What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

I visited the Arts & Science Museum at Marina Bay Sands Singapore. There was a Titanic Exhibit I've been meaning to visit. Turns out, I started my tour just as a Taiwan pop celebrity Wang Lee Hom started his private tour. So we wound up moving together and I felt some of the benefits of having plenty of staff around to question.

*Apologies about some pictures not being sharp, certain areas were very dark, and I used the maximum ISO of 800 on my G10 with no tripod.

IMG_2380.jpg

Rather large detailed model of the RMS Titanic.

IMG_2381.jpg

RMS stands for Royal Mail Service. Ocean liners were the main vessels for overseas mail then.

IMG_2382.jpg

Leather wallet recovered at the bottom of the sea, still intact as you can see.

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

Thought this note was rather sweet.

IMG_2389.jpg

1st Class Corridors with suites on either side.

IMG_2390.jpg

1st Class Suite

IMG_2391.jpg

Cont.

Grand Staircase.

IMG_2392.jpg

Deck.

IMG_2394.jpg

Thought this might interest some of you. Casual Boots made of Box Calf were recovered from the bottom of the sea.

IMG_2397.jpg

We were given a boarding pass each at the start of the tour with an actual passenger's name, details, and background story. And at the end of the tour you look for your name on a great directory of survivors and those who perished. Looks like I was one of the 700 that survived, despite being 45, Male, and 3rd class!

IMG_2398.jpg

After the tour, we headed for dinner at Pizzeria Mozza. I loved the place mats!

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

Fennel Sausage Pizza!

IMG_2405.jpg

Salumi Pizza with my glass of Fruilorna in the back.

IMG_2407.jpg

^ I guffawed at your comment lol.

Anyways, I woke up this morning to a very pleasant surprise. Heir Audio decided to commemorate my 11/11/11 birthday by giving me a brand new triple driver custom earphone with a very unique faceplate. The faceplate is made of REAL amboyna burl wood with siamese rosewood as the inlay. Heir Audio is the ONLY company that does this, all others would print the design on instead or work with other materials. I am one lucky camper.

It is a 1 low 1 mid 1 high set up with a 3 way passive crossover. The following are pictures from the unboxing. Riff would find this particularly interesting I think ;)

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

I'll be making some matching cables for these soon with very premium parts. Guess I'll post up more pics then.

Edited by saintkeat

My friend is in town from back home this week and, obviously has some once in a lifetime sights he wants to check off his list. I also swore I'd go see the Imperial Palace and Forbidden City on the first snow of the year. Today when I woke up, well It was snowing...so we went to check it out under a thin layer of white...

This guy has the right idea...but is not particularly vigilant

6441619765_a0ee9762e3_z.jpg

it was very empty today, and an ideal time to visit given the way it looks under snow

6441623043_383e01d6df_z.jpg

the small crowd did not slow down those handing out flyers and selling photographs and goods...

6441621313_8da83a0063_z.jpg

6441622257_5cac1f6d5a_z.jpg

we left the ancient city to get a better view...

6441625273_2330c764c3_z.jpg

and made some snowmen to look out over Beijing

6441626903_cd42a4f78d_z.jpg

there was still plenty of color in the park

6441627791_3e242e612f_z.jpg

we took a short cut to get some duck for dinner

6441629135_9f307e709c_z.jpg

they were busy cleaning out leaves from the lake as the snow continued to slowly fall...

6441630069_532a590a22_z.jpg

we sat and watched the lake for a bit, then headed in for dinner while night set in.

6441630827_1b77ff5d80_z.jpg

goodnight / morning / afternoon to all out there.

IMG_2424.jpg

I'll be making some matching cables for these soon with very premium parts. Guess I'll post up more pics then.

Sorry if it's been answered before, but what music do you plan to run through them? I'd love to have a pair that nice.

Z those photos are stunning!

@vicarious - I listen to a very wide range, but my impressions with this pair is that it sounds great with rock, house and trance. I'll post up a link to my review here when I post up photos of my cables. My album of the month now is Mumford & Sons - Sigh no more. Get it in Flac if possible.

Hey thanks everyone! Been having a great fall / winter here in BJ.

saintkeat - thanks for the props! and amazing earphones, I would love to listen on something of that quality.

ranon - :) thanks as always my friend! I loved your scans on the last page, particularly the one laying in bed.

paul - thank you very much, it was strange hearing you mention the story piece, as i posted it a re-read it I instantly felt like it was very paul T-esque, reminded me of your posting in this thread!

the girlfriend and i went out and about today to take a few photos and find somewhere to have lunch. It was a truly gorgeous day here today, 65-68 degrees and vivid blue skies. went down through potrero hill to the more industrial end of the waterfront.

DSC_04622.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0479.jpg

This is the original part of general hospital.

^ I guffawed at your comment lol.

Anyways, I woke up this morning to a very pleasant surprise. Heir Audio decided to commemorate my 11/11/11 birthday by giving me a brand new triple driver custom earphone with a very unique faceplate. The faceplate is made of REAL amboyna burl wood with siamese rosewood as the inlay. Heir Audio is the ONLY company that does this, all others would print the design on instead or work with other materials. I am one lucky camper.

It is a 1 low 1 mid 1 high set up with a 3 way passive crossover. The following are pictures from the unboxing. Riff would find this particularly interesting I think ;)

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

Fucking awesome! Seriously, I wish I had more money to spend on headphones, but my westone 3's suit me fine right now. I would love another pair of JH-13s though!