What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

On 4/7/2018 at 8:50 AM, Geeman said:

Dragging the family round denim spots in Tokyo 

hwiwBeh.jpgasyKToT.jpg

in your second photo where you are carrying them two mccoy bags, what's that jungle jacket you are wearing?  just curious.  thanks.

13 hours ago, Niro said:

I was in Peckham couple weeks back, and like you I found the extremes amusing. Walking down the high street of Rye Lane is what I knew/expect of inner city london, and then turning into Blenheim Grove (road with Peckham Rye station I think) is like stepping into another world almost. Going from chicken shops, betting shops, grocers, fishmongers, and small afro carribean shops to craft beer brewery, sour dough bakery, upmarket burger place, and trendy bars from one road to the next was just unreal.

The first glimpse into the future of Peckham

yup: blenheim grove is exactly the road i was talking about; connects bellenden road to peckham rye; with vintage cars one end, then 'normal' peckham the other...

the other madness of that road is that one half is all train track and car garages... and in those railway arches indeed spring things including blenheim forge: who seem to make the best handmade japanese-style kitchen knives in london... 

i was going to take pictures of exactly the sour dough place you mean; but was accosted by an ex-colleague who was drinking coffee there, so was distracted [by my own intersectionality to say the least]! 

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

ha yea. It is a complete clash of worlds. Find it quite interesting. Although I suppose some of the local residents who have lived there for decades might not see it that way

Also @Geeman nice pics! Lucky guy on another Tokyo trip so soon after the last one!

Edited by Niro

Staying over this weekend in the metropolis (more specifically in the aforenamed home of the "revenant zombies")... my room with a view (lol) shows ongoing expansion, upwards as well as outwards. Next up could be floating schools on the Thames I heard a while back. Sadly missed many photo opportunities as we were dashing about all weekend but some nice vintage motors were on show at Kings Cross vintage car boot event...

2018-04-29 17.41.38.jpg

• 2 months later...

Thanks, Maynard, the back of the house is mostly glass so I wake up to it, swim and kayak in it and go to sleep looking at it. Every day for 22 years I have loved it. Now, if the gators and hurricanes will continue to be kind!

Edited by lance

• 1 month later...

Ok... more like a few snaps of what my jeans did last week on a little tour of the North East of Britain... super friendly folk and a cracking stretch of coastline...

Cricket at Bamburgh Castle;

South Shields sands with trusty daisy mae bathed in sunshine;

The top notch Riley's fish shack at Tynemouth - chilled vibes matched with fresh catch perfectly cooked;
(forgive me for the picture quality!)

2018-08-13 21.33.24.jpg

20180807_121028.jpg

2018-08-15 21.26.22.jpg

2018-08-13 21.37.23.jpg

Edited by MJF9

The weekend has been spent mostly in this position 

.Internet

Kindle 

PBJ 

Bourbon 

UES 

EX0qtjb.jpg

I'm really liking the UES denim. A lighter shade of blue than usual, developing quite a bit of character. 

• 3 weeks later...

^ I've lived on the lake for 22 years. When I first bought the home, there were many more gators than at  present because adjacent building construction has encroached on their habitat (and mine!) But now as then, when I swim or kayak, I am careful to scan the area before entering the water and I check frequently, when swimming, to look for them. So far, so good! At this hour, I am looking carefully at hurricane Florence which seems to be turning south; again, so far, so good! Hopefully my luck will continue to hold on both accounts.

This weekend as part of the annual Birmingham Heritage week Birminghams museums opened their shared storage facilities to the public. It's a huge building where they hold all the exhibits currently not on display or on loan to another city's museum or exhibition. As you'd expect from the Birmingham / Black Country area it was loaded with old industrial relics, engines etc as well as ancient Egypt and European artifacts.
It was a veritable treasure chest of oddities and machinery! 
Loads of pics, but my highlight was the 'sauce' sign that was part of the HP Sauce sign from the now closed home of brown sauce in Aston. 

Apologies for the geek overload 

tKFfvnI.jpg

fWzzFul.jpg

iO4SLwg.jpg

NEfDGoS.jpg

BAoys1d.jpg

85EBj9w.jpg

KihyQkb.jpg

AhTWFIC.jpg

hKKe7Nx.jpg

gvTrLgo.jpg

rN86RYc.jpg

UH6R14l.jpg

IZefw7a.jpg

YFGAgKb.jpg

6mFJgkx.jpg

d7NX1rX.jpg

0KiVtA2.jpg

BwuQjgk.jpg

zjSDNIB.jpg

F5hhS6d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get the last two tickets to My Hero Academia Two Heroes.  Dubbed because subtitled was sold out.  Drove over an hour to see this but it was worth it! 

IMG_4056.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...