What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

I got a headtube badge for my Pace this week, the original versions were just foil with a sticky back, a friend of mine made some for me minus the stick so i never got around to using them.. i found some dude was making/selling pewter versions via facefuck.. being a fb o'phobic i asked another friend to order me one.. £20 inc p+p..bargain! I thought it was going to be shit for that price but it was lovely!

Only problem was, the adhesive pad on the back was a little bit too thick for my liking, making the badge protrude too much from the frame

fullsizeoutput_3544.thumb.jpeg.17bfea92dcd70d6cfce3a3aa0e0b9688.jpeg

..so i peeled it off.. made a wooden former to the headtube dia to ensure a perfect fit

fullsizeoutput_352d.thumb.jpeg.f7bf9ba1b3d2669ff07aef590e4a2216.jpeg

..decided to stick the badge on with contact adhesive so as not to damage the frame but i was only going to get one shot to get it perfect.. i used masking tape to tape one of LazyS's stickers (of the second best cat in the world..or maybe 3rd?) to the former using masking tape, put the head badge over the top and carfully cut around the edge with a scalpel

fullsizeoutput_352f.thumb.jpeg.6863c0c3ccafba044cf8690160015a06.jpeg

Used the inner part to register the badge in the pefect position on the frame then stuck the outer part over the top

fullsizeoutput_3528.thumb.jpeg.6176acf91ded08f233e2bf181da8767a.jpeg

peeled the inner part away leaving a stencil to apply the contact adhesive, also putting a thin layer of contact behind the badge

fullsizeoutput_352e.thumb.jpeg.5e408b7049cc0a7a9a134d8ee2aeccc9.jpeg

..stuck the badge into the sticker template and pealed away the stencil with no overspill

IMG_3993.thumb.JPG.3965a9035cf305c2f3df0fea4858923b.JPG

To quote Stranger Things.. "Shhmakin"

fullsizeoutput_352a.thumb.jpeg.e25b16f10161e1ffd3d69aef452670d8.jpeg

IMG_3999.thumb.JPG.f1e86541791415cd401cd8a846ddf0e2.JPG

69EDD860-2BE9-4816-A928-607B1F3BCCC9.thumb.jpeg.5af3057ad4b41a6518f981ea8b120192.jpeg

Every change of season I must readjust the neck release on my bass to avoid fret buzz. Finally found some time to do this relaxing and rewarding operation.

E400AC7C-99B2-42C6-83E0-536A4F61C02B.jpeg

30EC420C-C3B3-4276-BFD9-CB55C6362461.jpeg

C0871B1A-A01C-4553-9F75-27EF17BF3714.jpeg

Edited by pomata

Well, last night... very peculiar being about in a crowd... not sure if anyone else gets this now

Plus it was clear non of them go on Sufu :)

Great venue - a Georgian cloth mill dating back to 1779, repurposed for shopping and events... works well

20220708 Primal Scream 0.jpg

20220708 Primal Scream 1.jpg

@MJF9, yes, I still find myself a little uncomfortable especially now that the US pretty much does fuckall for mitigation. I also feel uncomfortable in these converted spaces. All throughout the US these formerly industrial zones and docks that were formerly productive industry have been converted into luxury condos, shopping districts and entertainment spaces. I can't quite put the words to my fingertips at the moment, but the feeling is ominous.

@Jared Lee Yeah, I hear you - the demise of these areas from their original use is concerning.  In this case, the building was derelict for a long time and so at least it is now being used productively, spurring some regeneration locally. They have loads of events throughout the year so the local town gets increased trade.  But, true, not the original purpose.  

@Maynard Friedman Yeah it's this building in Halifax, West Yorkshire.  Some say St Mark's Square in Venice was actually modeled on it :D.  But yeah, very nice place.

I don’t have a problem with the re-use (or repurposing) of older industrial (or other buildings) when they are no longer used - admittedly the actual reasons behind their decline/abandonment can be unsavoury or highly political rather than simply the result of progress. I even wrote my undergraduate dissertation about this very thing many, many years ago. I also understand it’s a much lower carbon footprint to re-use rather than demolish and rebuild.

My issues are when shady developers are involved and when the chains move in due to the high rent and the independents (who in some cases are responsible for the rejuvenation of old buildings in the first place) are forced out. Then it just becomes meh! :sad:

Edited by Maynard Friedman

^^ and the shopkeepers raise the prices of everything (either to pay the rent to these shady landlords or to capitalise on the new-found trendiness, I dunno which)... I once even saw peanut butter for sale for £8 on Sharrow Vale Road, believe it or not :wink:

Edited by MJF9

I can believe it.. That's my local row of shops :)

A new Bubble Tea joint opened up last week called K'Tea... check it out, it looks expensive (no web page just yet) 

I think it's for the Gen Z'ers.. never afford a house so i might as well buy £12 tea..

2 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Well, last night... very peculiar being about in a crowd... not sure if anyone else gets this now

Did i tell you about when i had a mini freak-out in Ikea?

Last time i went there to get my kid a bed.. i was already feeling pretty apprehensive about it having not been in a large department type store for years, my kid was hungry because he didn't have any breakfast so he and my mrs went to the cafe while i went to find the beds.. "ring me when you've done" said I... i couldn't find the damn beds, my phone signal was zero so i couldn't find the family, i wandered around for what seemed like hours then i heard my name on the tannoy saying "00, go to department such and such!" but i had no clue where this department was? I didn't even know what department i was in.. freaked out, abandoned the trolley, couldn't find the exit retraced my steps and went to sit in the car, got a phone signal, rang my mrs and asked them to meet me outside.. they were in the bed department all along, couldn'r bear to go back in so I ended up going home and buying the bed online  :D

22 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

I once even saw peanut butter for sale for £8 on Sharrow Vale Road, believe it or not :wink:

A couple of months ago a friend of mine and his daughter popped up to our house (they live out in the sticks) and the 4 of us went for a walk around Redmires.. all of a sudden a tenner blew past on the wind so he chased after it and picked it up.. he said "are we going for cake on Sharrow Vale Rd later" yeah can do.. cool "I'm buying" he said, the shop is tiny so i went in with the tenner, ordered 4x slices of cake and 2x cans of pop which came to £30 so i had to put it on my card.

Both kids thanked him...

Sounds like a nightmare OO :)

19 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Aha yeah I was teasing as I remembered that's your manor.  We ended up there impromptu one time and I spotted some of the buildings near the park from your previous posts.  Some really nice buildings and shops... but that's the theme with pricing eh. Someone somewhere is taking the p...  

@smoothsailor what you got planned

drive from the ferry to Hastings, few days there, than to Bristol, another few days, after that to London..

looking forward, always like to come over.

downside is my car left me on the side of the road yesterday with vague troubles the triple a guy couldn’t figure it out.

I got home eventually,, now I don’t trust the old bugger anymore

On 7/9/2022 at 3:04 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

A new Bubble Tea joint opened up last week called K'Tea... check it out, it looks expensive (no web page just yet) 

I think it's for the Gen Z'ers.. never afford a house so i might as well buy £12 tea..

Did i tell you about when i had a mini freak-out in Ikea?

Last time i went there to get my kid a bed.. i was already feeling pretty apprehensive about it having not been in a large department type store for years, my kid was hungry because he didn't have any breakfast so he and my mrs went to the cafe while i went to find the beds.. "ring me when you've done" said I... i couldn't find the damn beds, my phone signal was zero so i couldn't find the family, i wandered around for what seemed like hours then i heard my name on the tannoy saying "00, go to department such and such!" but i had no clue where this department was? I didn't even know what department i was in.. freaked out, abandoned the trolley, couldn't find the exit retraced my steps and went to sit in the car, got a phone signal, rang my mrs and asked them to meet me outside.. they were in the bed department all along, couldn'r bear to go back in so I ended up going home and buying the bed online  :D

The friendly IKEA journey is actually a labyrinth from hell - hate the place

Anyway this whole price rise thing is getting ridiculous … last month I bought some extra virgin olive oil from Morrison’s - it was £4 and I got back in the house and banged on about the robbing bastards putting the price up from £3.50 (I nearly never notice small price rises) but it seemed to me 15% was hefty. So fast forward just over 3 weeks to yesterday … same oil in now £6.49!!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in a mountainous region of  Sardinia, a few miles from a village called Seulo

77E4F125-1339-4189-9501-A600C2EEE369.thumb.jpeg.7a0a972f6079493e509c6ed8bd87eab3.jpeg

The region was given Blue Zone municipality label of excellence for being the longest lived community in the world.

.. it’s just lovely, we’re surrounded by grapes, olives, marrows, aubergine, almonds, courgettes and shit loads of lizards... 

A1B40D22-E54C-4882-BBE8-48914B3627D7.thumb.jpeg.6aad76a97036c2f708642afee7b2a436.jpeg

.. drinking peasant beer and the local firewater..

41B117FE-5762-4DE1-9E55-DD48D2A068EE.thumb.jpeg.0a4d3142715984d8454c8a42ec4f5389.jpeg

..eating cock bread :)

2E78EFB4-EA0F-459B-84C5-38EC2B55914E.thumb.jpeg.27d9925d293398ad56a4f7bc7a48e72c.jpeg

.. just got back from Arbatax, a small beach community to the east, the drive through the mountains was beautiful, the med is so warm..

..first time I’ve had internet access for 4days.. probably a correlation between that and the life longevity :)

Edited by Double 0 Soul