I Will Pay You 70 Dollars..

dino might

any macroeconomics wiz's in here?

ive got a presentation to do for class, 10 minutes long, on any topic involving macroeconomics.

i have not the slightest clue about macroeconomics. (i think its the jargon that gets me)

anyway, you give me a satisfactory entry level macro related report and i paypal you 70 dollars (i figured 50 was too low and 100 was emptying my pockets, though the amount is somewhat negotiable)

if you dont care to give me a report, at least an interesting topic i could research myself would be greatly appreciated as well.

PLEASE HALP!! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

intro macrohuh?

easy ones would be to talk about how the market forces of supply and demand work (what must happen to shift the curves Left or right)

another one could be talking about the difference between nominal and real GDP

talking about how unemployment is measured would work too.

another easy one is the different uses and kinds of money.

all these are pretty easy and not heavy on econ jargon (except the supply and demand one).

goodluck!

Guns and butter homie. Most simple concept ever (hopefully everyone else won't go for it also). Maybe others can chime in with some detail, but in short, countries (or different economies) have the capacity to produce "X" amount of goods (common example are guns and butter). Depending on the resources available to each country / economy, the costs of producing each good differ, and if they can produce either guns or butter for cheaper than another country / economy, they could sell their surplus for a profit or trade for what they cannot make as cheaply / easily. End result is the concept of specialization, easy to take it from there... If others are available, maybe everyone could chime in and fill in some specifics / detail to help build a decent report.

^yeah i donno about that one, i consider myself brain dead when it comes to macro and even still i thought that seemed a little too easy.

i dont think he's wanting us to explain/report on a certain concept of the study, but rather explain/apply how it is exemplified in todays world/economies

Dino - I tried to throw together the quickest, easiest macro concept you could easily expand on. I graduated from USF with a degree in Econ, and I'm sure others on here know as much or more, but it seemed like you wanted to keep it simple. If you want to get more in depth, I'd rap about exchange rates, especially now with the us dollar plummeting and how it affects imports / exports here and abroad. It'd still be pretty easy to talk about. The last thing you probably want is to dig into a concept you don't really get and look like an asshole when the prof asks a question... My 2 cents anyhow.

^definitely want to avoid looking like an asshole. hes an adjunct prof in a macro class at a fashion school so yeah, theres not TOO much expected of me, but id still rather have a better report than those of the bimbos in class beside me.

that latest topic you offered seems pretty accessible though..

other than all these suggestions, i thought up something like the informal economy and how its affected by fiscal policy, or how it undermines gdp etc...

garbage? or a worthy (and somewhat documented/available) topic?

Talking about fiscal vs monetary policy would definitely work, and there's a ton of current info available from interest rates and tax incentives to the injection of cash into the economy, and if you want to work further, how we will be able to take that surplus cash back out of the system to avoid inflation in the future.

If you want to keep it fashion related, you could definitley work the exchange rate angle and how imported goods based off the yuan or euro have made goods or materials either more accessable (sp?) to markets or more expensive.