australia :: general

TTT

Jcot: yeah hope so. I've been on the look out for new coated jeans for longer then I care to remember. Finally decided to check out the jap auctions and got something right away. I think I started something bad though as I am nearly pulling the trigger on a pair of Julius x Siva black sneakers on there too.

nice one homme, dbss jeans are dope. I want a pair of the darted matte black jeans from last F/W but they haven't made a similar pair since. FJ is dangerous, makes it far too easy to take out auctions haha.

saepnirg I just use ebay, the fees are higher but there are a lot more bidders so you'll probably make more listing it there anyway.

thanks for the advice guys. i'm not really looking to turn a profit or anything just really want to get rid of some stuff as i'll be leaving the country for good soon.

melbourne needs more fleamarkets. and none of that camberwell book 3 months in advance, set up stall at 5 in the morning kinda bullshit either.

yay i won

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h131926202

thanks DJI - fromjapan works great!

Speaking of recent purchases, Ive just kop this from yahoo auction japan

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b102481022

And after all the payments etc and shits, i just realized the seller did not guarantee the authenticity of this ro trainers. But it looks legit to me. Anyone?

saepnirg:

$0.99 cent starting price ebay auction and your stuff will sell no problem, and for more then you expect in my experience.

yeah that's what I do when I have shit I know I want gone, most of the time you get more than you would listing it with a BIN price. speaking of which I'll probably be selling one of these (with ram upgraded to 2GB + mouse & sleeve), if anyone on here is interested I can sell it for $400 AUD shipped. barely used (still has most of the warranty left too) but I'll be finished with uni soon so I won't need it, great little machine for the price though.

wtf you guys could really down them slurpies.

went to balmain for adriano zumbo's macaron day yesterday, shit was epic. bought several different flavors including bacon+maple syrup+pancake, chocolate foie gras, cheeseburger.

also anyone else playing dragon age: origins? pretty sure bioware is destroying my life. again.

I think it was his birthday recently...lots of new macaron flavours!

x-posting from the tokyo thread:

hey guys, heading to tokyo end of this month...

could anybody recommend me some dining/lunch/breakfast places in tokyo? i've been a few times already so i have some places to go back to, but i'm also interested in trying out some new places.

budget isn't probably less than 12,000 yen pp for a decent meal

thanks in advance

*edit*

area - staying in shibuya, so area isn't really an issue, but preferably reachable on the JR line.

type - ramen, sushi (already know about midori as it's right next to the hotel), izakaya, okonomiyaki (probably best to try it in hiroshima/osaka when i go)

derek i went to a few great restaurants - their names allude me but i kept business cards so i will look them up when I'm not so hungover.

one i remember off the top of my head was a great place at the base of Tokyo tower. every dish incorporates tofu or a soy product in some way and it is set amongst a japanese garden - traditional decor etc. the food presentation is brilliant, i know you of all people would appreciate that!

^ Why did I click on your blog before sitting down to my poor dinner.

Haha, sorry ... though we do aim to provide food pronolicious pictures :)

derek i went to a few great restaurants - their names allude me but i kept business cards so i will look them up when I'm not so hungover.

one i remember off the top of my head was a great place at the base of Tokyo tower. every dish incorporates tofu or a soy product in some way and it is set amongst a japanese garden - traditional decor etc. the food presentation is brilliant, i know you of all people would appreciate that!

thanks man! i'll definitely put it down in my enlarging word document with all the places i wanna try :)

anyone here into watches?

looking for a well made but cheap watch. classically styled. budget around 500?

don't know much about tissot, but this has caught my eye:

http://www.shoptissot.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=T41148353&Category_Code=mens_classic

might be a touch on the thick side at 9.5mm (girly wrist concept), and i'd replace the band with a nice black leather one. i imagine i can cop somewhere for well below the rrp.

suggestions? might need to check out how these things look on my wrist before i splurge..