What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More news from the “exotic bird sanctuary”! Here are a couple of honkers (geese) visiting on their way north. Wish I could have gotten audio; these babies are LOUD! I expect they will stay for a while as the Polar vortex is hitting hard up north this week. 

43F83E07-1BED-4C22-A16A-F9552B4B9F4C.jpeg

Edited by lance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

b_F -- beautiful pics and quite far from your home!

Broark -- ever heard of (or seen) the Marfa Lights?  Haven't driven through there for many years, but there were these lights on the horizon at twilight that no one could explain.

• 1 month later...

Day trip to London town with the good lady

Vintage Showroom checking out At Last

Great lunch at Pollen Street Social 

Clutch Cafe chatting denim jackets, CSF and Lee Stormriders; Moscot researching new glasses

Dropped by vintage gathering at Kings Cross

Denim, clothes and eats - perfect combo for a roaming Saturday out!

2019-04-28 15.19.52.jpg

2019-04-28 15.12.13.jpg

2019-04-28 16.53.11.jpg

2019-04-28 15.21.00.jpg

2019-04-28 15.10.14.jpg

^ thanks... I do like a jaunt in the big city... 

Agree the jelt denim is solid and love the neat fit. Was, in fact still am, really tempted (even returned for another try) as have a long-standing gap for a chore. The 57% uptick is a headache tho...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went for a really nice hike this weekend in Desolation Wilderness w/ my oldest, comfiest Cane's

This was the view from our base camp at Ralston Lake:

Rx04gyA.jpg

After getting in and pitching camp on Friday afternoon, we didn't waste any time getting up the mountain on the other side of the lake, which offered a great view of lakes (CW from bottom left) Ralston, Tamarac, Fallen Leaf, Tahoe, and Echo, as well as (not pictured) Aloha. Great start to the trip!

WveDcez.jpg

On Saturday we rambled up what will, in a month or so, be the PCT—for now, it was nothing but miles of largely-unmarked snow—and explored a whole other series of lakes farther West, most impressive of which was probably Aloha:

52fTsn9.jpg

The high-point, for me, was probably Jabu Lake, which was still around 3/4 frozen-over, but which had just enough liquid showing to warrant running barefoot through the snow to jump in and swim across for some good mid-afternoon adrenaline:

M5ujEcR.jpg

We didn't get a shot of it, sadly, but turning 180° from where the above photo was taken put us right at the edge of a pretty sizable cliff that offered one of the best views I've seen in the Sierra, off towards Mt. Tallac and Lake Tahoe with a whole cluster of lakes, waterfalls, forests, and rock walls in the foreground.

I never get tired of hiking around this area—for anyone who hasn't, the whole of El Dorado Nat'l Forest is worth exploring as thoroughly as possible.

Thunderstorms in Florida this afternoon. Saw this beauty sitting at the end of my neighbor’s fence hunting. Think it’s an eagle!

Edit Spoke to a friend who knows birds lots better than I. It’s a red shouldered hawk! Thanks for keeping me honest, Foxy2 :)

6A4CB1BE-0F7C-4077-BF91-67CA1E10F5C2.thumb.jpeg.d78b84835c5be6f1b370ecfdd2f23e7e.jpeg

Edited by lance