What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

-z-

Is Yan Jing good fresh on tap? shit kills me in these imported bottles. Chicago-Lake seems to be nixing black Eastern beers (asahi black being my most lamented casualty) so I've been dipping into lighter beers, Tsing Tao or straight Grain Belt lately. Staying away from imported Yan Jing.

Ok, finally have some time, so...

not exactly a wayjdt post since it has been weeks.

i'll try not to bombard the thread with everything but these might be interesting to some:

Reached Osaka late on the first day, headed to the hotel area to check in and explore around the area, only to know that namba & shinsaibashi are really near to each other. so here we have the famous glico man.

Jap12Album1159.jpg

and the original giant crab? Shinsaibashi has really got nothing but FOOD. amazing.

Jap12Album1168.jpg

so was at Yotsubashi area for shopping and visited some stores.

Jap12Album1139.jpg

Jap12Album1141.jpg

2 levels of fh & rjb goodness.

Jap12Album1145.jpg

Jap12Album1144.jpg

nothing much in warehouse, they just finished their huge sales days before i arrived. small shop btw.

Jap12Album1147.jpg

Sry. too excited to visit, no pictures for dry bones and LEE.

but around the corner is where dry bones & LEE are at. Dry Bones store is a pretty impressive. we were offered some godiva chocolate when we entered, generous much? db really stands out in terms of their store theme (which was to me very 'primitive japan' inspired, and a few pieces are very old-japanish-rock crafted)

And to mccoys (another amazing store, packed with leathers jackets, bombers, flight jackets, uncountable A2 jackets, and of course the staple essentials; henleys, basics etc... a must visit)

Jap12Album1148.jpg

Jap12Album1152.jpg

then..

Jap12Album1153.jpg

thats about all for osaka that is suitable for this thread, no fit pics (but i was wearing denim throughout the trip), no in-store photos, my apologies.

Edited by Gnob

gnob, funny we were apparently days apart in our journey...didn't take pictures myself, but hit up all the same stores....I also liked the Lee and Evisu stores in Nu Chayamachi (Umeda) and spent quite a bit of money at Warehouse (umeda) and Flat Head (yotsubashi) where all the store attendants couldn't be nicer...I think I surprised them all that I knew so much about their lineups, models etc. that they threw in free stuff with purchase. Gotta love Japan! walked away with flat head shirts, Evisu 2000 No.2's, Heller's Cafe 2012 Olympic jeans as far as denim purchases go...

Edited by aho

exactly aho, could have bumped into you. is it snowing heavily when you were there? though i only experienced tiny flakes of snow and the park area looks very tranquil and nice.

i must agree the staffs there are really polite. especially flat head & dry bones. but i really had a hard time communicating with them, language barrier. yes, not to mention, the evisu stores there are really amazing, nothing like what we have here.. i nearly got myself a pair of evisu too!

super purchases from you i guess, must be a really fruitful trip!

-z-

Is Yan Jing good fresh on tap? shit kills me in these imported bottles. Chicago-Lake seems to be nixing black Eastern beers (asahi black being my most lamented casualty) so I've been dipping into lighter beers, Tsing Tao or straight Grain Belt lately. Staying away from imported Yan Jing.

it's much better than tsingtao, but still nothing special. 1000 times better on tap than in a bottle, but still just OK. it's the local brew so it's available a lot of places for next to nothing so i drink it when i "just want a beer", but i find myself only wanting to drink Kirin since the place next door sells it in 600ml bottles for 8rmb, like $1.50...still my favorite Japanese beer behind Hitachino Nest Ale, which is absolutely amazing but i can't buy here. hope all is well back over there!!!

that is awesome, hanging out with my childhood hero.

I will confess that I was pretty damn excited, ranon. He's the Kermit that went up in one of the space shuttles- hence the suit.

Went to a Jazz festival, the Rock and Roots 2012.

IMGP8535.jpg

Tried my hand at the hammer.

IMGP8576.jpg

Keb' Mo' came out to start the blues going for the night.

IMGP8583.jpg

This drunk fella was dancing along with this drum troupe like it was line dancing

IMGP8649.jpg

The Chicago blues man himself, legendary hall of famer, Buddy guy! 76 and still bringing it!

IMGP8636.jpg

british group The specials came next, bringing the crowd to their feet for one last jaunt before the night ended.

IMGP8670.jpg

I wasn't kidding

IMGP8664.jpg

IMGP8679.jpg

A little bit of working on cars (I actually didn't do anything today =/)

DSC_0024-1.jpg

I was busy cleaning up and airing up my old "BAD ASS" bike..

DSC_0031-2.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

My pug wanted in on some of this bad ass whip.

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg