What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

11 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Beauty! don't forget the head badge, it's the best bit.

Holy crap! one leg would certainly curtail your shoe buying, glad you made a full recovery.

I would have taken it off your hands for sure! how much did you get for it? i was watching one for sale (same colour) on ebay last year in Wales for £350 but it was a shadow of your bike, i would probably have spent twice that again bringing it up to your kind of spec.

About £400 I think. Which is about what all the parts cost if I recall. 
Regret selling this so much now! 

here he is:E04DB001-F9BB-41C6-ADBD-CB394A7E81F5.jpeg.73b41e657da00d8a5521d5d0f3664a8c.jpeg

Edited by fre-co

Damn! I'm not surprised, £400 doesn't sound like a lot, must have been a few years ago.

The one on ebay had been fucked around with, it might have even been a fixie, i can't quite remember but it would have been a case of keeping the frame, forks, stem, seatpost and junking the rest.

Did you own it for long before the re-build?

Nope. Bought the frame of a dude on lfgss. Spent a couple of months finding the right groupset. I wanted shimano and was keen on something special so the first gen dura ace was spot on. They are probably quite rare now especially in that condition. Then the other bits. Probably had it less than a year in total. 

more time building than riding.

Edited by fre-co

^ on the picture its "Quadratur des Kreises" by "Freundeskreis", a German rap group from the 90s, the vinyl is the original 1997 pressing.
Else
L'Orange - The Orchid Days
L'Orange & Stik Figa - The City Under The City
L'Orange - After The Flower
Blame One & J57 - Walk In The Sun
Trettmann - Reggae Showcase (Prod. by Teka)
Selah Sue - Alone EP
So mostly rap and similar stuff.

8 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

^looks like a lot of fun. Is that a dead seal or is he just lying around? Or is it something else haha

Yep. Dead. Smelled nasty too 

It was my wife’s birthday yesterday so I took her to a monkey forest. There was lots of fighting and mating, and that was just in the car on the way up. 

It was more for the kids to be totally honest and they loved it. There are c140 Barbary macaques in a beautiful, typical British forest. The monkeys are completely free to roam with no barriers - there is a perimeter fence vary far out but they all seem to congregate around a central area in any event. Very cool and really interesting to see how the dominant males and females deal with other monkeys and how the weaker ones divert the aggression away from themselves on to other weaker ones. 

A2E72872-BA8D-41F7-915A-F3575FB9561A.thumb.jpeg.f6e247885aadf7d0af06251a2ba1a203.jpeg

The babies were 7-8 weeks old and were just beginning to climb off their mother’s backs to eat for themselves. We saw a male babysitting a baby which we were advised is very uncommon. 

A1A10CF0-01CE-46BD-957B-F9D7C400E2BF.thumb.jpeg.f9ba06e4358a2f178308f7a19fef2b58.jpeg

Lush forest

8165E16C-32B4-47D0-9F81-F56E41E42705.thumb.jpeg.8e589bd7382cdc8349763c1128db6f9f.jpeg

A couple of my monkeys, with the green back trying to push the weaker sibling toward the dominant males with complete disregard to its safety. The father watches on, not giving the slightest shit!
EC67DEE4-9C80-47A9-B963-67B5E9725A9E.thumb.jpeg.977eef76f02faeac6fd3cf0ef5ec4b98.jpeg

Edited by unders

One of the original 3 colours too - pale blue, mint green and ‘senile’ beige! I’ve seen a few resprayed ones too - often in hot pink! I knew nothing about cars, beyond a rudimentary ability to drive but was told that the Figaro is basically the old Micra in a sexy chassis.