australia :: general

TTT

raw afaik the heels on the slimmer boots is just a flatter version of the heels on the old boots. imo twist jeans look sloppy if the stacking/twisting starts above the knee, I'd stick with the FW09 version.

Yeah I had a think over it and decided to keep the 2009FW version. Thinking about getting a new belt, might get this in black:

JuliusBelt2009FW.jpg

With the new 2010FW engineer boots, the pic here makes it look like the heel area curves in more and thus has a smaller heel platform. Unless it's just the angle of the shot?

Julius2010FWShowroomBoots1.jpg

the FW10 engineers and slouchy boots don't have the same chunky goodyear welted sole as the older boots, they have a thinner sole with a flatter heel that still has a similar shape albeit not as tall. imo the aggressive last shape of the engineers is better suited to the previous style of sole, the slouchy boots look great with the slim sole though.

on second thoughts I probably wouldn't buy the rider even though I do like it a lot, the cut through the body looks a bit full for my taste. can see myself copping the nubuck mandarin collar though:

189681.jpg

congrats on the new position T! start my grad position tomorrow, as 50 mentioned to me it really is a new chapter in my life after spending so long studying. looking forward to it, should be interesting. :)

the interview with scoute was great as was faust's brief article. would like to see more IS pieces, wasn't blown away by what I've handled but I've only seen a limited selection.

raw I think you may be mistaken. ;)

out of curiosity has anyone checked out CM's new denim yet? they called me about it a few weeks ago but haven't bothered to drop by, kinda lost all interest in the brand tbh...

looks more like the texture of the leather to me dude but we'll see. ;)

01.jpg

CM called you? :P

i might go by CM on friday as its been ages since i went in. normally i wouldnt bother but they have a nice hoodie from the lookbook of SS10 and even though they are now into FW10 ill see if they have any of the summer stock left over.

i dont think it has horizontal darts and it was just a fold/crease in the leather.

let us know how sizing down on the moto goes for you deiv. I still think the chest fits true to size while the rest of the body is cut roomier for layering (the arms in particular, had to get the sleeves tapered slightly). that said the leather this season is particularly buttery soft so it wouldn't be too difficult to stretch it out with some wear.

Will be sure to let you know and glad to hear about the stretching. I take it you copped? Black? :D Congrats/good luck on all the new jobs guys!

As far as CM goes, if I remember correctly a few (or many) pages back (or was it the melb thread) someone mentioned most the good stuff had gone and only large sizes remain but correct me if I'm wrong.

good luck with your first day D! also congrats T on the new position, sounds amazing... might see you around smith street icon14.gif

CM called me a few weeks back and I ended up going in to try the jeans, expecting them to be too tight and not what I wanted. they were exactly that. the rise itself is only marginally bigger than the original lizzies and the denim used was lighter with more stretch. As for AW, after seeing images of the collection from paris, I can't say i'm too impressed. I mean I think the design itself is picking up but the inspiration is getting more and more recognisable.

I can't say one collection for AW10 blew me away entirely, there always seemed to be certain aspects that would jump out as a wtf. that being said there were some really impressive pieces shown so i look forward to seeing the collections dissected to individual pieces. although I didn't find much of BBS too exciting, this one jacket is a must-cop for me:

10.jpg

I'm trying to curb my purchasing but something always seems to come up at the wrong (or is it right?) time. Ideally I would be saving up, but once my balance hits a certain level I compulsively buy something. My goal this year is to buy some serious CCP gear.

Same.

Nothing interesting to get in terms of clothing now.. I am pretty happy with what I have atm, but waiting for my ccp gloves.. which it's taking ages.. and maybe a coat for the coming winter... but i am holding out for the 2010 collection, its gonna be crazy... really can't wait to see pics start to float on the internet.

Can't believe Campbell is gonna do like the 4th re-order from CCP from the 2009 collection alone... maybe it's ccp's 1 year per collection thats driving ppl crazy..lol

Those gloves are incredible. Are they free size? And what do they cost if you don't mind me asking.

Everytime Campbell re-orders I think I should jump on and order one of the raglan coats. But I think maybe I've been black balled from Darklands for the VAT 'discussion'. Last couple of emails have gone unanswered.

No, they are sized accordingly to 44, 46, 48 etc. What I am afraid of is that, CCP might use different leather on gloves, or the sizing may not be consistent.. some people have 1 sized up on these gloves.. because they ran really small when first try, but after awhile, the leather stretched and soften, some ppl suggested stay true to size.

Price it's under 1k.

Everytime Campbell re-orders I think I should jump on and order one of the raglan coats. But I think maybe I've been black balled from Darklands for the VAT 'discussion'. Last couple of emails have gone unanswered.

I have to say that's unfortunate.. how about Atelier? they have the coats as well.. I always deal with Satoru, he is quite responsive, but some time he take days..

or you can always borrow your friends name to get something from Campbell.. lol..

Received the moto today and I think you were spot on about the measurements D. It fits pretty tight across the chest and shoulders, tighter then I'd prefer when zipped up but the rest of the body width seems to be roughly the same as a size2 rider. Unzipped the jacket fits fine.

Ideally I probably shouldn't of sized down but with some wear I think it should stretch out fine. Only unfortuntely it's not gonna get any anytime soon cause it's so damn hot.

yeah I don't mind the looser fit through the body, one shrink wrapped leather is enough for me. haven't had a chance to wear mine out either, weather has been too hot and I'll be wearing "business casual" most weekdays for a while anyway...