australia :: general

TTT

Took the gf to momofuku for her birthday. it met all expectations. even the music selection was good. artwork was shit though.

Thinking about the lunch, wasnt sure if i could justify dinner there...

Reviews are good but not up there with Quay, sepia etc

my housemate and i are still looking for someone to move into our apartment (adelaide cbd) and we're getting desperate - is gumtree literally the only place you can post ads online? realestate.com.au and that ilk seems kind of useless unless you want to sell property.

Anyone been to the hunter valley? I have a wedding to attend in September and need to find accommodation. Any recommendations? Something simple and cheap, but nice. I don't want to do anything while I'm there, in and out etc.

stayed at nellys on deasys a while back

everything you want - simple, clean, cheap...

guys if you want to try momofuku on the cheap go at 7pm on fridays. they let you sit at the bar and have a small bar menu which includes the pork buns and all that jazz.

my personal opinion is that there's way better food in sydney for cheaper, but if you want to tick it off your list without paying the 300 a head or whatever it is then give it a go!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm looking to build one of those diy steel pipe racks. i went to bunnings to see what they have and from a quick estimation it will cost me $200+ to build one. if i remember correctly, people were building them at a cost of around $100. where are you guys finding the materials?

update: turns out i was looking at the 20mm pipes, hence $200+. i've just built one without a bottom bar using 15mm pipes sized around 1300mm x 1800mm. cost me $140, all from bunnings. it's not as sturdy as i thought it would be, a little wobbly. but i think it's partly due to the absence of a bottom bar. a center vertical bar in the middle would help as well being so long. threaded pipes and fittings are also a bitch to work with. to get the fittings facing the right direction and fitted tight, you will need to use some elbow grease or a hammer to twist them into place. if you have access to kee klamps, then i'd highly recommend those over threaded fittings.

Edited by swooc

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

do it! the gallery is meant to be amazing! this is top of my list of things to do when I am slightly less broke....

depends what you're into, the salamanca markets are great, and there are heaps of pretty incredible hikes and walks around Tasmania including cradle mountain and freycinet to name but a few.