What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Hahahaha I just knew you’d love it…

Them photos don’t lie do they

Such an opportunity for a beautifully brutal interpretation of my slightly more delicate narrative

Lovely stuff... that made me chortle...

Can’t help but sense a hidden yearning to explore the fascination that is Brid though… doth Mr Ooms protest too much?

Just imagine, a postcard post the apocalypse, inshallah, exploring the labyrinth of the promenade (sorry I couldn't take photos, it was as busy as, with no room to swing a camera phone)…

Donning Aladdin’s 'vintage' Type 1/2/3 hybrid… paired with well-worn Tender jeans… Keith Lo Bue handmade 1930s-esque ‘kiss me quick’ hat on head… what a WAYWT indeed...

What a time to be alive...

Edited by MJF9

I went picking Sloe's (the fruit of the Blackthorn) to make Sloe Gin.. featuring sleeve of Mister Freedom

fullsizeoutput_2944

...found in most British hedgerows... they're best left on the bush for as long as poss to ripen, if you find a good spot keep it on the d-low so folks don't swipe them fo' they're ripe.

IMG_9992

I collected 2kg,

fullsizeoutput_2945

Traded half of them with the neighbours for apples

IMG_0097

Middle class wankers claim that you need to prick each Sloe individually with a silver needle but this is all bollocks, just chuck them in the flippin freezer and when they defrost the skins will split releasing all the sloey goodness...

Chuck 500g of Sloe's in a jar

fullsizeoutput_294a

Pour in a litre of Gin, it doesn't need to be good gin shitty old Gordans will do..

fullsizeoutput_2949

Pour in 200g of sugar

fullsizeoutput_2948

Store somewhere cool and dark (cellar)

IMG_0100

...give it a gentle shake twice a day for the first week or until all the sugar has dissolved then just turn it once/week for the next 3 months for a nice winter warmer on those cold February evenings

4 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Such an opportunity for a beautifully brutal interpretation of my slightly more delicate narrative

of course i dearly wish it was my own, but i merely exquisite corpse it from the bard-that-doth-protest-too-much of brighton-le-sands 'imself, moz!

9 minutes ago, unders said:

Those wellies look like Hunters...

They are indeed..

fullsizeoutput_6db

..they're 20+ yrs old and made in the UK, our old neighbours used to go away for months at a time so my mrs would look after their cats, water the plants and such... one year they bought her those wellies to say thanks, which was really kind of them.

10 hours ago, unders said:

That’s a real nice touch. And far too elaborate a story to make up as an excuse for owning middle-class wares! I vote for man of the people. 

Near where we used to live were two cafe's, one was a wooden hut on the allotments where you could go buy their excess produce.. you could get a decent cup of tea or coffee for 70p, chipped cups, wash your own pots type of establishment, the other is a stately home, afternoon tea type of affair for moneyed pensioners in pastel trousers. The boy liked to swing by here for a small tub of their exorbitantly priced ice-cream, it was served on a china plate with a really nice spoon, he prefered the plastic spoon you got free under the lid so when he wasn't looking my mrs would sneak the posh spoons into her bag.

When she called at the allotments for a cup of tea she woulkd sneak them out of her bag 'incognito like' and into their cutlery tray, and vise-versa she did the old 'spoon-switcheroo' for the tea-stained 'allotment' spoons when she went for ice-cream (hopefully neither establishment realised what was occuring) She liked to think she was making the world a nicer place, one spoon at a time... guerilla-equality :)

• 4 weeks later...

my days off from work start with a walk around ‘town’... todays route featuring some remnants of the old powder factory (owned by Giant Powder iirc)

E8F8EE9C-5261-49B6-981B-BC1AAD3682A7.thumb.jpeg.af5f4c4a434503914650d5b5bbde522b.jpeg

4A1A9935-B5A5-4444-8D3C-52735E034AA1.thumb.jpeg.3df3ff43a761a4e80a8c3bed8d3e2f53.jpeg

powder press

ADC81D96-9865-4325-BDAD-4B48BD465511.thumb.jpeg.1106657fa7383e8bbccab47e890ae5f2.jpeg

C8EBE1DE-538F-4035-BA16-045F67E6A7DF.thumb.jpeg.3cbbf34eddd59138b69b835b1285baec.jpeg

this is what u’ll see as you get closer to the old yard. the REALLY cool stuff got knocked down over a decade ago. why??? lots of cool history in this area leading up to the war

72C3319B-F6FD-4841-B3EB-7081AFAEFE3D.thumb.jpeg.21ccc7f9095b5946371dc8ab6814e29b.jpeg

okis 

8A5F2568-C303-4CDF-B798-4ED8D31F89F3.thumb.jpeg.fd41b1c87bf8ffb433e73d8142151a5e.jpeg

neighboring city of Hercules has lots of neat flyers like this you might find at your mom and pop’s mom and pop’s place if they grew up around here. I will head there for you all next adventure

601474DC-66D4-4CDF-92CD-6210DE49ED5F.jpeg.dc32124f99413c1ce438b06cbbfdc065.jpeg

Nicely done scoobs, here's a more recent factory explore from a couple of years ago..

This was Castmaster Roll, a vast steel founders which went into administration with the loss of 80 jobs and owing more than £500,000 to creditors.

fullsizeoutput_384

..this is how it looked at 7am

fullsizeoutput_2a3f

..getting in was a bit tricky :ph34r:

This is where two huge furnaces were positioned (sold for scrap) the only sign of their existence are the white ceramic liners that you see smashed on the ground.

fullsizeoutput_2a4c

The foundry produced a range of steel, iron and special alloy grade rolls, discs and sleeves, they began making gas lamps more than a century ago and became a roll maker about 95 years ago, Castmaster was one of the UK,s last remaining suppliers of steel rolls.

fullsizeoutput_2a42

fullsizeoutput_2a4f

I climbed up into the overhead crane, well it would be rude not to, here are the controls..

fullsizeoutput_2a4b

from the crane drivers perspective

fullsizeoutput_2a53

a casting pit

IMG_0584

..industrial scales for weighing out your ingredients

fullsizeoutput_2a4d

..up into the offices

fullsizeoutput_25c

Hmm, i'll risk it

fullsizeoutput_17c

fullsizeoutput_3c9

IMG_0521

..out into the yard, featuring angle grinder, Sugarcane M41001's and Chucks

fullsizeoutput_66

..into the medical room, Damian Hirst would charge you half a million quid for something far more contrived than this.

fullsizeoutput_2a47

fullsizeoutput_4f7

..eye test? fragments of metal in the eye is an occupational hazard, if you don't get it out your eye can rust up, no shit!

fullsizeoutput_2a46

^small cock :) grow up!

IMG_0564

fullsizeoutput_2a51

Deep underneath the building i found a well preserved WWII air raid shelter built to protect the workers during the blitz which was a reminder of how the steel industry was targeted by enemy aircraft trying to stem the flow of munitions for the war effort.

fullsizeoutput_778

...and the room left by the administrators, a report revealed that between their appointment in October and the 5th December the administrators claimed costs of more than £324,000 for handling the work :ohmy:
fullsizeoutput_457

More than 140 local and national companies are still owed money in the wake of the collapse.
The site has since been cleared and sold off for re-development...

Haha! Square grand pianos. They're about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Cool spot though.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally paid a visit to Middle Child sandwich shop in Philadelphia for my birthday lunch. If youre ever in the area, cant recommend it enough. Eating the "So Long Sal!" here (Salami, prosciutto cotto, onion, sharp provolone, house dressing, artichoke spread, arugula, on a hoagie roll).

stevenson type 2 and fullcount 1101w

IMG6346255890334450915.jpg

Edited by Suitedupmon