australia :: general

TTT

I am 25. Feel old as dirt some days.

I just cop some more Herringbone and some Crockett and Jones this summer.

Resigned to StyleForum steez.

Wear sports coat with shorts and oxfords with no socks dis summer blah blah blah.

Want dat six large lanvin jacket at assin.

I had 2 other gents PM also, so that seems like a solid enough number.

Now.. japan or UK with the strong AU$?

when i proxied stuff from the UK it took their uniqlo about a week to get their shit together and ship it out, then about 2 weeks on top to get here. it'll definitely come out cheaper though, especially for a large order.

japan is pretty quick and i'm pretty sure hide-san only ships ems, but yeah you pay the premium. just get quotes from two places imo.

thanks NSNW. i dont follow music much these days. There is too much in the world with too little time to enjoy it.

Mmmm I feel you on that, it feels like I have so many bands undiscovered and I'm satisfied just sticking to what I'm familiar with, especially with the number of bands that will be coming over the summer.

All my clothes are falling apart :( the darting on drkshdws is ripping open, wtf they are like 6 months old. All i got now is like dickies are af1's, i feel like i've come full circle and im 16 again.

Will just hold out till i get to japan in 11 days and probably get an entirely new wardrobe probably.

Breaking up the silhouette is key, definitely mix up the layers, lengths and widths. Skinny fitted top to toe is usually an awkward look, leave it to the hipsters, fashion victims and sufu elementary.

No hate eversuns, just talking about jawns 2.0

Nah dude it's cool :) i have put on weight and those jeans don't suit me anymore. I will post better pics tonight.

the australia thread is dominating!

what's good for sunnies with summer coming up? i'm considering a pair of those con choroid plexus, but i think my head is a bit too big for them.

keep an eye on vintage shops would be my advice (works for me). then again, paying designer prices will usually guarantee a better product, faster.

LOL prob wasn't me I was at ANU today wearing my LUC beanie, white lame basic, n(n) bag & raw denim.

haha, naw dude was asian, definately reppin red wings and crossin near UC. What year/course are you doing anyway? You on campus or wha?

probably been covered at some point.. but i wanted to bring up the australian online stores topic... especially carrying sufu approved brands.. anyone?

this will yield a big list. Then again what is not approved?

haven't been checking sufu much coz been on holidays in US, liking this new thread

Nathan, 26, Sydney. I feel old now.

what labels would people like to see in Australian shops that aren't already represented? reason I'm asking is that I've got plans to open a menswear store in Sydney next year.

What sort of brands are you considering?

I wouldn't mind having somewhere to go besides Assin for RO and Ann D. Or maybe something along the lines of EM for us Sydney siders. I think there is definitely room for another high-end store in Sydney. The current ones rely on their existing, older, clientele to just pay sticker price out of habit. If you aimed at a slightly younger age, and bought appropriately, I think you would do very well. I mean Incu is still around.

p.s. Incu was on the news this morning for their Top Shop opening.

the store would be something along the lines of Incu but with a more focussed lineup of brands. Will be looking to cater to a similar market although the customers I will be aiming for will know what they are after and more sophisticated for a lack of a better word.

I've spoken to a few brands already and I'm not gonna to say who's on board just yet but South Willard is a good representation of the direction I want to head into.

haven't been checking sufu much coz been on holidays in US, liking this new thread

Nathan, 26, Sydney. I feel old now.

what labels would people like to see in Australian shops that aren't already represented? reason I'm asking is that I've got plans to open a menswear store in Sydney next year.

I think some of the brands that are only exclusively represented on the western side of the country would be a start. Like Damir Doma and I.S. It all depends on what you are interested in though..

edit: ignore this post then.. aha

Actually, i would love to see more Ann D stuffs. But im not sure since you are sydney based. But this is probably a biased opinion considering how much I love ann d and european fashion style so much. But most importantly, as a customer perspective I would love to be different from anybody else and probably you would like to stock something unusual which hardly seen in Australia (and obviously the stuffs they would want to wear because I reckon Australians HATE to bbe TOTALLY different from others) but also elegant and beautiful at the same time