What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Laughing at that baby blue story Double O. I still remember borrowing a Tomahawk, bombing down my gran’s street, hitting a house brick and going over the handlebars at a tender age.  

Gee always wanted a Grifter for that reassuring robustness - never managed it sadly. I think it’s outside of the scope of no-buy though so you never know this year could be it!

That bleepy scene link is reading for the weekend - thanks Double O!

Maynard you need your own ‘Buildings of Britain to take your jeans to’ thread but just with a punchier title than that.

Edited by MJF9

Grifters were wank! :D... i always remember gangs of us going on bike rides in the early 80's.., we would get to a stile (cos it were all fields back then) and those with BMX's could lift them over the gate but those with Grifters wern't so lucky, 2 kids would lift up the Grifter and pass it to 2 other kids perched on top of the gate who would pass it down t'other side.

BMX skills 4life featuring CSF & J.Lofgren

IMG_5736

I was teaching mini-soul how to bunny-hop on his 16" Sunday BMX, ideally suited for 5yr olds

IMG_5736

On 2/7/2020 at 7:09 AM, effdatnoise said:

@julian-wolf

I've spent a fair amount of time out there.

It's just a mercantile and bakery.  Basically feeds visitors and park employees who are headed to Bowman or Kintla lake.  So stop in if you are headed into those spots.  I did probably my favorite backpacking going from "The loop" off the going-to-the-sun road and hiking out of Kintla.  Some totally spectacular campsites and hiking.  Particularly around the "Hole-in-the-wall" campsite/area.

Some of the employees live right there in polebridge or next to the mercantile...i think the owners live there or something.  I went to the "Polebridge Formal" with some of the park employees at the end of the season.  Drank a lot and camped, good times.  

The loop through Kintla seems like a great one. If we'd been able to get a spot between Hole in the Wall and the trailhead, we would've taken the extra night to go out that way for the trip pictured. As it was, we went in and out through Bowman, which was also great. You can actually see a nice view Bowman in the fourth shot from the bottom, hiking down from the summit of Chapman.

Agreed 100% on Hole in the Wall—that's about as good as it gets. That's where the final three of the above photos were shot, and where we spent our last night before a long walk out.

Would love to be there for something like the Formal; that seems like it would've been right up our alley. Will have to look into that sorta thing more thoroughly next time I'm in the area. Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 7:21 AM, Double 0 Soul said:

I never made it to Spike Island 

My teenage years were bleepier :) there's an article here on RA which discusses the vibe in the city at the time.. https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2349

Just remembered this... thanks for the link @Double 0 Soul. The bleepy scene had tentacles from Sheffield, across Yorkshire and beyond. Nightmares on Wax were great and still are. Really like their chilled vibe. I've  seen them a few times over the years - there are some pics somewhere on Sufu of a gig in Liverpool. Funnily enough Mrs N.O.W. once semi-hypnotised me - she was in training, a mate and was attempting full hypnosis that didn't quite work but it was altogether pretty relaxing as I nodded off lol.

Spike Island was a laugh - carefree day kicking around on a grassy patch of land in the centre of Widnes industrial landscape, chemical works, chimneys, cooling towers etc. What views! The Jam MCs leading into a late showing from the Roses... Ian Brown proclaimed to be the resurrection then we all had miles to walk trying to get home... happy days...

• 4 weeks later...

We needed a bit of a mental reset , been stuck in the house for days so we went for a walk . Where we live is right on the edge of Belfast so at the top of our street we have the beginning of the Cave Hill country park , thought there couldn't be many people about and I was right ... didn't see a single person , you don't see many people at the best of times maybe the odd dog walker but today we had the place all to ourselves 

We were on a rescue mission so Jack had his walkie talkie 

20200323_13325420200323_133225

But daddy was packing heat 

20200323_13491520200323_13372220200323_133329

Weren't out for that long , maybe an hour or so but it was great to get out of the house 

20200323_135348

Went for a walk in one of my favorite parts of Gothenburg. Old houses that all pretty much look the same, just small details and shapes that differ. 

n2gRKvjl.jpg

bSy34BSl.jpg

Bonus shots from the last few weeks, when it was more OK to be out and alive.

upi8a2ml.jpg

HYA7ozGl.jpg

1gC7jOzl.jpg

STNMuBMl.jpg

xDECY7Vl.jpg

9bXIG8gl.jpg

Like much of the world, the MJF9 family are all at home for the foreseeable. Best wishes to the Sufu community with challenges now and ahead.

The fella on the telly - Joe Wicks aka The Body Coach - is running daily PE classes at 9am UK time on You Tube. He got about 850k viewers today. 

This is the new family uplifter for the day ahead. We all get stuck in together.

And a good way to break in my Canes M41001!

10012B61-8611-41B4-8BA3-1B7EEC64C5E2.jpeg

Your gallant efforts are appreciated - if you can break away without causing the FTSE to drop even more, I recommend it for a bit of fun.

Yeah it’s an Ercol - though I do prefer the vintage stuff, they didn’t have infrared widgets in the old days. Do you like a bit of Ercol then?

I used to have an Ercol dining table and chairs but left it with an ex out of guilt!

We have been planning on updating our 15 yr-old TV and need a bigger stand do will get an Ercol Teramo stand once things are back to normal.

Anyway, enough frivolous banter, back to the grind...

You'll have to put up with these oldies till the apocalypse blows over i'm afraid.

Ive gone into full lockdown today, with my workshop located in one of the more down at heel parts of the city, ive boarded up the doors and windows, taken the bikes, tools, fishing tackle and camping gear home for the duration (we might camp out in the garden one night) fingers crossed the burglars are in lockdown too, the crackhead hookers certainly arn't.

...anyway, you've seen most of the best urban explores the city has to offer and even some of those have now been demolished to make way for yet more shity flats, there's not much left, damn you economic recovery!

Nope, they're stashed in a drawer but that WH 2001XX is still draped over the back of my chair, situations could get pretty desperate for some peeps in the weeks ahead so ive tried to prepare the best i can, the cops wont give a shit, they haven't even found my flippin bikes yet.

Ive hidden smaller stuff but there's still a couple of compressors, industrial vac, cross cut saw, tool boxes full of old timey tools... f'kin loads of stuff when i think about it but it's not the kind of shit you can easily sell down the boozer...if the boozers were open of course.