Lofgren of Japan (Speedway)

RRLselvageDenim

I'm not sure if this deserves a thread of it's own. I'll let you be the judge. I couldn't find anymore info about this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390090532278&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

There are some really cool pieces especially their work shirts. I found a link here:

http://www.myspace.com/shopatspeedway and http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Speedway-shop__W0QQ_armrsZ1

I have that shirt in a size 40. It fits well, although I would have liked if it was a bit longer. It tends to come untucked a bit when moving about.

Dude those guys have an ex girlfriend of mine as a friend on their myspace page. Man they really are hip.

Well, it seems like the size 40 fits a size 40 chest, which is what I am. It is a bit short, but around the chest it works fine. I would have gone with a 42 if I had it to do over again. I like to tuck my shirts in without the fear of them coming untucked on the sides.

Well, it seems like the size 40 fits a size 40 chest, which is what I am. It is a bit short, but around the chest it works fine. I would have gone with a 42 if I had it to do over again. I like to tuck my shirts in without the fear of them coming untucked on the sides.

Thanks guys, appreciate the fact that the shirt caught your attention. It's the first I've heard that it was a little short and came untucked. You're not 9 feet tall are you??? We just made another (and the last) batch of the brown chambray workpants, but this time with a 38" inseam to make up for the shrinking. We used real vintage textile found out in Yamagata prefecture, and wow, did they shrink. Had to recommend dry cleaning for the first run, but this batch will be fine. If you're interested you can have a gander at our Japanese site or we might have some on eBay soon.

ls-001

Do the shirts come any larger than 40?

They did, but are all sold out. We made them up to size 44, which I had planned to sell outside of Japan, and most were bought up within a few days of going on sale, to Japanese customers. Obviously someone isn't catering to bigger Japanese guys who want cool clothes.

Thanks guys, appreciate the fact that the shirt caught your attention. It's the first I've heard that it was a little short and came untucked. You're not 9 feet tall are you??? We just made another (and the last) batch of the brown chambray workpants, but this time with a 38" inseam to make up for the shrinking. We used real vintage textile found out in Yamagata prefecture, and wow, did they shrink. Had to recommend dry cleaning for the first run, but this batch will be fine. If you're interested you can have a gander at our Japanese site or we might have some on eBay soon.

ls-001

I am about 5'11", but the shirt fits fine. It is one of my favorites and I love the pocket watch pocket. It just rides up a little bit where the gussets are. I have been told that I have a long torso.

Do you guys plan on having any other railroad type work shirts made. I really like this look, but would love it in another color other than blue.

I am about 5'11", but the shirt fits fine. It is one of my favorites and I love the pocket watch pocket. It just rides up a little bit where the gussets are. I have been told that I have a long torso.

Do you guys plan on having any other railroad type work shirts made. I really like this look, but would love it in another color other than blue.

Oh yeah, we're doing it again. Just have a few other things in the works at the moment, workpants, mexican ring, t-shirt and a coat. If I use the same pattern I can whip out some in no time, but just have to clear my plate first.

Oh yeah, we're doing it again. Just have a few other things in the works at the moment, workpants, mexican ring, t-shirt and a coat. If I use the same pattern I can whip out some in no time, but just have to clear my plate first.

I think I have long torso envy... I made the shirt so the watch pocket was functional, and had the eyelet for the watch chain bar. The design was obviously going to confuse the average joe on the street, but those in the know I thought would appreciate it.

How much shrinkage can we expect with the chambray workpants?

Hi,

1 inch in the waist and 3 inches in the length. That's why we did this batch with a 38 inch inseam. That gives plenty of room to shrink, then go have a cuff put on them. See more pics: http://www.speedway-shop.com/product/792

• 2 weeks later...

These are ready right now, can ship any time: You can see them here: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/lp-001/

I got a message from a moderator, it looks like I'm not supposed to talk about products here though. I guess I crossed the line before, I need to go read the rules about posting. If I can't let people know about products, not sure what the point is...

Seconded. Looking forward to seeing these.

When can we expect this to happen?

These are ready right now, can ship any time: You can see them here: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/lp-001/

I got a message from a moderator, it looks like I'm not supposed to talk about products here though. I guess I crossed the line before, I need to go read the rules about posting. If I can't let people know about products, not sure what the point is...

I think they want you to pay them money so that you can have your own thread. A little weird if you ask me.

• 2 months later...

I picked up an 8 panel salt n pepper hat from speedway. Here are some picks. Not normally my style, but I think it looks good with a vintage style motorcycle jacket.

img0588on.jpg

It's got a nice little buckle for adjusting the size, which for a dude like me with a pinhead, is a must.

img0592gh.jpg

It also looks pretty good when it isn't buttoned down. It can give kind of a sailor or "wild ones" type look.

img0591nl.jpg

It has a nice leather rim too.

img0595p.jpg

This is a pick of me wearing it from the what are you wearing today thread.

editfront.jpg

All in all I really like it. It needs to be paired with vintage styled pieces otherwise it looks a little out of place, but the good thing is that it always works with dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt.

This is also a pick of the railroad type conductor shirt from Lofgren as well. This shirt is definitely worth the money I paid for it.

img0598hd.jpg

img0600az.jpg

img0601x.jpg

The shirt crocks a bit in the elbows and under the armpits. I believe with a lot of wear one can achieve honeycombs on the arms much like a denim jacket.

I like a lot of stuff that Lofgren has to offer. I talked to the owner and he says that they should be releasing a shirt with the same pattern as above but with some brown stripes. Also, those brown chambray pants are on my radar as I have been into chinos and trousers lately.

I most definitely do. I have a pocket watch with a T-bar chain. It looks great with the shirt.

• 5 months later...

Just picked up this hunters vest. It comes in many colors, but the brown denim jumped out at me. It just looks so uneven and vivid.

Here are the stock pics of the vest. The ones that sold me:

lv003a.jpg

lv003d.jpg

When I first received the vest it was as stiff as cardboard so I threw it in the wash and it looked great afterwords. Also, the denim looked like some of the persimmon dyed jeans that I have seen from stronghold. I emailed John Lofgren and he confirmed that it is in fact Persimmon dyed. I was surprised because most persimmon dyed garments are outrageously expensive. Like the stronghold jeans are $400. This guy came in at $169 with free shipping from Japan.

Post Wash pics

083resize.jpg

084resize.jpg

085resize.jpg

The front chest pocket lining:

087resize.jpg

089resize.jpg

vestbackresize.jpg

And here are some pics of the bad boy being worn:

waywt7242010.jpg

If you are interested the seller has an ebay account and sells this model for $169 shipped, but there are plenty of other models that he sells as well.