site. They are probably done better than I can achieve. I think the price on this was like $135 shipped to the states. Can't quite remember though.

Edited by rnrswitch

^Please post some shots of the shirt. I have been curious about those. Any thoughts about sizing and shrinkage.

I can post close ups a little later. On sizing. I am about a 39 to 40in chest and I went with a 38 on this. John said these should shrink an inch in the chest. I can post measurements a little bit later as well.

I can post close ups a little later. On sizing. I am about a 39 to 40in chest and I went with a 38 on this. John said these should shrink an inch in the chest. I can post measurements a little bit later as well.

Thanks! Went to ebay to buy one and my size was sold out. Your fit pics convinced me to buy it. Hope there will be a restock.

Thanks! Went to ebay to buy one and my size was sold out. Your fit pics convinced me to buy it. Hope there will be a restock.

Check his rakuten site. There might be some left.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/ls-005/

• 3 weeks later...
First you order it just before me, then you rub it in by showing it here. Now I am super depressed. But I did order the Buzz Rickson version instead.

I was thinking about that Buzz shirt but went with this instead. You're not the only one I stole something from. I think I picked up a Mister Freedom sweatshirt that almostnice wanted

• 4 weeks later...

hey matt, thanks, and thanks for your latest posts on your great blog. the 1950s lee boss of the rod pants and the pics of joshua, i had the pleasure of meeting him last summer in NY. pity i missed grant there.

I also saw these pretty cool Lofgren shirts on his rakuten site. I would like to buy one, but I am a bit worried with the new import issues that were posted some time ago. Maybe I will ask him about those:

ls-007-1.jpg?_ex=300x300&s=2&r=1

ls-008-1.jpg?_ex=300x300&s=2&r=1

Just got an email from John at Lofgren and he said that he will have no problem shipping EMS. I guess EMS (Japan Post) gives priority to companies that do a lot of shipping and Speedway/Lofgren falls into that category so there are no restrictions for him.

Just got an email from John at Lofgren and he said that he will have no problem shipping EMS. I guess EMS (Japan Post) gives priority to companies that do a lot of shipping and Speedway/Lofgren falls into that category so there are no restrictions for him.

What are the restrictions they are imposing? I haven't heard anything about this yet.

hey matt, thanks, and thanks for your latest posts on your great blog. the 1950s lee boss of the rod pants and the pics of joshua, i had the pleasure of meeting him last summer in NY. pity i missed grant there.

Thanks Fardin! I've been busy lately, but will try to do some more posting soon. Keeping up with my day job has been tough lately.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up some lofgren recently. I have been waiting for sunshine to take pics, but I will most likely take some today when I get home. I picked up the scalloped shirt and the yellow plaid workshirt.