What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Hey JDelage, we have osprey here at the lake. They swoop out of the sky directly into the water and come away with a fish, a sight to behold. I have edited the original post and included my friend’s thoughts that it’s a red shouldered hawk. My lousy photo using an iPad Pro from distance doesn’t show it but the mottled feathers and other markings seem to suggest the hawk. Thanks for your input.

Hawk seems right.

Interesting tidbit about ospreys: they are (one of) the most well distributed bird of prey in the world. They're found in most places around the world: Amerticas, Europe, Africa,Asia, etc, etc. We have a healthy population here in Seattle. I've seen them being harassed by eagles on occasion.

• 1 month later...

Trip up to the North East of England 

Stop en route to pick up new belt from Charlie at Equus Leather 

Charlie's workshop is in Darlington, County Durham, off the beaten track in the roaming countryside 

Shots of the Equus workshop building

The leather makers in action - a chap on belts, a lady making watch straps (no pic)

I got a slightly slimmer belt at 1.25” (for chinos mainly, hopefully works with jeans too)

British Racing Green. Beautifully soft and supple. Satin west end roller 

Lovely belt at a good price point. Can see myself returning in the future

Thanks @lance for the recommendation!

2019-08-12 15.40.27

2019-08-12 15.38.44

2019-08-12 15.37.572019-08-12 15.39.19

2019-08-12 15.15.05

2019-08-12 15.36.57

Edited by MJF9

• 3 months later...

Some pictures from our SF trip last week, I'll keep the Roy photos to the Roy thread but this is everything else!
Hotel reminded us of The Shining.
pMZe70X.jpg
o39Krox.jpg
MYGNiK5.jpg
SBwVgR8.jpg
Cw6coGG.jpg
zy1H5Ea.jpg
cprmvfJ.jpg
SSnRind.jpg
XmkMAuZ.jpg
sWlVXdL.jpg
1gPstWm.jpg
h238rEL.jpg
1wYEwuh.jpg
bvnR3Uq.jpg
LVdB78C.jpg
Mi88he9.jpg
9x8RPXr.jpg
Even thrifting in SF is better!
hPoPuc7.jpg
KjFtNrq.jpg
Tiby4fR.jpg
zp3kt6V.jpg
0e238uZ.jpg
cJB7pYF.jpg
uC6ml6V.jpg
RhjKB2M.jpg
xU6Bbna.jpg
0itJRdl.jpg
4V2gCiw.jpg
f8v5RIq.jpg
DyWPv81.jpg
GstXg95.jpg
SzSAjY3.jpg
s8ww3Xf.jpg
This photo just makes me sad. :sad:
OelEF6D.jpg
YdkVBD6.jpg
gVf0yCz.jpg
cmIJS4U.jpg

What are my jeans doing today? Hiding from the marauding horde of geese breaking down the walls, that’s what! These guys are beating on the sliding glass door and raising hell!  I’ve already fed them (mistake) but obviously, not enough! Ah well 

FA668F1C-6220-4192-9BE7-3854341DC1AC.thumb.jpeg.f352331df72768d0c420c9dba65c0793.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Trip up north to Newcastle for a few days with the family to break up the holiday, my little girl snapping away from her android

Antony Gormley’s Angel of the North – 20m high, 54m wide of weathered steel dominating

The Tyne Bridge with the River Tyne flowing out to the North Sea - no fog on the Tyne but plenty of silvery skies (if you use your imagination) and crisp, dry weather for brisk coastal walking

The Millennium Bridge's curves from the viewing platform at the Baltic Art Centre (with St James Park, home of Newcastle Football Club, on the upper far right for the eagle eyed)

Tynemouth Priory and Castle ruins overlooking King Edwards Bay, home to Riley’s Fish Shack serving tasty, predominantly local, seafood – great relaxed set up on the beach, well worth a visit whatever the weather

Plus bloke wandering around in double denim (triple if counting the chambray)

201912 Newc1.png

201912 Newc2.png

201912 Newc3.jpg

201912 Newc3a.jpg

201912 Newc4.png

201912 Newc5.png

201912 Newc6.png

201912 Newc7.jpg

201912 Newc8.png

201912 Newc9.png

19 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Geeman Congratulations!! Now that is a proper Christmas present! Best wishes - hope Mum, Dad and baby are well!

I think the 'what have my genes being doing today?' thread would have been more appropriate though :P

Cheers dude

Oh wow! Didn’t know it was yours, congratulations for being a dad (again) and geewoman too of course, who must’ve played a part somewhere! It’ll be a bit more painful on the ole joints this time around :laugh:

Really pleased for you all, great news.

On 12/30/2019 at 2:39 PM, Broark said:

Waiting for my car to be towed. Think I’m about done with Porsche...

CD92F39A-4049-4630-AD76-FC75C4D80E3B.jpeg

This is why my wife and I gave up on BMW. Went back to Toyota and Honda to find out that they are no longer the reliable manufactures that they used to be in the 90’s either. Too many bells and whistles these days I suppose. 

6 hours ago, SuperJackle said:

This is why my wife and I gave up on BMW. Went back to Toyota and Honda to find out that they are no longer the reliable manufactures that they used to be in the 90’s either. Too many bells and whistles these days I suppose. 

The service costs once out of warranty are a bit concerning, found out the total bill yesterday for the repair and it's a bummer. Not as bad as I had expected though.
Not jumping ship yet, but might be time to start thinking about a new car if this becomes a regular occurrence. Had an '05 Honda Accord before this and it was very reliable.

4 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Here in the UK all Porsche drivers are considered to be wankers so good riddance i say!

:D

Not sure if the connotation carries over as strongly in the US, I'd say more people associate BMW drivers as wankers but I could be wrong. ^_^