What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

@all thanks everyone for all the good wishes. brush with death was hairier than unsinged denim but as some of you have pointed out, the prognosis seems to be rosy for stented heart. fingers crossed. hoping to post more waywt/evos/denim ponderings for a while yet. perhaps even join another tour! cheers and happy xmas and new year! 

@oomslokop - get well soon! sending well wishes! scary stuff! look after yourself! life is a fragile and fugitive thing; keep going! 

forgot to send this to you: went to see the Natasha Tontey you mentioned at auto-italia back in autumn; it was pretty rad: inside was the film looped [pretty fine work imo]: but nice nice mural outside too... thumbs up from the uk

r0p02qQh.jpg

@julian-wolf solidarity and fingers crossed for the negotiations; the ucu strikes in the uk are ongoing too. my participation in strike actions on this recently has been absolutely motivated around the treatment of the upcoming researchers and academics; the university system as it stands now with precarious contracts for tiny fees that ask for cornerstone work by those without permanent contracts is burning the university of the future... 

@bartlebyyphonics Thanks—& thanks, as well, to all others who have shown support publicly & privately.

After two more weeks (for which I’ve been out of town, so no credit to me), and after having entered mediated negotiations, the UC has made offers to both groups of graduate students to which both groups have tentatively agreed. The offers include some very significant concessions. I was in the [minority] camp suggesting strongly that we accept the last round of offers, a couple of weeks ago, and clearly that suggestion was overly pessimistic. It feels good to have been proven wrong, on that front.

What remains is ratification of the contract by the unions, which is done by democratic vote by all members across the state. This is where internal union politics increasingly come into play, but the overall mood is hopeful. The votes close at the end of this business week, so we’ll know soon. Fingers crossed.

On 12/18/2022 at 8:29 PM, julian-wolf said:

What remains is ratification of the contract by the unions, which is done by democratic vote by all members across the state. This is where internal union politics increasingly come into play, but the overall mood is hopeful. The votes close at the end of this business week, so we’ll know soon. Fingers crossed.

(We won!)

13 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Looking towards Hope Cement Works from Stannage.. there was smoke coming out of the chimney on boxing day!

fullsizeoutput_378a.thumb.jpeg.00256e3b506cdc69288a49aaf7e1f751.jpeg

Stopped for a clementine.. looking towards Carl Wark.. featuring 25yr old Lowe Alpine fell running pack

fullsizeoutput_378d.thumb.jpeg.a4603feef72f929421ee85a9e5b35839.jpeg

Will i get disqualified if i wasn't wearing jeans?

Any climbers up there ?

• 3 weeks later...

Took my WH 20's tux for a spin at work this morning, albeit worn under warmer outer clothing. Minus 5 Celsius but a beautiful sky as l did my rounds, so thought l'd share these pics here..

When l got home l grabbed the axe and split up all the dry logs ready to make room in the wood store for some more ash that l'm going to bring home from work.

Bonus pix of work attire.

20230122_075120.jpg

20230122_092339.jpg

20230122_075146.jpg

20230122_075618.jpg

20230122_112823.jpg

20230122_140838.jpg

20230122_140715.jpg

Edited by Dr_Heech
Spelling

^Yes Neal/ @Double 0 Soul, a modern version of "guess who" would be absolutely massive nowadays in order to accommodate the miryad of possible things that everyone identifies As, plus modern woke peeps would be on your case for marginalizing spectacle wearers and ginger nuts etc. The world (unfortunately) has become one giant clusterfuck. 

Incidentally, my 15 year old son and l play chess sometimes when we get together. I'm suprised there hasn't been more of an uproar to change the colours in that game so that they are more diverse or inclusive.

Edited by Dr_Heech
To add @ thingy