What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My jeans did a family tradition

The day before i was in the (greasy auction) don't know if we can say this in english. It's like a common market but with carcass / heart / liver of ducks and gooses

Anyway i took 4kg of greasy liver and i was ready to do some "foie gras"

Share my labor with you:

puim.jpg

Brush with some Armagnac

v3hd.jpg

j044.jpg

Difficult part: take of the nerves

ee8k.jpgtuw9.jpgl2xv.jpg

The jars are in (26 in total)

avm1.jpg

And then did a bain-marie

ijjs.jpg

3k82.jpg

Union Special 43200G Fixed by myself

jf1.JPG

I haven’t handle this machine about 4~5 years, almost forget the fear when first time see this old machine. Probably be use to my own Union Special in this ten years since the very first fixing , adjustment, repainted.

The nightmare comes again since I got the strange Union Special 43200G.

All black subject(type I), brown edge cover(Type II) with the type I axis linking other types’ rods. And the facial parts are also coming from other types. It definitely got over many wars and is used ,fixed again and again.

After the first texting, finding out that it doesn’t work well. I have no choice but destruct it.

wya9.jpg

After the elementary destruction, really cant tell how the last maintenance personnel assembled and installed it with such a wrong way. Really “skillfullâ€.

We cant tell the main subject is black or brown at first sight, cuz it is all covered by antirust painting and rust.

c2hb.jpg

The rust almost takes the place of the former painting.

yj41.jpg

The last photo during the destruction. Forgive me that I cant take any photo with the dirty hands and tired mind. Really exhausted.

y3yi.jpg

After washing hands, I took the camera again.

The inside parts are homing, but some parts are a bit broken. Guess I should find new components and destruct it again.

Repaint the facial parts to avoid it getting rusty more serious.

3nsg.jpg

The title “ Union Special†is almost disappeared. Consider if it should be painted again.

I used to ridicule that some people repaint the old machine. In fact, we can always follow our mine and decided what color it is. If you want to paint it pink. Just do it! 

0kw9.jpg

Many machines have no type label, so I give it my own copper marker.

I also gave it my own copper wire. It seems like I am remodeling a Harley by my ownself.

Look forward to the last adjustment and the completion day.

• 4 weeks later...