What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

..my view

fullsizeoutput_3587.thumb.jpeg.5a08f76c54f48711d98e3b194aa51477.jpeg

..hiked to Su Stampu de su Turrunu to stand under the falls

fullsizeoutput_3573.thumb.jpeg.e8325452323e310b5697486b2f930e82.jpeg

.. it hasn't rained here for so long (it was 47°C in the car this morning) it was just a trickle when we got there :(

fullsizeoutput_3586.thumb.jpeg.7753dfd8b1be02a51b3f246f8c886c9d.jpeg

..upped my beer game to Non Filtrata

IMG_0453.thumb.JPG.ff30e58d92da95d812d3eb6ed4cb5a93.JPG

..kid caught a gecko

fullsizeoutput_3585.thumb.jpeg.fcd8c86dc76c4df3907cad58429aa16c.jpeg

.. when we got to Cagliari, i'd pre-booked a hire car with a GPS but they didn't have one spare so refunded my £47, we ended up using google maps on my Mrs's phone to make the 2hr drive into the mountains, which of course kept losing connection but we eventually made it..

..the car has a moniter so we've been using the GPS in the phone via usb therefore i can't see a full route planner only the route ahead on the moniter.

In the UK, If i make a wrong turn using my TomTom, it say's "do a u-turn" but this just redirects and it pops up on the screen "19mins slower... 6mins slower ect" anyway... one evening, 2hrs away from home with half a tank of fuel, i took a wrong turn on Strada Statale 198 (which is a chalenging mountain pass in itself) and the GPS redirected during one of It's moments of lost connection (it loses connection on the regular when driving between mountains on remote passes) and we ended up hopelessly lost on single track (to call it a dirt road would be too complimentary) i couldn't turn around but thought the nav would reconnect .....at some point.. it usually does, to the passenger side was a sheer drop of 300ft with no kerb..

It scared the fucking shit out of me but for the sake of my kid, i was staying calm.. it should have been a 1hr 46min drive, it turned into 4hrs, most of which without GPS, it was 37°C, we had no water, i had to turn the aircon off to save fuel, we had to clear rock falls from the road so obvioulsy we were the only ones stupid enough to take this route for some time at least in a fucking Fiat Panda Hybrid B) i had to move cows with horns from the track, move donkeys, goats..we were losing the light, i've never been so happy to get back to a road, every corner had to be taken super carefully, my mrs and kid outside the car, directing me over boulders, a flat tyre out there with no phone signal or water.. we'd be fucked!.. ..and folks in the UK need a LandRover for the school run?

..anywho, i love this damn car!

fullsizeoutput_3582.thumb.jpeg.99f3318b799b26079768d2129a0ad192.jpeg

..this is Sadali, part decaying, part returned to former glory by the young hip urbanites who've moved out of the cities.. murals on every corner, some folks still get around on pony, some in suped up Fiat 500's or Vespa GS :D

fullsizeoutput_3580.thumb.jpeg.916a69944a1f4125fc091f46aab79537.jpeg

..what 30 quids worth of gelato looks like

fullsizeoutput_3583.thumb.jpeg.9bb215c8bf9589ecdba53920e83097f0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3584.thumb.jpeg.0c753fce8f872b5f0b038da60a6ad921.jpeg

...food tastes better here and people are just lovely, they're so kind and generous, some random dude gave us courgettes, turns out they only really want the flowers. My mrs is astounding the older generation Sardinians with the speech translate android app :D

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Thanks @pomata during the harrowing drive i'd welcome any sorrow you've got going but i find.. once you're safe there is a certain masochism which makes you.. i suppose glad it happened wouldn't be quite the right term, but happy we came away unscathed and if you don't risk it every now and again, you never have the crazy stories to tell the grandkids :D

ie- my kid remembers us getting lost in the Peaks on a night hike and having to go to a farm to ask directions much more vividly than any pleasant hike we've been on!

It's a well made book, quite interesting to see the different kind of twills visualized.
And very nice with the denim cover and the little denim tray that is included.

That said, as I'm uncluttering I have one like new to sell. Sending from Germany. It had cost me around EUR 50 with shipping, customs, etc.. DM me, if interested.

Rylan Clark-Neal is looked upon as a god in the village of Seulo!

fullsizeoutput_3589.thumb.jpeg.6eedbb97b22e55fcd0090b005aeae488.jpeg

After all the bad news in the media i was a little apprehensive about our flights, on the way out we were flying from Manchester to Schiphol to Cagliari with KLM and on the way back.. Cagliari to Charles de Gaulle to Manchester with Air France, i booked the flights before all the recent chaos, we only had 1hr to transit CDG/Schiphol so it had to run like clockwork and it did!.. it couldn't have been any smoother.

When we were boarding in CDG, we were already seated and our 3x North Face packs (we always travel light) were in the overhead, the plane was filling up when a bunch of ill mannered chav scousers got on carrying cases, one pink, one faux-Louis Vuitton, tourist tat under their arms, a large plushy penguin wearing a cowboy hat and a battered old Chanel carrier with their duty-free, they couldn't find anywhere to put all their cases together so just started moving our packs to different compartments to make room for theirs.. wtf!  so i said "don't touch our bags..put it back!" we've got to put ours somewhere init.. "i appreciate that and if you would have asked nicely.. i might have even moved them for you" then for some bizarre reason they said "you need to get your life in order" what?? folks around the world have this impression of the polite downton-esque British and it's so fucking far from the truth.. i bet Europe are glad to be shot of us! :rolleyes:

..anywho, my perma-stoned 18yr old neighbour has been living in our house while we've been away looking after our cat.. think i'll get her a house plant to say thanks, what else do you buy 18yr olds?

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:
..anywho, my perma-stoned 18yr old neighbour has been living in our house while we've been away looking after our cat.. think i'll get her a house plant to say thanks, what else do you buy 18yr olds?

Perma-stoned, plant, sounds like you know what to do aye

If she wasn't the daughter of my neighbours.. i would!

She likes a Solero so i put some in the freezer and on the ice-cube trays i left a couple of little Simpsons style post it notes saying 'Fill Me' 'With Water' i'm hoping she got it.. then again, that episode probably went out before she was even born..

..still seems relevant to me :unsure:

Edited by Double 0 Soul

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:
a bunch of ill mannered chav scousers got on carrying cases, one pink, one faux-Louis Vuitton, tourist tat under their arms, a large plushy penguin wearing a cowboy hat and a battered old Chanel carrier with their duty-free

That’ll be @MJF9 and his pals returning from a stag weekend!

12 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

T'was my first thoughts too but there was 2 lads and 2 girls, the girls being by far the most aggressive :D

..before we even to to our gate number in CDG, i said to Sarah.. "this lot look British" am i guilty of racial profiling?

You’re guilty of not being sufficiently specific

12 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

T'was my first thoughts too but there was 2 lads and 2 girls, the girls being by far the most aggressive :D

..before we even to to our gate number in CDG, i said to Sarah.. "this lot look British" am i guilty of racial profiling?

I would see it more as an acknowledgment that only in Britain can you find the platonic ideal of chavdom

5 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

The house is positioned here Mike.. in the south of Sardinia? seems like a geographical perspective you could symperthise with :D

Well you’ve answered a question I didn’t mean to ask but you’re right - anything below Porto Cervo is the ‘south’ :D 

All I meant was you weren’t being specific when you were racial profiling … that lot you met did seem to be very English (rather than British) ;) 

Sorry @Duke Mantee blame my tiredness.. i got up to the alarm clock this morning.. only problem, it was the alarm i set for the airport so i haven't had much sleep and i'm slightly hungover :D

I meant the position of the house we stayed in the south of the country has a geographical resemblance to the position of our house in the north of the country which i thought you would appreciate :)

Why i chose to reply to your previous statement, i don't know.. blame beavertown brewery and the offer at Tesco..