Lofgren of Japan (Speedway)

RRLselvageDenim

where the fuck is john? hes aint no posting here no more

I think he basically stopped for the same reason that bill stopped, because SUFU wants money.

fuck! stupid shit! didnt they know that john is no ordinary white guy that sells clothes in japan? same as bill they can help and teach people here on how to wear clothes right!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He is the easiest to work with and I believe he is coming out with more stuff under his own name.

I forgot to add that John has some nice t-shirts up for sale as well. I have picked up a few in the past and the shirts are some of the sturdiest tees I have worn. On par with Goodwear t-shirts.

I picked up the one on this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOFGREN-JAPAN-X-PAPA-NUI-USMC-MONSTER-MARINE-T-SHIRT-L-/390182238395?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad8ac78bb

I also saw that he posted a black salt n pepper conductor shirt up similar to the striped one I posted earlier.

Check his ebay account on page 1. He also has a rakuten site I believe.

really? where where???

Come check us out, we've recently did t-shirts, vests, workshirts and have workpants that will be here soon. I suppose I'll get kicked off for this post. If I do, it's been real gentlemen!

• 1 month later...

Just came into possession of these beauts:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/lp-002/

I will post pics when they are dry and I do a couple lunges to stretch them back out.

The "denim" is amazing. Not really denim cuz It is a plain weave fabric, but it is about 14oz and has a ton of character. I guess more like a heavy indigo chambray.

These babies are heavy and coarse. Not for the weak hearted. Gave them a good soak over the weekend and I know that John told me they should shrink a bit in waist, but I didn't notice much. Haven't taken any measurements and sure as hell did not take any prior to the soak.

The "denim" on these is crazy and because it is a plain weave it is much more crispy and prone to creasing (I learned a little bit from pacioli over in the Jeans of the Old West thread.) The should look great over time.

After a couple of days of wear.

013resizeh.jpg

021resize.jpg

Some detail shots.

016small.jpg

Selvage line

015small.jpg

Welted pockets:

019small.jpg

Selvedge waist band. Notice the felled butt seam

017small.jpg

And the macro denim of course.

020small.jpg

Some fit pics

The fit is pretty much the same as the salt n pepper pants that Lofgren has released, but this fabric is unlike anything I have seen before. I guess it is a sugarcane/cotton mix. Pretty interesting. I think John had mentioned he had more of the same fabric and will probably make more of these pants, so if you want some keep an eye out for them.

Edited by rnrswitch

switch! perfect fit, perfect pants!

quoted for truth, those are really interesting, I'm curious how they'll turn out

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I posted this in the work shirts thread. Might belong here better, but I think Lofgren is planning on making a scalloped work shirt down the road.

scallopedworkshirt.jpg

Looks promising. Would like to see what fabrics he will be using for this one.

He might need a little nudging to reproduce these pants in the same fabric. Give him a nudge. I am nothing but suggestions when I email him and he is usually pretty accommodating.