australia :: general

TTT

hey guys!

after some help, i plugged my external hard drive into my girlfirends mac and now it want work on my pc???

do i need to reformat it while its attached to the mac or something along those lines?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

^ format as FAT32 on either mac or PC

MAC > HD >UTILITIES > Disc Utility >format to MS DOS hdd type

PC > right click hdd > format > quick format to fat32

Be aware though there will now be a limit on file size (4gb from memory) so no more HD movie rips for you D:

Looking to move from Canb to Melb with old friend who already lives there asap.

Is it hard to get a "new" apartment (aircon:) )? Or should I try not to be too picky and just move into a passable place?

Interested in ~ $450 a week properties in North Melb or Melb Museum to be near family.

Any help appreciated!

^ $450 per person, or total?

It's harder to get "new" apartments in and around the CBD, but the nicer ones tend to be the older ones that were built a little while back.

North Melbourne/Carlton areas have a few more student-fare places, but do consider the CBD as well - only a short walk to the surrounds and public transport is very easy.

haha I wish it was per person! I am limited to under 300 ea a week until I get equiv of my current job there.

I got told just now we are approved for a place opposite melb museum so the location is great but the house is just *okay*. I guess I have to decide whether to let it slide in favour of waiting for one of these nicer places or just move there for now to get established.

#firstworldproblems

depends on your urgency to move i guess. if your in a hurry get around the place opposite melb museum, that way you have somewhere to stay and can work out alternative arrangements if it isn't working. always easily to do that sort of stuff when your actually in melbourne.

otherwise if you have some time, wait for something that looks better. but that is always going to be pretty hard to judge if your just going by pictures on the internet.